Unperson

Punt patterns, good bad & indifferent

10 posts in this topic

The quote below caught my eye on another thread but it didn't catch anyone else's. It might have been too far off the topic there. Differences between punters and service providers, I think that was.

I'll run it up a separate flagpole now to see if anyone salutes it.

... have to find new wg's on a regular basis, for me it is a minefield the attitude of so many is terrible.

The good one's are outweighed by the bad one's at least 6-1 in my experience.

I'm not enthusiastic about what I've seen of UK punting. But 6 to 1?? Surely it can't be as bad as that?

It could be too simple and lose some of the point if you try to put everything into only those two pigeonholes. There should be one for ordinary, neutral, indifferent etc. too. In my UK experience that's the biggest pigeonhole.

Punters, how do your UK punts or WGs divide among the three? Good, neutral, bad.

I'll have to work out my numbers before I can say. It could be that they're different in the Internet days from what they were for me between 1965 and 1999-2000. Also different between the WGs Jimmy Redcab would consider (up to £120 an hour) and the others.

I'm almost sure the expensive WGs have been worse on the average. That's because they've been more likely to run the punt on automatic pilot. Ghenghis (quote lifted from the same thread as the previous quote) may have the answer for why so many of the expensive ones put in 0 effort in return for all those nice £.

Some WGs are exactly as NIK describes and do need to either start empathising with the punter (Customer) or leave the industry and try selling something other than their favours. I have met a few in my time and they have tended to be working in areas where they are the prettiest or youngest of the bunch which has meant they have learned the wrong lessons.

Punters, how do your UK punts or WGs divide among the three? Good, neutral, bad

My spread feels much better than the one you've quoted Unperson. Being as objective as I can (I don't keep records) and ignoring repeat bookings (which will skew the distribution), I reckon I have a G/N/B ratio of 5/4/1 for every 10 wgs I see. Of the 5 good bookings I would subdivide them into 1 outstanding (automatic rebook), 2 great (pretty certain rebook) and 2 above average (happy to rebook if a plan B is required). The outstanding and great girls always get a positive FR from me and the 1 in 10 who really disappoint me gets a negative FR. The rest I feel I don't need to trouble the world with.

Perhaps time for a poll?

Looking at patterns within the UK, it would seem that there isn't really a sound ratio looking at the reviews out there - well, there is one, but digging further and looking at punters personal ratios, and why individuals love/loathe BKK for punting say, or Frankfurt. In fact, several ladies and regions appear to exist in a dual space/time continuum, at any one time representing heaven or one of the circles of hell.

Reading repeat horror stories from the same person for entertainment from the safety of my commode-chair: the slalom of doom they experience tells me more about how badly bent their punting antennae are, less about the ratio of fantastic/good/acceptable/poor/whoops punts to be found in the UK.

Same reasoning and to be fair, someone going, "Ooooh, I've never had a crap punt in Bognor/Beirut", wasn't trying hard enough to find one or was just easily pleased.

Not being one for fantasy football, I'll just have to content myself with fantasy punting instead; sadly, checking how well the teams score is a lot of hassle.

I think Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will be the dark horses this season. [Nods knowingly].

If using the "per 10" scale that Northwinds started, I would say my ratio was (again, ignoring repeat bookings)

8 good/great/excellent/OMG!

1 neutral/not bad/nothing special/so-so

1 dissapointing/"bad" but nothing terrible.

Although, to be fair, I tend to stick with ladies who are well established and have very good reputations, minimising the risk of a dodgy experience. Knowing I am in good hands I think makes my ratio higher than most. Also, now I am into my 2nd year, I am finding 70-80% of my 2010 visits are repeat bookings which reduce (but not eliminate) the risk of a mediocre/bad visit.

I would rather wait a few months for a lady I really fancy and was confident about, who was based miles away up North to come down to London on tour, instead of gambling on a "2nd choice" locally, and this seems to have worked out very well for me. Cynics might call me easily pleased, but I feel that picking who I see very carefully means I will usually (but not always) leave a very happy man.

