Photo

How Many Guys Admit Punting At Gum Clinic?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 mrrightnow

mrrightnow
  • New Users
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 15:34

Hello All,

I understand other threads may have touched on aspects of this; but would like to start one which pulls these together.

I've been an occasional punter for about eight and a half years but would like to become more active.

When I've been for routine GUM exams in the past I've been handed a 'Pre-HIV Test Questionnaire'. This asked things like whether I take drugs/sleep with other men etc; but also whether I was a punter. It was quite clear that a 'Yes' to any of the questions would result in a referal to a counsellor. To be honest, I took the line mentioned in several threads, ie. tell them what I'd done not with whom.

On one occasion, everyone was screened by the counsellor regardless, who asked for recent sexual history. Mentioned a couple of BJ's without RO. Was then asked if this was with WG's? Again, answered indirectly or a "need to know" basis.

Apart from the title question, what I would like to know is when I go for another exam there or elsewhere, if I answer "yes" to punting will this result in:

• HBV and/or HPV vaccines, (which is what I would like)
  • Lecture or worse

Many thanks.

#2 TheVicar

TheVicar
  • Members
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 20:19

I've confessed to seeing WGs when visiting a GUM clinic /ohmy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

You'll probably see the acronym CSW (commercial sex worker) being written on your file against the list of people with whom you've had sexual contact. I haven't experienced any sanctimonious or judgmental behaviour or attitude. Others may have different experiences, but for me it was all very matter of fact.

Edited by TheVicar, 11 September 2011 - 20:20.

I am not a Methodist :cool: 

#3 Overworked

Overworked
  • Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 21:31

Always told them Ive paid for sex. Never had a problem.

They usually go through what you did on your previous sexual encounters, dont need to give names, I just give the nationality. (Sometimes needed more space on the form as Im reeling them off /cool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> )

Havent had a lecture. Most Ive got is that I should do OW instead of OWO. Thats it. Thats the easy part before she sticks a swab in your japs eye while you still have a full bladder for the urine tests...

Think where healths concerned its best to always be honest, no matter how embarressing you think it might be.

Edited by Overworked, 11 September 2011 - 21:33.

#4 partylover

partylover
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 22:00

Always been honest, never had a problem, always found the staff to be very understanding and non-judgemental.

The hardest part was when she asked how many sexual partners i'd had in the last 6 months and i'm sitting thinking 10, 20, 30...40 even....hmmm, need to go home and get out my records and i can tell you exactly /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

#5 WykeTyke

WykeTyke
  • Members
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 19:23

Yes, never had any issues with be straightforward; other than the six to eight week waiting time we have for the appointments in Hull.

Edited by WykeTyke, 12 September 2011 - 19:24.

If you can keep your head, while everyone else is losing theirs,
it usually means you've failed to grasp the full gravity of the situation.

#6 Annabel Squires

Annabel Squires
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 19:34

The only jab you might get is the Hep B vaccination.

We all have it and I know regular visitors of WGs are recommended it in the clinic I go to in Manc.

#7 philuk1uk

philuk1uk
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:12

When I went to the GUM Clinic in Manchester I was not asked whether I paid for sex, if I was then I would have said yes.

#8 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:30

Yes, never had any issues with be straightforward; other than the six to eight week waiting time we have for the appointments in Hull.

That's a hell of a long wait. All sorts of things could develop in that time. I was under the impression that you could drop in without an appointment.

We don't stop playing because we grow old We grow old because we stop playing

#9 mrrightnow

mrrightnow
  • New Users
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 18:32

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Update, (just in case anyone else is unsure):

Decided to start again with the one in the next town. Missed the walk-in session; but asked the receptionist about the vaccine, as that was what I gone there for this time. She was genuinely under the impression this was not administered on site.

Managed to locate a hepatitis nurse on out-patients who looks after drug addicts. She sent me straight back to GUM with a word in my idea that anyone wanting vaccination should claim to be gay or a punter! So that answers that one.

