LouisaPSUk

Very Strange or Worrying?

29 posts in this topic

I kept getting calls saying that they had seen my ad on Gumtree. I have not advertised anywhere in 2 and a half years. All has been done by word of mouth on PN and also my website. The strange thing is that a while ago someone did the exactly the same, in a spiteful way, listing lots of services that I don't and never have offered. This one is not in the same shape or form. It is very complimentary and then has my phone number and name at the bottom.

I find it all very strange and wonder what sort of person would do such a thing. Truth is I am not happy about the ad as I pride myself on working through word of mouth......

Can anyone enlighten me on this, please send me a PM if it was you. And to the other ladies on here, has anyone ever done the same to you?

Either way the person is way out of order interfering with your business and needs a severe talking to!

Oh I would be enraged if I was you :(

Can't you contact Gumtree to ask that the imposter's ads are blocked, explaining as you have above?

Can't you contact Gumtree to ask that the imposter's ads are blocked, explaining as you have above?

I did the last time, but not sure this is the same person. I have sent a message to them explaining that it me who has posted the ad. The last time it happen, the ad was taken off straight away. This time they have not removed it yet. :(

Hi Louisa,

Have found the gumtree posting with a very simple google search.

On the top right of the gumtree screen is a "report" button, and this opens a panel where you can state that is is fraudulent and even give additional information. Whether this is read by a human or a robot, who knows, but must be a worthwhile action.

So peculiar that somebody is doing this for you, must be an overzealous fan?

RB x

Either way the person is way out of order interfering with your business and needs a severe talking to!

Oh I would be enraged if I was you :(

I must admit I am not happy at all. Find it very strange and interfering. Just wish I knew who has done it :D

Its probably someone surfing on a PC at their dentist waiting room

Hi Louisa,

Have found the gumtree posting with a very simple google search.

On the top right of the gumtree screen is a "report" button, and this opens a panel where you can state that is is fraudulent and even give additional information. Whether this is read by a human or a robot, who knows, but must be a worthwhile action.

So peculiar that somebody is doing this for you, must be an overzealous fan?

RB x

Have pushed the report button again, hope this time it is removed and left them another message.

Very peculiar. The last time someone posted an ad on gumtree it was malice so I don't think this is the same person. Someone from this board pointed out the ad last time to me.

Thank you RB x

Its probably someone surfing on a PC at their dentist waiting room

The strange thing is the person has used ........... which I used to use a lot of until Sweet Tammy pointed out that I was doing a bit to much on my site, so I took her advice and cut them down. The person has used my style of ..........

Dental appointment, it is still very strange !! the ad was added on the 11th of August which was a week ago.

I'm not surprised you're annoyed and worried by it Louisa, this sort of behaviour is way out of order, even if (which must be highly questionable) it is well meant.

had it happen a few months ago got loads of calls on my landline but guys were ringing a different number so must of been a scam for a premium rate number anyway reported it and had it removed Annax

In Texas there were quite a few number of sites that would steal your photos and text from ads/websites and post it on their site, because they were trying to get business on the site and get noticed. It could be something like this. (Happened to me twice there)

In Texas there were quite a few number of sites that would steal your photos and text from ads/websites and post it on their site, because they were trying to get business on the site and get noticed. It could be something like this. (Happened to me twice there)

The thing is they have put my name and the correct phone number, so it is me who has got the calls.

One of the men who bought it to my attention and gave me the reference number came as a client today. He was a nice man but I am still not happy that it is on their. Makes me feel rather creeped out.

Very strange, I was talking to Chloe X the other day and she had the same thing happen, but on craigslist - two ads of her details.

Very strange, I was talking to Chloe X the other day and she had the same thing happen, but on craigslist - two ads of her details.

Not good, was Chloe creeped out too? it has left me feeling very uncomfortable, and also wondering if it is one of my regulars, I don't want it to affect my work and feel suspicious of my regulars, so I am trying to just put it to the back of my mind, but it has been hours since I first reported it and the ad is still there :(

Not good, was Chloe creeped out too? it has left me feeling very uncomfortable, and also wondering if it is one of my regulars, I don't want it to affect my work and feel suspicious of my regulars, so I am trying to just put it to the back of my mind, but it has been hours since I first reported it and the ad is still there ;)

Hi Louisa, you have been hit by the sadwithnolife brigade too then.

On sunday i recieved over 40 calls and texts regarding my craigslist advert, apparently i was working on sunday. The next day i was apparently working in birmingham. I discovered this as i got a call from a gentleman who became very rude when i told him i knew nothing of the 19yr old polish lady he was talking about.

