highland stormcock

cast your vote

10 posts in this topic

Gosh! Common sense from the mouth of an elected politician! What is the world coming to?

Historically, many politicians shy away from anything too contentious. It is interesting, though, that the voting is 80/20 in favour as I type.

I thought prostitution wasn't illegal??

Historically, many politicians shy away from anything too contentious. It is interesting, though, that the voting is 80/20 in favour as I type.

It would be nice if this reflected the wider society's view... but I suspect it actually is more of a reflection of the relative readerships of punternet vs the bolton news... just wait till mumsnet gets wind of it, then it'll swing the other way :)

It would be nice if this reflected the wider society's view... but I suspect it actually is more of a reflection of the relative readerships of punternet vs the bolton news... just wait till mumsnet gets wind of it, then it'll swing the other way ;)

opinion polls usually show that most people support legalisation/decriminalisation

I thought prostitution wasn't illegal??

it isn't insofar as the exchange of cash for money, but running a brothel is illegal and that's probably the aspect he's referring to.

opinion polls usually show that most people support legalisation/decriminalisation

do you have any links to examples?

Like most of these things, the devil will be in the detail, ranging from the simple repealing of relevant legislation through to State Control, I for one would want to see a little more meat on the bones before casting my vote.

Like most of these things, the devil will be in the detail, ranging from the simple repealing of relevant legislation through to State Control, I for one would want to see a little more meat on the bones before casting my vote.

True, but Chris Davies is a good bloke with the right sentiments. I just wish he will answer my emails.