Mandrake

McCoys Guide

54 posts in this topic

As a relatively new punter, I have heard of, but know very little about McCoys Guide ..... would appeciate any comments from both sides on it's usefulness before splashing out.

There's been discussions about McCoy & his guide before.

Really why use & pay for such a thing when PN and other sites provide a far superior resource and in the main free of charge,

I think many find George McCoy and his methods distatsteful at best.

As a relatively new punter, I have heard of, but know very little about McCoys Guide ..... would appeciate any comments from both sides on it's usefulness before splashing out.

What are the both sides you refer to? For & against, or punters & WGs? Either way, I dare to suggest the replies on here will be unrepresentative, partly cos of the self-selecting nature of any forum . . . but FWIW . . .

Short answer: against - don't contribute by buying it - tho a s/h or free copy will satisfy curiosity. Don't take too much notice of the listings and ratings.

Disclaimer: I live in Edinburgh, where Mr McCoy has a particularly vile reputation. Friends that have met him in other parts of the country have also described why they feel his is a scumbag.

On the other hand, he does occasionally attempt to make a limited contribution in the media or more recently his so-called guide to election candidates.

(I cannot share Phil's opinion of PN providing a superior resource but that again is influenced by my location to an extent rather than a general reflection)

yes he does seem to hav a bad rep here tho i think lss sold the guide a while back.to the op;dont waste ur money on it.pnt is a good resourse helped me a fair bit making the jump from private flats to saunas.alot of good people on this site.

I was contacted by McCoy to meet up, was pretty much when I was not working at the time so never replied, next thing I know he sends another email saying he has added me and gave me a pass and login etc to view, I went on and he had given me full stars without ever meeting, was nice of him but at the same time it tells me that the rating system etc is to be taken with a pinch of salt, after all how can you review someone without ever meeting them?

I have heard stories of him asking girls and parlours for freebies for a listing and also heard of him wanting nothing more than a cup of coffee....

S x

I purchased the guide a few years ago, as mentioned, you will find far more inforamtion on this site and others like it. What did worry me was about a month ago, i received a unsoliceted mailshot form them, which only by luck i intercepted before anyone else.

the rumour was he used to get free punts in exchange for write ups in his book. i saw him once in babes in manchester many yrs ago with his flat cap.

i suppose before the net it was ok but things change so fast at most parlours the book is out of date overnight.

SS used to have a sign saying McCoy free zone :confused:

Looks like I shouldn't bother....

Thanks Punternet!

Enough has been said - the free punt tactic upset many ........

From what i have heard he is a slime ball. I am in one of his books but i can happily live without being in another one.x

From what i have heard he is a slime ball.

I wonder what your response would be if someone said the same about you.

George has contacted me several times and I have appeared in his magazines free of charge and made good money off the back of them.

George McCoy is no armchair punter and if the truth be told he probably has met and visited more prostitutes and parlors than any man I know. He is still in buisness competing with free internet sites, no small task. So it may be worth considering why this is. He is still actively involved in bringing prostitution into the 21st century and such efforts as

http://www.sexlawsandmps.com/

were all his hand.

I have never given George anything not even a cup of coffee. His star ratings are a combination of his own members and reviews from other sites, as much as he would love to personally vet every entry in his reviews it just is not possible even for an old dog like George.

Love him or hate him gossip is best left to those that can only gossip. Exchanging of information should be kept to the facts.

I have to admit pre-internet, I bought a copy from the man himself, signed by him.

But, since the advent of the internet, I have found this site to be a much more up to date, in two senses of the expression, and interactive way of finding out tips on hot fillies.

I threw his signed copy away when I found out about the freebies.

George has contacted me several times and I have appeared in his magazines free of charge and made good money off the back of them.

George McCoy is no armchair punter and if the truth be told he probably has met and visited more prostitutes and parlors than any man I know. He is still in buisness competing with free internet sites, no small task. So it may be worth considering why this is. He is still actively involved in bringing prostitution into the 21st century and such efforts as

were all his hand.

I have never given George anything not even a cup of coffee. His star ratings are a combination of his own members and reviews from other sites, as much as he would love to personally vet every entry in his reviews it just is not possible even for an old dog like George.