I then received another call from a guy who said i was advertised as working in birmingham on monday when i was in fact in london. He told me the heading of the advert on craigs list and i looked. It had a picture of a stunning young redhead with some blurb advertising a 19yr old polish redhead. My work phone number was on the advert.

Carissa found the london one for me as we had searched the previous evening with no luck. It too had a similar ad, same picture and my phone number.

Now i was annoyed as i had to ask every single client where they found my number before i took a booking as i dont want to be accused of bait and switch.

I tineyed the photo and its lindsay lohan on a muimui bag photoshoot of all people.

I jave contacted craigs list and i recieved a message saying a human will view my message soon, no other response so far.

Im putting it down to the school holidays at the moment but the jury is still out.x

I dont think its one of your regulars unless we have a freak in common, have we disagreed with anyone in common do you think louise.xx

MY fake ad was made to look like a private advert though with only my phone number for contact, it was clearly an attempt to muddy my reputation as an honest wg (which i hope i do have). Can you imagine what would have happened if a guy had booked me from not only pnet but one of the many other sites and reported me as a bait and switch scammer on them.

I'm not surprised you're annoyed and worried by it Louisa, this sort of behaviour is way out of order, even if (which must be highly questionable) it is well meant.

I dont see how this kind of thing could be well meant, if they had put (in my case) my own photo and vaguely correct details then maybe but they did not. There were certain spelling mistakes in my profiles and im not sure if the person posting them was pissed or attempting to make it look like it was written in person by a polish lady with poor english.

You have my sympathies Louisa, it did creep me out at first also.xx

I would find this situation very frustrating. I'm a bit of a control freak and would find this very unsettling. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Hi Louisa, you have been hit by the sadwithnolife brigade too then.

On sunday i recieved over 40 calls and texts regarding my craigslist advert, apparently i was working on sunday. The next day i was apparently working in birmingham. I discovered this as i got a call from a gentleman who became very rude when i told him i knew nothing of the 19yr old polish lady he was talking about.

I then received another call from a guy who said i was advertised as working in birmingham on monday when i was in fact in london. He told me the heading of the advert on craigs list and i looked. It had a picture of a stunning young redhead with some blurb advertising a 19yr old polish redhead. My work phone number was on the advert.

Carissa found the london one for me as we had searched the previous evening with no luck. It too had a similar ad, same picture and my phone number.

Now i was annoyed as i had to ask every single client where they found my number before i took a booking as i dont want to be accused of bait and switch.

I tineyed the photo and its lindsay lohan on a muimui bag photoshoot of all people.

I jave contacted craigs list and i recieved a message saying a human will view my message soon, no other response so far.

Im putting it down to the school holidays at the moment but the jury is still out.x

I dont think its one of your regulars unless we have a freak in common, have we disagreed with anyone in common do you think louise.xx

Chloe, I will PM you later, when I finish work about your last comment, see if we can come up with anyone common freak.

I checked this morn and the bloody ad is still there, even though I have reported it twice now. Trying not to let it bother me, but it is. However I slept well last night, so that was a bonus.

Have a lovely day and I'll catch up later x

I would find this situation very frustrating. I'm a bit of a control freak and would find this very unsettling. Hope you get it sorted soon.

I am one of those people who does not try to control others, but likes to be in control of my own actions, with others not having a hold on my life.

It is very unsettling, but it is nice to have the support of the others and you Kate on this thread. And also, even though I wouldn't wish it on anyone, knowing that I have not been the only one to go through this helps as Chloe has put things into perspective for me. ;) x

I am one of those people who does not try to control others, but likes to be in control of my own actions, with others not having a hold on my life.

It is very unsettling, but it is nice to have the support of the others and you Kate on this thread. And also, even though I wouldn't wish it on anyone, knowing that I have not been the only one to go through this helps as Chloe has put things into perspective for me. ;) x

Yes that is totally the way I am. It is me that I need to be in control of, but not always to my benefit sadly as I often over do it.

I'm glad you posted it on here. It's something I had considered might happen previously, but had let my guard down. It's always a good idea to do a search on yourself now and again to see what is out there and I will do one after this thread, so thank you x

Good News !! the ad has now been removed.... ;)

Well done! That is a relief, now just down to finding out who the bozzo was that put it there.

Hi Louisa, glad you got the add off and got it sorted, sounded like a bit of a nightmare honi. ;)

:) xxx

Hi Louisa, glad you got the add off and got it sorted, sounded like a bit of a nightmare honi. ;)

;) xxx

Hello my lovely Natasha,

Thank you. Was not good, hopefully this will be the end to it.

Still have your jacket, be good to meet up when you are in London.

Catch up soon xx