nntt

Gifts and Tipping Etiquette

62 posts in this topic

In a recent field report I read a gent took a gift to a lady he was visiting (I think I recall on his first visit). In addition I've read other reports where tips were offered.

I just wondered is there any set etiquette on taking gifts or giving tips? Guys what do you do and girls how do you react to this, or what are your expectations?

To me it would seem this is only something you do if you see a lady several times?

Not something I've ever done myself.

I've taken a bottle along if that could be classed a gift ?

My opinion is I'm already paying a lot of money, for a service,

if she is good then my gift would be to return and give her my repeat buisness.

It's been said on here numerous times, you wouldn't tip a builder or a plumber for plying their trade would you ?

Having said that I understand why guys who have seen a lady a number of times would want to give gifts, but on a first visit I think it's too full on.

if she is good then my gift would be to return .

Gods gift? ;)

Gifts/tips never expected always appreciated.......you do pay alot of money so no need to tip, but if there is someone you like then why the hell not?

S x

Gods gift? ;)

Gifts/tips never expected always appreciated.......you do pay alot of money so no need to tip, but if there is someone you like then why the hell not?

S x

Lol.....

I wouldn't want to be selfish now, would I ? :(

Taking gifts is considered a faux pas by most girls as it is a clear indicator that the guy has failed to understand the fundamental principles that underpin the punter-WG relationships. If you don’t believe me, ask any WG: there is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that stalkers always start off by bringing gifts. Before you know it, they're stealing ashtrays and other mementos.

Taking gifts is considered a faux pas by most girls as it is a clear indicator that the guy has failed to understand the fundamental principles that underpin the punter-WG relationships. If you don't believe me, ask any WG: there is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that stalkers always start off by bringing gifts. Before you know it, they're stealing ashtrays and other mementos.

Panty thieves! NEVER leave a laundry basket in your bedroom/bathroom!

S x

Taking gifts is considered a faux pas by most girls as it is a clear indicator that the guy has failed to understand the fundamental principles that underpin the punter-WG relationships. If you don't believe me, ask any WG: there is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that stalkers always start off by bringing gifts. Before you know it, they're stealing ashtrays and other mementos.

Mm,not sure i agree there. If a client brings me a gift i see it as either him trying to be a gentleman and make a good first impression or him showing a little appreciation for past liasons. It has never once occured to me that he may be a stalker in the making.

I think most girls and guys understand that its a gift from a valued client to a valued pleasure provider, nothing more, very much appreciated though as even a tiny possie or a single flower makes you feel so happy. As was already said though, we do charge a lot so a gift is never ever expected.xx

I've always been concerned about taking a gift to a punt as I wouldn't want it to be misconstrued as something else, a trojan horse if you like.

As for tipping, I have never tipped, not even a waitress. Why should I give extra money for something they should already be doing in the first place.

Gifts are never expected and always very welcome. I've had everything from a framed picture of a steam train ( ;) ) to home baking ( yum ), to candles or choccies.

I would never read anything sinister into it. :(

Seconding 'never expected always appreciated'. I have had tips a couple of times - once quite a large one from a gentleman who insisted that I was charging far too little (my rates are pretty standard for the area). I've been brought chocolate and wine a whole bunch of times, which is very nice. But I don't at all mind if I don't get those things - as has been said, I'm already being paid very well for a service.

As for tipping, I have never tipped, not even a waitress. Why should I give extra money for something they should already be doing in the first place.

If you return to the same restaurant, don't expect the same level of service though. The waitress will obviously be more attentive to those who do (or are likely to) tip.

As I work in the service industry myself, I practice what I preach, and I tip others as well, especially where I'm a regular customer.

Barber - they cut my hair, I'm more likely to get a better job, and he'll take more time over it.

My local car wash - they obviously going to take more time washing my car, and do other little "extras" they won't usually do to another non-tipping customer i.e. give me a free air freshener, polish the inside of the windows even if I don't ask them to etc.

Valet parking - more likely to look after your car, less likely to scratch it, probably park it near the entrance/exit, so when you come back, the car be with you quicker.