Back at GUM reception had a chat going into reasons; but after lengthy discussions outside the room, I had to go through it all again with the nurse. She appeared completely unmoved by my lifestyle choices. Not sure if they then suspected I was just trying it on to get the vaccine; but said she would only vaccinate the girls or drug addicts due to funding constraints.

So on reflection, although the terminology used by both nurses possibly suggested a slightly out-dated attitude; your problem at this clinic would not be getting any grief; but whether or not they believe you.

#10 Overworked

Overworked
  • Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 21:57

That's a hell of a long wait. All sorts of things could develop in that time. I was under the impression that you could drop in without an appointment.

Quite! Mines only 2 days waiting when booking. Phone monday morning, get appointment for Wednesday. Done.

Also do a walk ins too but cant be bothered with that.

Better to book and then have a long break from work as its a "doctors appointment"

Edited by Overworked, 16 September 2011 - 21:58.

#11 partylover

partylover
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 22:56

Just looking at the title.....and one of the joys of the English language being double meanings make this a rather amusing topic /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I mean....did you have the punt in the waiting room?? Or in the private rooms in front of the doctor/nurse?? And did you punt with some random girl you met in the waiting room, or arrange to meet a WG there?? /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

If it was a random girl...were you not worried what she was there for?? /laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Edited by partylover, 16 September 2011 - 22:58.

#12 Strawberry

Strawberry
  • Members
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 16:02

Quite! Mines only 2 days waiting when booking. Phone monday morning, get appointment for Wednesday. Done.

Also do a walk ins too but cant be bothered with that.

Better to book and then have a long break from work as its a "doctors appointment"

This is most probably a result of the new government targets. That is that anyone showing symptoms, or wishing to have a GUM check-up is to be seen within 48 hours. Result was at my local clinic they had to start offering appointments every other day(instead of once a week) and weren't releasing appointments until the session before. This is fine if you can arrange time off at short notice, but not everyone can do so. Even WGs might have advance bookings lined up a day or two in advance. Not sure if "Sorry can't see you today off to the GUM" at confirmation time is going to go down very well. I suppose they are only trying to improve though, so mustn'e grumble!

It's common sense.

#13 spanner2

spanner2
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 13:39

I went today for the first time, decided it was about time I got checked. I admitted to having sex with three woman in the past 4 months and paying for sex although didn't admit to how many times, I had paid the four women in the past 6 months. One question that threw me was what countries girls were from that I had ever had sex with. Crikey o'reilly I thought, I have spent the last 25 years travelling the word and have had reasonable sexual success doing so. I admitted to USA, Brazil, Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa and Australia and said oh there must be others as well to give her an idea of the breadth!

I was asked if I wanted the Hep B jabs and I readily accepted.

However, I was surprised at the time lapse, the urine test wouldn't show anything caught in the past 2 weeks and the blood test in the past 3 months. That's a hell of a lag.

but what was truly un nerving was the fact the female doctor was stunning and I had just confessed to paying for sex.

#14 mrrightnow

mrrightnow
  • New Users
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 13:08

One question that threw me was what countries girls were from that I had ever had sex with. Crikey o'reilly I thought, I have spent the last 25 years travelling the word and have had reasonable sexual success doing so. I admitted to USA, Brazil, Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa and Australia

Does anyone know the reason why they ask this?

I was asked if I wanted the Hep B jabs and I readily accepted.

Which clinic was that, please?

#15 highland stormcock

highland stormcock
  • Members
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:09

How many guys admit punting at a GUM clinic?

I would guess very few have punted at a GUM clinic, much less admitted to it afterwards. Even if their fave WG was offering a quickie behind the curtain with a special discount while waiting for her test results. I've punted on a floor, in a bathroom, in a car park, and once on a beach. But never in a GUM clinic.

/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#16 jarevets

jarevets
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 15:40

Mr riightnow, The reason they ask for the countries is because they do have data on rates of prevalence of certain diseased in some of the countries - e.g. HIV, chlamydia etc. and they may be able to judge the risk of any one particuar exposure.

