Is Cctv Evidence Enough To Press Charges

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:20

I recently went down to my local rld and picked up a lovely lass .a few hours later i returned home to a phone call from the police,saying they need me to go in and speak to them.when i asked what it was about,they said it was to do with this certain road,that i had picked this girl up from. and that they had plenty of cctv in that area.
I have to go in to the police station in a few days,and was wondering if anyone knows what i should be expecting?

#2 Irgendeiner

Irgendeiner
  • Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:11

Forgive me for telling you that which you already know!

In Anglo-England it is for the prosecutor to prove his case. If you watch CrimeStoppers I imagine that you'll be puzzled by the low quality, grainy images taken from CCTV.

Ask the magic question, "Am I under arrest?" If the answer is "yes", then PACE clicks into action, and you should ask to see a solicitor, and while you are waiting for him, copy of the relevant code, to read it cover to cover. Some coppers hint, out of the microphone's reach, that only guilty bastards need a solicitor! Wrong! The solicitor can ask, quite directly, "So what have you got on him?", and they need to come up with the goods. If they have nothing but your car in the RLD, then I'd be surprised if you have anything to say atall! If they do have clear images of (what looks like) a woman getting into your car in the RLD, you may, particularly if they have identified the woman as a WG, and she has form, need to say something.

My best guess is that they have nothing more than your VRN, but that they are going to lean on you, fatherly, like. They may offer you a caution. Think seven times, at least, before accepting this. Accepting a caution admits "the offence", and will go on your record. While I can't see any reason why a man who discharges his needs with an adult freely consenting WG is unfit to be a schoolie, work in an old folks home, etc., etc., the thought police seem to!

There are, in some police districts "Good Behaviour Contracts" - you have sensibly not indicated where you live, so I have no idea whether your fuzz go in for this sort of idea. These seem to rank below a caution, but still, I guess, will be recorded.

It may cost you a little more in the short term, but I'd seriously suggest that you let the Police frighten you a little, and, in future that you avail yourself of the search facilities on this site's field reports section, and go for independant indoor ladies. Steer very clear of RLDs in future!

#3 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:33

My local force wouldn't have the man-power to investigate a simple case of kerbcrawling in the manner that you suggest. They certainly wouldn't go to the bother of telephoning people at home "a few hours later" based on some grainy CCTV evidence. I suspect that they may be investigating something more serious.

If it were me I'd:

1. Not go to the police station unless I knew exactly what crime they were investigating.

2. If arrested for soliciting, go "No comment" all the way. They have nothing.

3. They should only offer you a Simple Caution if you admit guilt. Don't admit guilt and don't accept a Caution.

4. As Irgendeiner says, steer clear of the RLD and street-girls.

#4 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 15:07

Well done for having the good sense to come here for advice. I am not sure whether saafe has any worthwhile advice for you but I am sure that someone will advise. Good luck.
We don't stop playing because we grow old

We grow old because we stop playing

#5 Joe Blob

Joe Blob
  • Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 19:54

Just a thought. Are you certain the call was from the police? Could it be a wind up?

Phoning you up to ask you to come in without having any previous contact with you seems very a strange procedure for what is an arrestable offence.

Edited by Joe Blob, 18 November 2011 - 19:54.

If you're not part of the solution, you're a precipitate.

#6 Strawberry

Strawberry
  • Members
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:03

It's illegal, full stop for both girl and guy.

I also keep explaining this to the enquiries I get about car meets, but appears some ladies on certain sites do work that way.

It's common sense.

#7 JKay

JKay
  • Moderators
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:46

I would advise everyone to read up on this subject then you will realise why the topic is banned on PN. The OP asked a genuine question that this forum may have been able to give some advice on or at least how to go about getting advice. There is no substitute for qualified legal opinion.
Any replies that do not strictly address the problem will be removed and a warning given, this includes advice on how to streetwalk or get around the law.

Do you understand just how many punters Soho girls need to have sex with just to pay for the room rent?  wake up punters! Help starts with you.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pLgJ7pk0X-s                                                                 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_BkI3zKX1vc

http://www.youtube.c...6658040BF037A91

"I am Spartacus!"

"I was born with nothing, and still got most of it left"

"It's like paid sex meets Torchwood." Laura Lee

#8 sparkstar

sparkstar
  • Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 17:00

You went curb crawling? haha, im surprised anyone still does that these days since the internet became so popular.

In the main cities of the UK, CCTV is literally everywhere, lseriously every road and corner is covered with visible and hidden cameras. I should know, ive been in the Birmingham CCTV control office, the cameras are amazing... on Broad Street on a friday night a camera quite high up on some building zoomed all the way into this womans face, the guy controllng the camera was trying to aim in on her eye to show off how good the camera was but her slight movement while standing still was too much.

#9 fatbloke

fatbloke
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:55

Any update on this? Have you seen plod?

#10 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:10

Any update on this? Have you seen plod?

Yes, I think a few of us would be interested in how the OP is faring.

#11 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:58

Yes,i have been.they have my car on cctv,and a wg getting into it.i was taped under caution,and i no commented all the way.they said they had no option but to charge me.but had a few more enquiries to make. well got a call this morning telling me i need to go back in tomorrow,as they have new evidence.. and if i didn't turn up,they would come and nick me.

#12 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 15:08

If any of this happened (which I seriously doubt) then you should now be seeking legal advice. If I were your solicitor I'd be advising you not to post any more on this thread.

None of it rings true with me though.

#13 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 15:54

well i can tell you it is all true,i am relaying the facts to you.and i will wait to see what they say tomorrow before seeking legal advice. probably the wrong thing to do, but i wonder if they are just trying to scare me into confession.
seems bizzarre to me the lengths and time they are going to for what i would call a small incident.

