sandra

newspaper ads

8 posts in this topic

Have just received my copy of the local freebie paper and there is a section of ads for personal services!!

This particular paper stopped all ads "from girls like you" at leaset five years ago .

wonder if they realise how much money they have lost ??

any thoughts ?

:rolleyes:

Have just received my copy of the local freebie paper and there is a section of ads for personal services!!

This particular paper stopped all ads "from girls like you" at leaset five years ago .

any thoughts ?

Please tell me which paper it is. xx

But would you want to advertise in it?

I used too!! use adtrader its much more effective and cheaper

The hypocritical Press Group were telling everyone how they were supporting trafficking by not accepting the girls ads but were instead accepting them full knowingly under the chat lines instead, and charged the girls more for the privilege.

Discrimination, how can they get away with it, accept cash for other self employed plumbers, bookkeepers, men with vans etc but us just as LEGITIMATE prozzies were discriminated against.

Newspaper ads are fab for picking up last min bookings if you have had a cancellation or a slow day.

S x

any thoughts ?

Recession and hard times. Businesses are cutting down on advertising and it was easy money for the papers.

5 years ago the manageress of a chain of 5 parlours in Bristol told me that she used to pay £1,800 per week in cash to advertise the parlours in the Bristol Evening Post. Same adverts each week. That was really easy money for the paper. They would have to advertise a lot of cars, lawnmowers and wardrobes for £1,800 per week.

I think also a change of government has much to do with it. Now that Harriet Harman and her cronies are no longer in power they cannot make useless and idle threats about putting newspaper proprietors in prison for assisting traffickers.

I noticed that our local paper has also added back the personal services ads, funny how it makes the paper thicker and more interesting to read LOL;)

I see that the London Metro and Wharf papers (all free) are carrying adds now as well, although still mostly top end of the market.