nntt

Low Labido

24 posts in this topic

Sensitive topic I know, I'm wondering what experiences people have with their Labido?

Has it decreased as you age, has anything had a major impact upon it, positive or negative?

I've always had issues in this regard in it being low and now it seems to have returned, which is strange for a guy I know. Then again what is the average desire, I'm not sure?

What is labido? Libido's ugly step sister? :D

Sensitive topic I know, I'm wondering what experiences people have with their Labido?

Has it decreased as you age, has anything had a major impact upon it, positive or negative?

I've always had issues in this regard in it being low and now it seems to have returned, which is strange for a guy I know. Then again what is the average desire, I'm not sure?

On a personal note, I have been thinking about seeing the doctor to lower my libido!.

I have no knowledge on the cause for the libido varying, however I am sure that the more you get - the more you want!. If you abstain for a while, then it should deminish on its own - easier said than done!!.

I think I am correct in interpreting libido as ' the level of desire for sex' as opposed to ' the level of sexual performance '. No doubt performance levels decrease somewhat for most men as they age but certainly in my case the desire for and interest in sex continues to remain as strong as ever.

Passions for all sorts of things are great and enhance one's life. Passion for sex, travel, sport , food, wine,art,friendship, success etc etc are the drivers in life and it is a shame when these diminish as they so often seem to do when people become very old. So yes, my libido is as strong as ever and although it causes me to incur all sorts of risks, I would far prefer to have it in spades rather than not !! :D

I have no knowledge on the cause for the libido varying, however I am sure that the more you get - the more you want!.

Would agree with that, only point to add is that if you have a low labido it is possible to take stimulants to help increase it (like spanish fly)... dont know about lowering it though.

A steady decline from 18 to 45, when I realised that my libido was zero. It was no longer driven by my bodily needs. That in future my libido was in the hands of my brain. That I would have to make a mental effort to be interested in sex. If I was going to wait for my body to demand sex it would never happen. So I made a conscious effort to reprogram myself and take control of my sexual desire. Which can be even more powerful because it does not get tired like a body does.

I think with a woman there is another factor that plays a part. After a disasterous relationship some 11 years ago, I determined not to have a sexual relationship again until my son had grown up. This was fine for 3 full years. Not one problem or feeling of discontent, but then... omg! I was thinking about sex 24/7. The reason I believe was due to my body wanting me to produce a baby again as my body must have been at it's physical peek or getting towards the end of it (booooo!!!!) Anyway, I did eventually listen to it as it was driving me mad and then found that the more I got the more I wanted.

Alas this was a few years back now and it seems to have stabilised. I certainly don't think about it 24/7 any more, but have a healthy appetite.

Do men get that? When their body is telling them it is time to reproduce or is it purely determined on sexual satisfaction?

Testosterone replacement therapy is the (expensive) answer... a gay friend swears by it... f*cking like a sixteen year old again. :D

B

My libido varies from day to day between wanting it now and really wanting it now and has done since I first noticed girls. It would be nice if it gave me a break once in a while.

Plenty of walks but it's not nearly as much fun as the Springer Spaniel.

During the war they used to put bromide in soldier's teas to reduce their libidos, or was that an urban myth?

Do men get that? When their body is telling them it is time to reproduce or is it purely determined on sexual satisfaction?

When younger my cock was telling me in no uncertain terms to find a willing female every day. It is testosterone based. But it controls your every thought all day long until you cum, then an hour later it starts again.

Its not same as it was for you, because I believe in women its more aimed at wanting a baby, in men its more aimed at your penis wanting to cum.

I keep talking about the penis wanting sex because that's what it is. You might be absorbed in playing tennis or reading but independently your cock decides its time for sex and nags you until you put the book down and go on the prowl.

And that's the difference after 50, unless YOU take charge of your sex drive it will evaporate. Hence testosterone replacement.

The thing is I enjoy my new and ever increasing feminine side. Tears rolling down my face in a film for the first time when I was over 60 in the film "Happy Feet". And appreciating woman for so much more than just being a receptacle.

During the war they used to put bromide in soldier's teas to reduce their libidos, or was that an urban myth?

Not a myth, true!

