Police Raid. What Happens?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 widdlewilly

widdlewilly
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:10

Self explanatory title really, but I've often wondered what really happens on a bust, both to the punters and the girls. Always thought that parlours would have had "advance warnings" myself and my biggest fear about being caught is just how discrete are the plod with the punters in relation to their families?

#2 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:21

There are several similar threads in the Legalities and Legislation section, including:

http://www.punternet...your-inside-it/

http://www.punternet...here-is-a-raid/

http://www.punternet...advice-request/

I imagine that this thread will soon be moved to the Legalities section.

#3 widdlewilly

widdlewilly
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:27

Thanks for that. Not one of my point of calls the Legalities section, but of course it makes sense, duh.

#4 smiths

smiths
  • Members
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 17:28

Self explanatory title really, but I've often wondered what really happens on a bust, both to the punters and the girls. Always thought that parlours would have had "advance warnings" myself and my biggest fear about being caught is just how discrete are the plod with the punters in relation to their families?

Edited following Silverados links.

Edited by smiths, 23 April 2012 - 17:31.

#5 Chasfas

Chasfas
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 16:53

First thing that happens is that your hard on disappears!

Usually raids are to check if girls are claiming benefits so police are accompanying DWP people, they take the girls out of the room, interview them and if they are OK you get them back but unlikely to be able to re-perform, really off putting, shouldn't be allowed mid-fuck!

#6 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 17:42

Usually raids are to check if girls are claiming benefits so police are accompanying DWP people, they take the girls out of the room, interview them and if they are OK you get them back but unlikely to be able to re-perform......

It's not the case that raids are usually about benefits. Yes, sometimes other agencies will attend (eg. DWP, HMRC & UKBA) but usually brothels are raided on the grounds of brothel keeping (s.33A SOA 1956). The police aren't going to raid brothels to catch benefit cheats. They'll leave that to DWP.

If a punter is extremely unfortunate to be caught up in a raid then usually he'll be asked to get dressed and leave. Sometimes he may be asked to give his name and address. It's quite common now for the police to issue a temporary closure notice under s.136B SOA 2003.

I think it unlikely that the police are going to be happy to allow punters to remain on the premises for the sole purposes of resuming activities once the police have finished questioning everyone and searching the premises.

Edited by Silverado, 27 April 2012 - 17:53.

#7 Coventrypunter

Coventrypunter
  • Members
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 17:45

the thing that gets plod over excited is drugs. So make sure you leave your stash in the car with your wallet and phone.

#8 Chasfas

Chasfas
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:11

The police aren't going to raid brothels to catch benefit cheats. They'll leave that to DWP.

Not the case, the only raid I've been caught in was DWP staff accompanied by police.

#9 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 17:36

Not the case, the only raid I've been caught in was DWP staff accompanied by police.

No. The police are accompanied by other agencies, and not vice-versa.

Authorised DWP staff have very limited powers under the Social Security Administration Act 1992 (as amended). They don't have the power to raid brothels, with or without the police. All they can do is tag along with the police. DWP can't obtain a section 8 search warrant. The police would have to do that.

The police would not raid a brothel so that the DWP can check if the girls are claiming benefits. The police need reasonable grounds of suspicion under PACE 1984 and are not in the habit of raiding brothels just so that the DWP can check the girls benefits status. They just don't have the man-power.

As previously stated, it is definitely not the case that "usually raids are to check if girls are claiming benefits..".

#10 smoothballs

smoothballs
  • Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 13:30

buntys and the wonderlounge which are sister parlours were both raided yesterday in the greater manchester area.

#11 smiths

smiths
  • Members
  • 17,162 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 15:19

buntys and the wonderlounge which are sister parlours were both raided yesterday in the greater manchester area.

Yes, i have heard this, been operating for sometime i understand so why now raided is the question.

#12 starman

starman
  • Members
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 16:24

Yes, i have heard this, been operating for sometime i understand so why now raided is the question.

it was raided a couple years ago, supposed to be a drugs raid and they didn't find anything.

#13 Coventrypunter

Coventrypunter
  • Members
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 16:37

it was raided a couple years ago, supposed to be a drugs raid and they didn't find anything.

fishing more like

#14 down

down
  • Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 16:42

is there a news link about this recent one? would love to read the story?

#15 mega

mega
  • Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 22:22

is there a news link about this recent one? would love to read the story?

There is a thread on the lbb - apparently the customers were also arrested and carted off to the Police station.

http://www.thelbb.co...p?topic=67713.0

#16 starman

starman
  • Members
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 18:20

seems like business as usual again /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#17 youveryniceman

youveryniceman
  • Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 19:14

what would they be arrested for? seems strange if its open again.
have put this question on gmp facebook page,be keen to see their answer!

#18 Silverado

Silverado
  • Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 19:29

what would they be arrested for? seems strange if its open again.
have put this question on gmp facebook page,be keen to see their answer!

It's far from clear what actually happened. One poster on LBB said that he'd heard that 16 people (including customers) had been arrested, but that allegation has neither been confirmed nor denied. Personally, until I hear something from someone in the know then I'm inclined to treat the allegation with a pinch of salt.

#19 starman

starman
  • Members
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:47

It's far from clear what actually happened. One poster on LBB said that he'd heard that 16 people (including customers) had been arrested, but that allegation has neither been confirmed nor denied. Personally, until I hear something from someone in the know then I'm inclined to treat the allegation with a pinch of salt.

16 Arrested would have been big news and there's no mentioning under http://www.gmp.polic.../pages/news.htm
Could just as well have been an informal meeting down at the station.