Carissa

Google Analytics and Moonfruit....

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Has anyone put analytics on their moonfruit page recently? I have tried to do it, but it hasn't worked. I have read the instructions but none of it makes sense to me. Can anyone tell me exactly what I have to click on etc?

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Car

xxx

PS. also, dumb question alert, but can the websites i am viewing on my laptop via a secure wifi connection be seen by anyone else that has access to our router (as in others in our house that i share the wi-fi with - all of which are more internet savvy then me and know all the router details etc....)

Hi,

Has anyone put analytics on their moonfruit page recently? I have tried to do it, but it hasn't worked. I have read the instructions but none of it makes sense to me. Can anyone tell me exactly what I have to click on etc?

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Car

xxx

I expect that you need to edit the HTML code to include Analytics. My understanding, however, is that Moonfruit uses Flash which isn't really very Google friendly.

PS. also, dumb question alert, but can the websites i am viewing on my laptop via a secure wifi connection be seen by anyone else that has access to our router (as in others in our house that i share the wi-fi with - all of which are more internet savvy then me and know all the router details etc....)

They'd need a bit of technical knowledge but yes they could. Just use a VPN connection. ;)

B

I started using it recently for my work website and found it brilliant for identifying which cities were bringing the most hits. This could be very useful for planning tours for instance.

The bit on adding the cookie, which you have maybe read (but for fast access for others reading this) is

this one.

I don't have specific experience of moonfruit - I think you maybe cannot add it to some free hosted sites though.

You just open your webpage in Notepad or whatever web authoring program you use and display the page in html.

"Once you find the code snippet, copy and paste it into the bottom of your content, immediately before the </body> tag of each page you are planning to track."

So that's near the end of the page of coding on your webpage.

To get the code snippet, you have to log on to google analytics (using a google account is fine, eg if you have a googlemail account). Then insert your homepage in the setup and it will generate the code snippet which you them use as above. (GoogleAnalytics info)

It sounds fiddly, but is only about one minute's work once you figure it out.

I've just seen this page specifically on google analytics and moonfruit, so seems it will work ok!

Hope this helps. Prob someone else will have done a better explanation by the time I press submit. But if this relatively non-techie person can do it, anyone can, so go for it!

Thank you guys, I have got it working! I had it right all along, it just takes time to show up as verified! doh!!!

I will look into this VPN thing. is it easy???

Thank you guys, I have got it working! I had it right all along, it just takes time to show up as verified! doh!!!

I will look into this VPN thing. is it easy???

Yes. Only catch is that it costs around >$5 per month.

B

I started using it recently for my work website and found it brilliant for identifying which cities were bringing the most hits.

Treat the location information with some caution. Typically this location infomation is based around the location of the users ISP, rather than the actual location of the user.

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp reckons I am in London, but that is just where my ISP is based. I live over a hundred miles away from London.

Treat the location information with some caution. Typically this location infomation is based around the location of the users ISP, rather than the actual location of the user.

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp reckons I am in London, but that is just where my ISP is based. I live over a hundred miles away from London.

Have you ever notice how EVERYTHING on the internet is a little bit "not working quite right" !

I'm not sure if we are getting slightly ahead of technology or we expect too much of it. Databases seem to be the flavour of the moment but as the new saying goes...a DB is only as good as those who input the information.

I shouldn't worry, as long as the provider companies are keeping your emails for 2 years the authorities are happy.:(

Hi,

All help appreciated!

Thanks

Car

xxx

Are you sure you need G.A ? I have heard a few people have problems with it, including being hacked after applying G.A. although thats with a good old fashioned hand built site rather than Moonfruit which I'm sure will be protected.

If your'e just interested in figues and there are no affiliates etc then I recommend Statcounter.

http://www.statcounter.com

You can choose it to be invisible and its really very good for traffic analytics.