You mentioned HPV vaccine in your starting post - you will typically not get that on the NHS unless you were a virgin / very limited sexual exposure. Studies have shown that it is not particularly effective in those who have had reasonable sexual exposure. Most sexually active people have antibodies to some forms of the HPV. The vaccine is thus not able to produce the size and type of the immune response it would in those not exposed. So, the likelihood that it would benefit you are vastly reduced. You can still get the vaccine privately, but there is no telling whether it would be particularly effective.

#17 Rockenroll

Rockenroll
  • Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:28

Mr riightnow, The reason they ask for the countries is because they do have data on rates of prevalence of certain diseased in some of the countries - e.g. HIV, chlamydia etc. and they may be able to judge the risk of any one particuar exposure.

They still need to do the test, as all these diseases can be contracted in all countries.

I suspect they ask for the information for statistical purposes, as it is of no diagnostic value.

#18 rubens

rubens
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:44

I am interested in what happens at a GUM clinic - can you go anonymously, or use a pseudonym ?

If not, do they contact your GP or is it completely self-contained in terms of what they do with the information.

#19 pollyp23

pollyp23
  • Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 14:22

Havent had a lecture. Most Ive got is that I should do OW instead of OWO. Thats it. Thats the easy part before she sticks a swab in your japs eye while you still have a full bladder for the urine tests...

Have they ever mentioned reverse O without?
One swallow doesn't make a relationship.

#20 TheVicar

TheVicar
  • Members
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 15:07

I am interested in what happens at a GUM clinic - can you go anonymously, or use a pseudonym ?

If not, do they contact your GP or is it completely self-contained in terms of what they do with the information.

You can use a made up name, and date of birth - but remember to make a note of your "date of birth", as they will ask you for your dob to confirm your id on subsequent visits.

You do not have to complete your GP details, they do not insist on that info, so it can be self-contained if that is what you wish.

#21 pollyp23

pollyp23
  • Members
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 16:08

You can use a made up name, and date of birth - but remember to make a note of your "date of birth", as they will ask you for your dob to confirm your id on subsequent visits.

You do not have to complete your GP details, they do not insist on that info, so it can be self-contained if that is what you wish.

What if you test positive? For stds, none HIV, I suppose you can remain anonymous, but for something like HIV, surely one would need to give NI number at least?
One swallow doesn't make a relationship.

#22 TheVicar

TheVicar
  • Members
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 17:24

What if you test positive? For stds, none HIV, I suppose you can remain anonymous, but for something like HIV, surely one would need to give NI number at least?

You still need to give a means by which they can contact you, such as a mobile number.

I don't know regarding the need to give an NI number, the issue hasn't arisen in my experience.

#23 Fugazi64

Fugazi64
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:58

This is most probably a result of the new government targets. That is that anyone showing symptoms, or wishing to have a GUM check-up is to be seen within 48 hours. Result was at my local clinic they had to start offering appointments every other day(instead of once a week) and weren't releasing appointments until the session before. This is fine if you can arrange time off at short notice, but not everyone can do so. Even WGs might have advance bookings lined up a day or two in advance. Not sure if "Sorry can't see you today off to the GUM" at confirmation time is going to go down very well. I suppose they are only trying to improve though, so mustn'e grumble!

The standard within NHS clinics for a while has been that people requesting a GUM appointment should be offered an appopintment time within 48 hours of the request. The client has the right to decline the offer and choose a time more convenient to them even if outside the 48 hour time span.

#24 rubens

rubens
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 13:30

I'm a bit confused. So are there "drop-in" centres in the NHS, or does it depend where you are ?

If anyone has any recommendations as to what might be a good one to go to in central London (in terms of efficiency, discretion etc) it would be interesting to hear

#25 Strawberry

Strawberry
  • Members
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 17:53

The standard within NHS clinics for a while has been that people requesting a GUM appointment should be offered an appopintment time within 48 hours of the request. The client has the right to decline the offer and choose a time more convenient to them even if outside the 48 hour time span.

Thank you for this information, I had to heavily lean on them in order to get them to open up later appointments for me.

It's common sense.