#14 JKay

JKay
  • Moderators
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 17:12

well i can tell you it is all true,i am relaying the facts to you.and i will wait to see what they say tomorrow before seeking legal advice. probably the wrong thing to do, but i wonder if they are just trying to scare me into confession.
seems bizzarre to me the lengths and time they are going to for what i would call a small incident.

I'm sorry but its not a "small incident" the law is clear and I strongly advise that you take a good solicitor with you on you next visit to the Police.

Do you understand just how many punters Soho girls need to have sex with just to pay for the room rent?  wake up punters! Help starts with you.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=pLgJ7pk0X-s                                                                 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_BkI3zKX1vc

http://www.youtube.c...6658040BF037A91

"I am Spartacus!"

"I was born with nothing, and still got most of it left"

"It's like paid sex meets Torchwood." Laura Lee

#15 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 19:15

I'm sorry but its not a "small incident" the law is clear and I strongly advise that you take a good solicitor with you on you next visit to the Police.

in my opinion it is relatively small. when you compare it to the other things the police could be spending their time looking into.

#16 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:37

in my opinion it is relatively small. when you compare it to the other things the police could be spending their time looking into.

It may be relatively small to you right now, but in a few days it could be MASSIVELY BIG to you, when you have to appear in court, sign on the sex offenders register etc. It will fuck up your prospects of getting a job in a great many sectors. This has the potential to screw you up for years. For God's sake get a solicitor.

#17 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:07

It may be relatively small to you right now, but in a few days it could be MASSIVELY BIG to you, when you have to appear in court, sign on the sex offenders register etc. It will fuck up your prospects of getting a job in a great many sectors. This has the potential to screw you up for years. For God's sake get a solicitor.

Just one small point. Only those prostitution related offences involving children or those with a mental disorder, are subject to the notification requirements of the Violent and Sex Offender Register (ViSOR) scheme .

#18 fatbloke

fatbloke
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:16

In the scheme of things it does seem a waste of police resources but obviously I don't know where you were seen, was it an area where prossies are causing a nuisance to residents, or an industrial area? i suppose that may have a bearing on how they regard the offence. I agree with others, if they are threatening to nick you then you need to go to the station with a solicitor.
Please keep us posted when appropriate though, I'm sure people would like to know what happens.

Edited by fatbloke, 07 December 2011 - 12:17.

#19 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 17:01

Just one small point. Only those prostitution related offences involving children or those with a mental disorder, are subject to the notification requirements of the Violent and Sex Offender Register (ViSOR) scheme .

Thanks for the clarification Silverado. P

#20 BigBen

BigBen
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:50

Any news?
'Always Look On The Bright Side . . . . .' {di-dum; di-dum-di-dum-di-dum}

#21 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:14

The wg gave the police a full statement.so i held my hands up and admitted the offence. still waiting to hear what will happen, but told that i would likely have to go on a course. will let you all know as soon as i have been informed.

#22 indigoblue

indigoblue
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 22:28

The wg gave the police a full statement.

The cynic in me wonders if she did (as well as what it said) or if the police interviewing just told you she had.

#23 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:04

they read me the statement that she wrote.

#24 nanaman

nanaman
  • New Users
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 18:25

Got the phone call earlier from the police, i have to go in for my caution in a few weeks, and attend a course,which will cost me £200
I would like to thank you all for your advice given

#25 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 21:19

Got the phone call earlier from the police, i have to go in for my caution in a few weeks, and attend a course,which will cost me £200
I would like to thank you all for your advice given

Will your name be recorded on any police records?

#26 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 21:29

Will your name be recorded on any police records?

A caution (whether simple or conditional) whilst not a conviction forms part of your criminal record and remains on your record until your 100th birthday. It will be revealed on any CRB check.

If you're in a Category 1 Notifiable Occupation (eg the police, the law, tax driver ) then it will be disclosed to your employer or regulatory body. If you're in Category 2 (eg a BT employee or bingo caller) then it "may" be disclosed.

#27 tradesmanentrance

tradesmanentrance
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 00:34

Having just read this... I am amazed that the police are using CCTV in this way. I think it may have been a mistake to take the caution. What did your solicitor advise? I doubt the police would have gone to court with it as it would have been near impossible to prove you were soliciting the lady.

Very shocked.

#28 Jimmyredcab

Jimmyredcab
  • Members
  • 9,430 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:51

It's illegal, full stop for both girl and guy.

I also keep explaining this to the enquiries I get about car meets, but appears some ladies on certain sites do work that way.

Car meets are totally different to kerb crawling, for starters it is unlikely the meet would be in a RLD ----------- not that I advise girls to offer car meets as they are risky from a security aspect.

#29 Irgendeiner

Irgendeiner
  • Members
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:41

The cynic in me wonders if she did (as well as what it said) or if the police interviewing just told you she had.

My cynic is certainly there too - and while the police, doubtless, read something to you, has it occurred to you that she'd have been very unlikely to have come to court and given evidence against you?

While it is certainly the case that it is a hard life being a solicitor, and that we need all the clients we can get, it really was a mistake not to get legal advice before seeing the police, and not (as I understand it) having a solicitor with you at each police interview.

Edited by Irgendeiner, 01 February 2012 - 12:41.

#30 porker paul

porker paul
  • Members
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 14:26

My cynic is certainly there too - and while the police, doubtless, read something to you, has it occurred to you that she'd have been very unlikely to have come to court and given evidence against you?

While it is certainly the case that it is a hard life being a solicitor, and that we need all the clients we can get, it really was a mistake not to get legal advice before seeing the police, and not (as I understand it) having a solicitor with you at each police interview.

Spoken like a legal eagle, but all cynicism aside, the OP was totally stupid not to get himself some legal advice at day 1. £300 spent at the outset could have prevented any number of sleepless nights, I would imagine.