Waitress/Waiters - Tip them at the start of your meal and they will look after you. You never know, they may not charge you for the coffee at the end of your meal.

Doormen/Chauffeurs - Maybe (or more likely) a free upgrade to a better room/car next time you book?

Generally, you do get your money's worth if you tip and are a regular customer. I'm sure WGs are more likely to offer a better service to regular tippers?

In a recent field report I read a gent took a gift to a lady he was visiting (I think I recall on his first visit). In addition I've read other reports where tips were offered.

I just wondered is there any set etiquette on taking gifts or giving tips? Guys what do you do and girls how do you react to this, or what are your expectations?

To me it would seem this is only something you do if you see a lady several times?

Anice gesture is lovely, whether it be flower/s, chocolates.......it is not expected and is very nice when it happens!

I got a surprise the other day when I opened the door to a guy I never met before who brought chocolates and cupcakes :( it was nice and to top it off he was a very pleasant chap lol :D;) thank-you xxx

Anice gesture is lovely, whether it be flower/s, chocolates.......it is not expected and is very nice when it happens!

I got a surprise the other day when I opened the door to a guy I never met before who brought chocolates and cupcakes :D it was nice and to top it off he was a very pleasant chap lol :D;) thank-you xxx

I remember taking flowers to a girl once, she called me to the bedroom where she laid starkers, legs akimbo. I asked "What is this for?"

She said "The flowers"

I said "Blimey, haven't you got a vase?"

I still reckon if I'd played my cards right I would have been alright there. :(:P

I remember taking flowers to a girl once, she called me to the bedroom where she laid starkers, legs akimbo. I asked "What is this for?"

She said "The flowers"

I said "Blimey, haven't you got a vase?"

I still reckon if I'd played my cards right I would have been alright there. :(:P

LOL Mr Atio ;):P xxx

I don't mind giving ladies tips occasionally.

"That would feel so much nicer if you didn't use your teeth," being one if them.

It has to be The Flying Scotsman surely?

Quite honestly I can't remember, but I did find the symbolism of the majestic construction emerging triumphantly from the tunnel to be chortle worthy. ;)

I never expect gifts or tips but when received are always welcome ;)

I've had the usual - chocs, wine, flowers etc - as well as some grander gifts. In my old apartment I used to leave a collection of books and geeky magazines out in the bedroom for clients to peruse whilst I fixed them a drink. The next time I saw a regular he had bought me a small collection of limited edition novels by my favourite author. I was really touched and it opened up a whole new level to our relationship.

I definitely agree about leaving tips for service industries. Having worked in such jobs, I can vouch that it really would make my day when a customer tipped me.

Gifts work both ways though and as well as those I have recieved, I've given clients small gifts too, be it a CD or a good bottle of wine.

I have on occassion simply said 'keep the change' just £5 or £10.. especially after a good punt........ never had a girl refuse..lol

In my opinion WG's deserve every penny they earn and do a great job...

I often read the ladies on here stating they charge what they are worth. Tipping, to me, would seem awfully kitsch.

I would contemplate a gift, but not a cheesey one, I'd also be slightly concerned with coming across stalkerish or seeming like I'd developed an inappropraite crush.

I never see the same girl twice and I do tip (maybe £10 or £20). Sometimes they provide extra services without asking or just make you feel special.;) I mostly see parlour girls and hopefully they don't have to share it with the house.

I always take a little gift to every lady I see, like some chocolate & a bottle of wine. For me its just a little extra token on my appreciation for the service that the lady is offering. So far I believe all have accepted this little extra in the spirit that it was offered.

Cheers

AL

I have never tipped. I only see indies and agree the price beforehand. Somehow a tip seems superfluous.

If it's a first meeting I won't usually take a gift unless tipped off on her website/in her profile. The exception is on a hot summer's day where I will often take a bottle of wine (especially rose).

If I know the WG I may well take chocolates, favoured tipple or book or iTunes tokens (if she is into her reading or music).

I just wondered is there any set etiquette on taking gifts or giving tips?

15% should cover it, ;)