#26 Overworked

Overworked
  • Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 18:39

Have they ever mentioned reverse O without?

Yes.

Basically the advice was protected (use a dam) and for oral with ( condom )...(or just not do it)

#27 BigBen

BigBen
  • Validating
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 19:21

They've heard it all before . . .

'Always Look On The Bright Side . . . . .' {di-dum; di-dum-di-dum-di-dum}   ^_^   :cool:   :P

#28 BigBen

BigBen
  • Validating
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 19:24

Yes.

Basically the advice was protected (use a dam) and for oral with ( condom )...(or just not do it)

get stuck in . . .

'Always Look On The Bright Side . . . . .' {di-dum; di-dum-di-dum-di-dum}   ^_^   :cool:   :P

#29 Strawberry

Strawberry
  • Members
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:41

Why?

It's common sense.

#30 Irgendeiner

Irgendeiner
  • Members
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 13:18

The standard within NHS clinics for a while ....

I think you need to qualify that "within NHS clinics"! I think you are referring to NHS England?

In Scotland, the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary does NO drop in, and appointments are like rocking horse shit. In the Highlands the only "drop in" facility is in Aviemore on Tuesday evenings from 1630-1800. Elsewhere, Inverness does appointments through the week, and the other highland centres have appointment sessions weekly or fortnightly!

#31 Fugazi64

Fugazi64
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 19:16

I think you need to qualify that "within NHS clinics"! I think you are referring to NHS England?

Apologies. I was replying to a lady working to the south of the border, but it is nonetheless true that NHS England would have been more accurate. Just a short spat I imagine; our standards will be heading your way soon!

#32 smiths

smiths
  • Members
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 00:00

I'm a bit confused. So are there "drop-in" centres in the NHS, or does it depend where you are ? If anyone has any recommendations as to what might be a good one to go to in central London (in terms of efficiency, discretion etc) it would be interesting to hear

I think it depends what GUM you go to. There is a thread on this board with a list of GUMS posters have used that includes one or more in Central London. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#33 singed

singed
  • New Users
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:41

Edinburgh has a GUM clinic on Lauriston Place, which has a drop-in.

#34 partylover

partylover
  • Members
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 19:01

I'm a bit confused. So are there "drop-in" centres in the NHS, or does it depend where you are ?

If anyone has any recommendations as to what might be a good one to go to in central London (in terms of efficiency, discretion etc) it would be interesting to hear

I have used the one at Barts hospital near St Pauls which is NHS, you can either book an appoinment or just turn up and they should see you on the day. Obviously check opening times or if you turn up with 5 minutes left they might not be able to see you. I found them helpful, friendly and understanding /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#35 puntaprima

puntaprima
  • Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 23:38

Its a confidential service, so why hide any info that relates to your health.
The staff at GUM clinics can only help or test you correctly if they have the full facts about your sexual habits.
The NHS clinic in MK is very good and the staff are helpful, friendly and non-judgemental. They even offer Free HEP B vaccinations to punters,
so it can save you money on buying a course yourself [so you can spend it on a punt instead] /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
NOT just try to saying the right thing without thinking of the consequesnes as so many on here do !!!!

#36 cool

cool
  • New Users
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:23

i have said to paid for sex.

#37 bolp

bolp
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 22:00

Holy Jeebus....the idea of having to visit GUM clinics, fill in forms, lie about who you been with along with the anxiety of waiting for results, that must really put people of sex.

#38 smiths

smiths
  • Members
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 15:06

Holy Jeebus....the idea of having to visit GUM clinics, fill in forms, lie about who you been with along with the anxiety of waiting for results, that must really put people of sex.

It doesnt put me off sex at all, i also dont lie about who i have been shagging, i always say WGs, they have heard it all before.

#39 down

down
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:52

My Hooker tells the doctor she is a hooker so dont see much of a problem if i was to tell them

#40 Convince Me

Convince Me
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 19:40

but what was truly un nerving was the fact the female doctor was stunning and I had just confessed to paying for sex.

