signalman

croydon brothel in local paper front page

9 posts in this topic

I don't think that I'd be too happy about going to a place where you are met by two men.

~http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/news/Sinister-brothel-uncovered-charity-office/article-2520944-detail/article.html

I think I've been here.

The same local paper has the phone numbers of these places at the back after the motoring section.

A sister paper has them online

"Sinister Brothel". What is sinister about it? He made his excuses and left before trying it to see how sinister it was.

Sinister I believe literally means left or left handed. For £90 an hour, you would hope she used both hands, or would that constitute a "scoop"?.

A reader has made the following comment which no doubt will later be deleted.

"The brothel, masquerading as a massage parlour, was advertised as "Oriental Massage Croydon" through a card in the window of Eshop General Stores, in London Road."

and also on page 52 of your own paper!

so you are happy to complain about them and "expose" them, but also happy to take their money - a bit hypocritical.

and you cant really deny knowledge of this since you have been told about this in the past and still done nothing:

AN undercover investigation by the Advertiser has exposed a brothel which is operating in the same building as a charity for the elderly.

You need to go "under cover" to read a small ad in your own paper?

Posing as a customer, our reporter was offered sex with a prostitute for £50 at the seedy enterprise in London Road, West Croydon.

er, Miss! What does "seedy" mean?

Next door, visitors to a branch of Age UK would have been completely unaware of what was taking place on the other side of the wall.

Well, I think that is splendid! The management of this "brothel" were obviously very tactful and considerate of their neighbours! Well done them.

so you are happy to complain about them and "expose" them, but also happy to take their money - a bit hypocritical.

Hypocrisy goggles are standard issue for all journalists and newspapers.

A reader has made the following comment which no doubt will later be deleted.

"The brothel, masquerading as a massage parlour, was advertised as "Oriental Massage Croydon" through a card in the window of Eshop General Stores, in London Road."

and also on page 52 of your own paper!

and you cant really deny knowledge of this since you have been told about this in the past and still done nothing:

Yes that made me chuckle, It's always the way, the local rags will take the Inflated advertising rates from the brothels, but then the go all puritanical on their arses! The words don't bite the hand that feeds me springs to mind. :rolleyes: