Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Viz

Is it really necessary to keep closing threads...

5 posts in this topic

...for the least little reason? Instead would it not be better to take a more measured approach by perhaps deleting the offending posts and issuing a warning to keep it on track?

Not trying to tell the mods how to do their job here but sometimes it seems like overkill.:(

...for the least little reason? Instead would it not be better to take a more measured approach by perhaps deleting the offending posts and issuing a warning to keep it on track?

Not trying to tell the mods how to do their job here but sometimes it seems like overkill.:eek:

How long do you think before this gets closed ? :(

Not trying to tell the mods how to do their job here but sometimes it seems like overkill.:(

yep it sound like your telling the mods how to do their job...

Where do u think this thread wil get you? what will it achieve? Very little, its just asking for another argument. If you were that bothered you would have pm'd a mod - do u not think that would have been more sensible?? To be honest, its a blooy stupid question, most of us realise why some threads are curbed.

If u don't like the way mods are then you know what to do...

Not trying to tell the mods how to do their job here but sometimes it seems like overkill.:eek:

Usually they give a reason...............and usually by the time it's closed it's become a bore anyway.

...........and if they tried to delete just the offending posts?...............that wouldn't work because those posts get intertwined with all the responses that quote said comment. A nightmare.

Where I think you have a point is on the occasion where a thread seems to get closed for no reason.

I think it's a valid question you ask BTW.

My own view is that it'll never be perfect. Mods are human......and being human they will allow touting and all the other nonsense that seems to get through if it comes from people they 'like'.:(

Thank you Viz for your words of wisdom, especially since you were a small part of that little bit of prodding/bullying last night. We are not on here 24/7 and the thread I closed was getting out of hand. So the thread gets closed to get everybody to calm down. Really is quite simple.

I could give out some warnings if you like? But then comments like 'censorship like China' would be thrown out immediately.

And guess what, this thread is closed!