Love him or hate him gossip is best left to those that can only gossip. Exchanging of information should be kept to the facts.

I've met him a few times and found him to be wholly decent. He has a view that, like the Queen, replying to unfounded criticism is counter productive. He is straight-forward as a punter.

Most punters don't seem to like him, I wonder why.......perhaps it's because of his ability to sustain himself with, at times, 3 or 4 wgs a day.

I've never met GM so I can't comment about him.

In 2007 I did pay for a years online subscription to his guide. As part of the deal I also received a free copy of his book.

The online guide was totally out of date, and rarely altered during the year that I had access.

The book was even more out of date.

My verdict: a complete waste of money. Not recommended.

were all his hand.

How many posts do you think there would be in this thread if they did that?

A thumbs up to this post though. I have visited a couple of places recommended by it, Club Classique being one of them. Did exactly what it said on the tin. I don't know of any other resource that offers such a systematic and comprehensive breakdown of info. It must have taken a lot of effort to compile that and certainly does not deserve some of the reckless and speculative disregard served up here.

I'm delighted that the varied posts managed to tell the OP what he wanted to know - from both sides. I only know first hand of the venom he elicits from many Edinburgh WGs, although I'd seen the politics page as I said. Nice to hear someone's got a good word to say about the bastard. Oh, ok, 'punter.'

Ghenhis - I suggest you close this topic down before it gets out of hand ?

I have to admit pre-internet, I bought a copy from the man himself, signed by him.

I can beat you there! Even further back in time, I spent 5/- (and that was a lot of money then) on a copy of the "Ladies Directory" which cost the publisher, one George Frederick Shaw, six months inside on a charge of conspiracy (with himself, I think??) to corrupt public morals!

What I want to know is if George McCoy is any good in bed?

How many out of ten?

were all his hand.

If he said that about me i really wouldnt give a damn. I have heard from others that he has demanded free appointments etc or services in return for getting in his book. My comment was neither gossip or fact if you notice, it was an opinion.

I came second place to a crackhead in his book, she swallowed and did bb, yes, you are right, he is a pillar of our community and should be held aloft.

My opinion, which is only my opinion, has been formed from hearing what other ladies have had to say in the past who have encountered him. His book may have once been important in the punting world but lets face it, offers of good reviews for incentives have happened. Perhaps if i met him one day i might change my opinion, maybe i wouldnt who gives a damn.xx

But, since the advent of the internet, I have found this site to be a much more up to date, in two senses of the expression, and interactive way of finding out tips on hot fillies.

I threw his signed copy away when I found out about the freebies.

Freebies...perish the thought.:confused:

If he said that about me i really wouldnt give a damn.

I have heard from others that he has demanded free appointments etc or services in return for getting in his book. My comment was neither gossip or fact if you notice, it was an opinion.

I came second place to a crackhead in his book, she swallowed and did bb, yes, you are right, he is a pillar of our community and should be held aloft.

My opinion, which is only my opinion, has been formed from hearing what other ladies have had to say in the past who have encountered him. His book may have once been important in the punting world but lets face it, offers of good reviews for incentives have happened. Perhaps if i met him one day i might change my opinion, maybe i wouldnt who gives a damn.xx

Chloe by your own admission its gossip.

If you chose to form an opinion based on gossip and a bad review I can understand that.

I can beat you there! Even further back in time, I spent 5/- (and that was a lot of money then) on a copy of the "Ladies Directory" which cost the publisher, one George Frederick Shaw, six months inside on a charge of conspiracy (with himself, I think??) to corrupt public morals!

I remeber it well - my first punting guide. If I remeber rightly he was found not guilty of living off prostitution.

Ah Mr McCoy

I once wrote copy of yours

Mc (Son Off)

C (Copy)

O(Off )

Y(Yours)

An Fr I wrote long ago was more or less in his guide

"Stop you theif "

Then a young WG called Tinkerbell ( lovely Irish lass pionted out)

For those not on the www

He is there only guide

It is wrong to assume everone can use a computer

There is a place for Mr Mcoy