The same happened to me. She must of been all of 26, 5'10, blonde, just think of Claudia Schiffer & you're close to the mark. I had no problem getting the tool out, however, I was busting for a pi**. For the life of me my manhood was just so small as I could not get any blood into it I felt a little embarrassed & wish I could of impressed her as I'm quite fortunate to be well endowed.

On a return visit I get a gay Dr & ugly student doc.

Slightly off topic, should a punter who knows he has contracted from a working girl inform her? How would you feel as a punter to recieve a text - email from a girl informing you a visit to the GUM might be beneficial!

#41 down

down
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 21:37

Is sleeping with hookers a good enough reason to go to your GUM Clinic even if your feeling OK?

#42 down

down
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:32

Thats the easy part before she sticks a swab in your japs eye while you still have a full bladder for the urine tests...

that sounds nasty what do they do this for? and what is a Swab in your Japs Eye:?

#43 Overworked

Overworked
  • Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 18:57

that sounds nasty what do they do this for? and what is a Swab in your Japs Eye:?

I guess for tests for syphilis or some STD... I hope she not doing it for fun /eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' />

They do a couple of swabs. They're like very thin long cotten buds or q-tips. They swab the back of your throat (Try not to end up coughing in her face), then wipe it on a test plate, then you have to drop your trousers, get your cock out, lie back on a bed and shes puts another swab around the hole at the tip of your penis... (Im usually staring at the ceiling thinking of Top Gear or staring around thinking "what kind of disgusting stuff might be in that big yellow used swab and needle bucket? What if you fell and put your hand in it?) but I dont think she goes in far....

All this must be done before a urine sample so your also trying not to pee and fire that swab out like a bullet (Although there are holes in my clinics ceiling. I wonder how they were made?)

#44 down

down
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 20:36

I guess for tests for syphilis or some STD... I hope she not doing it for fun /eek.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':eek:' />

They do a couple of swabs. They're like very thin long cotten buds or q-tips. They swab the back of your throat (Try not to end up coughing in her face), then wipe it on a test plate, then you have to drop your trousers, get your cock out, lie back on a bed and shes puts another swab around the hole at the tip of your penis... (Im usually staring at the ceiling thinking of Top Gear or staring around thinking "what kind of disgusting stuff might be in that big yellow used swab and needle bucket? What if you fell and put your hand in it?) but I dont think she goes in far....

All this must be done before a urine sample so your also trying not to pee and fire that swab out like a bullet (Although there are holes in my clinics ceiling. I wonder how they were made?)

shit does any of this hurt?

#45 Overworked

Overworked
  • Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 23:01

shit does any of this hurt?

Its very uncomfortable yes, but doesnt really hurt.... few seconds and its over...

But if you want to be a responsible punter and be safe to yourself and those you see. you got to do it....

#46 down

down
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:04

Its very uncomfortable yes, but doesnt really hurt.... few seconds and its over...

But if you want to be a responsible punter and be safe to yourself and those you see. you got to do it....

how often should you go?

Edited by down, 29 April 2012 - 07:04.

#47 Overworked

Overworked
  • Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:30

how often should you go?

Would depend on how often your punting. If you seeing a new girl a week you obviously need to go alot more regularly (every couple of months) than if you only see one girl every 6 months.

Personally, since Im usually seeing the same girl who obviouslly gets regular checkups and gets the all clear ( if Ive only seen her since my last checkup and shes still getting the all clear its unlikley that Id have pickup something) but if I occasionally see the odd other girl, its usually around 5 or 6 months between checkups.

#48 smiths

smiths
  • Members
  • 17,189 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:44

how often should you go?

I go quartely and have been doing so for a long time.

#49 Lara

Lara
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 16:21

They use blood to test for Syphilis, HIV & Hepatitis.

The swabs are for the symptomatic, or high-risk, and are for Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia & Trichonomas.

I tell the Drs & Nurses, I only lie to them about my drinking!

#50 Orion

Orion
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 18:48

So, just to clarify, is being offered the hep B jab the only difference between a regular GUM check up and one where you also disclose that you see WGs?