There is a view that Quality in in any purchase is not an absolute. In this view Quality is as defined by the client. Was the product or service fit for purpose, as per specification, within budget and on time.

When I look back on my less good times, they are mostly in that category because I did not put enough effort into matching the provider with what i was really looking for on the day.

Noob here at PN though not to the scene (regular at C69 in dim distant days and the other p forum until 'retired' while back).

So obviously can't speak with any authority on current scene, but in heyday (90s - 2008), ratio was probably about 1 in 5 - 1 disappointing for every five good (though with old age brain may be dimming :eek:). I used to take a lot of time choosing a lady, so probably felt the disappointment doubly hard. Although sometimes just let my libido get the better of me and booked a spur of moment. Sometimes good, sometimes or more often than not not.

Been reading up on few threads and really curious as to how scene has changed. Don't punt anymore (found alternative avenues) but still have connections with/fascination with scene.

I envy Elsewhere his figures of 8 good, 1 neutral, 1 bad out of every 10 punts. I punt frequently and do a great deal of research but can get nowhere near that level of success.

Northwinds ratio of 5,4,1 seem to be nearer my mark. I rarely have a bad punt but find that when I do they come in a burst.This perhaps means it is something to do with me and how I am reacting to the girl or how I was feeling when booking her.

Punters, how do your UK punts or WGs divide among the three? Good, neutral, bad.

From my experience, doing the research transforms the likelihood of a good punt. I've never kept a record, but I'd guess that over my entire punting career, the ratio is something like 4/4/2.

That completely changes though with research. If just talking about impulse punts - random passing visits to a parlour, numbers out of the local paper, late night call to an agency - the results are poor.

Most of those came before going online and discovering PN though. If restricted to the same few favoured establishments since discovered, my ratio is more like 7/2/1. I suspect that a wider study of FRs would show the same - most reports for HOD/Sandys/TWL/GFE are very favourable.

Not many takers for the question in the thread? I thought it would be more exciting than that.

I suppose the answers and the original quote and my experience, taken all together, show there's no objective average and that what you see depends on who you are and what's inside your head. I'm somewhere in the middle between the quote and the answers.

For what it's worth, using the idea of experiences per 10 punts, my one consistent UK result since I punted there first in 1965 is 3 bad ones for every 10. Neutral ones were less common before 2000 than after and good ones were more common. Not by much. Before 2000, probably 5 neutral, 2 good. After it, 6 and 1. That could be because I've been getting more demanding as I get older.

For the rest of the explanation I blame the Internet. My typical UK punt in the Internet days has been more upmarket or expensive than before 2000 because the WGs there who look upmarket and interesting have been easier to find. I stress "look". When I actually see them I've found they don't put in any effort. They behave as if they think their bodies and appearance are enough to satisfy the punters and that no extra work is needed, and that doing it would be a bore anyway.

Expensive neutral punts are a waste of money. At least half of my neutral ones in the UK this century have been expensive.

I ought to thank the punter who gave the original quote because it's made me rethink my approach to the UK. Next time I'm there I'll try a 100% downmarket tour. Back to basics. It may not be much better or more lively in the end. Even if it's no better it'll be cheaper.

I can almost hear patriotic punters asking "Where can you get better treatment than in our excellent UK system?" Here's a maybe incomplete memory dump covering countries where I've punted regularly enough to know what I'm talking about. In alphabetical order to give them equal shares of the credit. Antilles (both French and Dutch), Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Germany, Holland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain.

Once I started seeing oriental girls the ratio of good to bad punts shot up very significantly

After this I almost exclusively started going to Thai women and have not looked back since

Something about Thai wgs makes them genuinely care that you enjoy your time with them, and overall they just appear to be truly pleasant, good and kind natured people.

Amongst them, I've hardly ever come across the attitude of : take your money then get it over with as quickly as possible and then get you out, something I've experienced far more frequently amongst wgs of other nationalities.

Obviously not ALL of my punts with oriental women have been great, but my motto is when punting, if ever in any doubt : go Thai - and this has really served me well