Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonnybgood

Time out.

8 posts in this topic

Is there a time out when you are writing a new thread, I just spent a half hour writing a new thread, Im a one finger typist and I was collecting my thoughts, I finished writing and pressed the submit new thread button when up popped the, you are not logged in dialogue box, very frustrating.

I don't think so. It's never happened to me, and I've often taken some time between starting and posting a thread - well over an hour.

There was a time limit on the old board, and I got caught out a couple of times. As you say, very frustrating.

I think that the problem arose because you were not logged in and were viewing as a guest. I wouldn't though have expected you to have had the ability to start a new thread.

Very occasionally, and due to technical malfunctions rather than time-out. I get into the habit as much as I can of Ctr/A, Ctr/C (on a PC) to copy what I'm writing as I go along. Most commonly happens on a long post from iPhone due to Safari or Opera crashing or the text getting lost as the signal goes when pressing 'preview.'

it's happened to me before on vBulletin forums -- i forget the exact error i got.

Is there a time out when you are writing a new thread, I just spent a half hour writing a new thread, Im a one finger typist and I was collecting my thoughts, I finished writing and pressed the submit new thread button when up popped the, you are not logged in dialogue box, very frustrating.

Has happened to me.

Just rememeber to click preview post to read it through every now and then and it will stop it timing out.

It happens with me when writing long e-mails on aol. Very very annoying as there is nothing you can do to save or recover what you have written.

I too am a solo digit keyboard technician.

You have to remember to save as you go, or you can get very angry.

It happens with me when writing long e-mails on aol. Very very annoying as there is nothing you can do to save or recover what you have written.

I too am a solo digit keyboard technician.

You have to remember to save as you go, or you can get very angry.

I write large amouts of text offline in word or notepad and copy and paste my magnum opus into the website.

If you do it in word you can use all the facilities like spellchecker and thesaurus etc.

I don't think so. It's never happened to me, and I've often taken some time between starting and posting a thread - well over an hour.

There was a time limit on the old board, and I got caught out a couple of times. As you say, very frustrating.

I think that the problem arose because you were not logged in and were viewing as a guest. I wouldn't though have expected you to have had the ability to start a new thread.

I was logged in, you probably cant even get to the dialogue box if you are a guest.