Tis a funny thing the old libido, personally I went through stages -

Adolescence to about 30 - anytime, any place, any where

30 -40 not really interested in sex

40 -50 started punting because I couldn't get enough

50 + (now) get the "itch" about every 3 weeks and have to get it satisfied!

Now we had our kids in the 20 to 30 period so maybe my libido dropped because I had fathered two lovely daughters but why the return when I was about 40?

A steady decline from 18 to 45, when I realised that my libido was zero. It was no longer driven by my bodily needs. That in future my libido was in the hands of my brain.

This was very interesting reading as I have also found like Lighttouch that now my Libido is not driving me but me controling it that I can now make a decision with my brains and not my balls making it for me .. If I go for a punt now its because I feel like a bit of fun and not the powerfull urge that I felt as a younger guy ..

Also .. The Bromide thing is true .. Even when I did my basic training back in the late 1970's the cookhouse guys would tell us they were told to add it in the tea .. but at 17 it was like trying to fight a forest fire with a water pistol .. never remember it making the slightest difference !

Stress, depression, alcohol intake, drugs - prescription and other, fitness can all take a toll on libido during your life.

Jonkers is an interesting question regarding fathering 2 daughters and the libido returning when they were older. Please don't take anything as being improper but I do have a theory and it's due the animal instincts of humans, and the propergating of the gene pool. When daughters go through puberty, which may tie in with you hitting 40's, - father's detect that there will be young bucks around who will be wanting to impregnate their daughters and mix with your genepool. Because females have a limited amount of opportunities to provide offspring compared to male offspring - who by the fact they only sow, not grow and produce the 'seed', have a much better chance of reproducing and at lower cost it is important that the father protect and try and ensure the best results for the next generation of Jonkers. The levels of testosterone may rise as a 'fight and protect' mechanism. This in turn could have the affect of you sort of regaining a youthfulness, bringing back your sexual prowess and your libido returning to show those young bucks who is in charge.

Does it make sense to anyone else ?

Something else I've found is that often when someone close has died humans will find they are extemely horny and crave sex immediately after the shock - usually men and some people can see it as highly inappropriate and can't understand it. I imagine a few of you on here have had the same experience but it isn't really discussed and people have mentioned it's happened to them. It's the animal instinct kicking in ordering you to reproduce as that's what makes humankind go on.

It's the animal instinct kicking in ordering you to reproduce as that's what makes humankind go on.

Too right, Ma'am! For the other side of the bed, a woman who has lost a child becomes startlingly fertile very quickly - those who fail to understand blame her for being callous, which is unfair to Darwin!

Into my 20's now, and it is higher than ever!!!!:(

The only times I have ever experienced a distinct lack of interest in sex is if I have ever been extremely stressed over something. But then, it is usually only for a few days or so.

Testosterone replacement therapy is the (expensive) answer... a gay friend swears by it... f*cking like a sixteen year old again. :(

B

Ask your GP. he will do a test and can give replacement therapy if appropriate. On NHS, so not expensive.

Into my 20's now, and it is higher than ever!!!!:(

The only times I have ever experienced a distinct lack of interest in sex is if I have ever been extremely stressed over something. But then, it is usually only for a few days or so.

Stress is supposed to depress libido, as are other health concerns.

A steady decline from 18 to 45, when I realised that my libido was zero. It was no longer driven by my bodily needs. That in future my libido was in the hands of my brain. That I would have to make a mental effort to be interested in sex. If I was going to wait for my body to demand sex it would never happen. So I made a conscious effort to reprogram myself and take control of my sexual desire. Which can be even more powerful because it does not get tired like a body does.

I can relate to this!

A case of use is or lose it.

When I gave up working for that year or so it dipped right down to the I can not be bothered stage, now I am in a sexual environment again it is gone thru the roof again! I dunno how much longer I can hold out!

S x

Ask your GP. he will do a test and can give replacement therapy if appropriate. On NHS, so not expensive.

It's not generally available on the NHS: my friend went private. :(

B

Its not same as it was for you, because I believe in women its more aimed at wanting a baby, in men its more aimed at your penis wanting to cum.

But don't they equate to the same thing - impregnation equals procreation ?