Kayak

TheGirlofyourdreams

66 posts in this topic

I contacted the person named in the title of this thread, (on A/W) last night, and asked her if she was available for a 1 hour incall this morning. She replied that she was and asked me to text her to confirm, and then she would text me back her address. I emailed her back to say "thanks, see you tomorrow, and I'll call you tomorrow" (etc), and I texted her as well, so that she would have my mobile number, and that she would know who I was when I called her the following morning. I also put in a booking on A/W, so it was all official.

So this morning I head off for Basingstoke, roughly 50 miles from home, to her place, and I text her - no reply. I call her, no answer. So I wait a while, call again, text again etc. No answer and no replies.

This afternoon I get home from work, to find an email from her on A/W, to say that she's sorry, she woke up late, and when she went to work she realised that she'd forgot her phone at home.

I'm really disappointed, as this was an English lady, who has an enormous amount of positive ratings on A/W, well over 100, and yet she could be so utterly unprofessional.

After being a completely unreliable timewaster to me today, I will not be giving any consideration to giving her a 2nd chance under any circumstances. How could I be sure that I wouldn't again waste all that petrol and time?

Rant over, and I feel a little better.:eek:

I contacted the person named in the title of this thread, (on A/W) last night, and asked her if she was available for a 1 hour incall this morning. She replied that she was and asked me to text her to confirm, and then she would text me back her address. I emailed her back to say "thanks, see you tomorrow, and I'll call you tomorrow" (etc), and I texted her as well, so that she would have my mobile number, and that she would know who I was when I called her the following morning. I also put in a booking on A/W, so it was all official.

So this morning I head off for Basingstoke, roughly 50 miles from home, to her place, and I text her - no reply. I call her, no answer. So I wait a while, call again, text again etc. No answer and no replies.

This afternoon I get home from work, to find an email from her on A/W, to say that she's sorry, she woke up late, and when she went to work she realised that she'd forgot her phone at home.

I'm really disappointed, as this was an English lady, who has an enormous amount of positive ratings on A/W, well over 100, and yet she could be so utterly unprofessional.

After being a completely unreliable timewaster to me today, I will not be giving any consideration to giving her a 2nd chance under any circumstances. How could I be sure that I wouldn't again waste all that petrol and time?

Really bad treatment --- I would be very sore in the same position. I suppose tho' if I was making such a long trip I would look for some confirmation just before I headed out.

But she forgot her phone didnt she? Its annoying but since she emailed you and said she was sorry I would give her the benefit of doubt.

Its a horrible thing to happen and can understand you feeling mad about it, but she has emailed and her excuse could be genuine. Mistakes do happen and if she has all that good feedback I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Shelly

I have learned the hard way not to set off until after I have spoken to the person the day of travel. It's just not worth the wasted time and travel.

I have learned the hard way not to set off until after I have spoken to the person the day of travel. It's just not worth the wasted time and travel.

That is so true its happened to me too.

Shelly

I feel your pain - BUT - NEVER EVER set off without confirmation just before you leave to ensure that at least at that time she is alive and kicking.

Even if her feedback is ten thousand positives, you just do not do it.

I'm far from convinced that not setting off before contact is viable for a morning appointment. What do you do if no reply? Just not go at all?? Come on... she could still be having a kip.

I'd certainly think I'd done enough with contact day before. Mind you I wouldn't bother moaning about a no show... not on these boards, because the official motto here is "its always the punter's fault".

I feel your pain - BUT - NEVER EVER set off without confirmation just before you leave to ensure that at least at that time she is alive and kicking.

Even if her feedback is ten thousand positives, you just do not do it.

A hard lesson I guess. It guts me that she had so many opportunities to get it right - I texted her last night for goodness sake:mad: when she and said mobile phone were still in the same building. I guess it was doomed all along.

I wonder how she did any business at all today without her mobile phone (if you believe her story), or did she just go shopping for shoes and lingerie?

I have to ask this, how difficult would it have been just to turn around and go back home to get her phone again?

Personally I'm not convinced that she's serious about her work or reputation. I've been self employed for nearly 2 decades, and If I were to carry on in this fashion, I would have been destitute years ago. Sure I made some real clangers, but you learn your lesson and don't do it again.

:eek:

Personally I'm not convinced that she's serious about her work or reputation. I've been self employed for nearly 2 decades, and If I were to carry on in this fashion, I would have been destitute years ago. Sure I made some real clangers, but you learn your lesson and don't do it again.

:eek:

Has she done it before?

Has she done it before?

Maybe she hasn't. I was talking figuratively, not literally, in this case.

Let me put it another way for you:

I have not "woken up late and forgotten my phone", thereby letting down clients, even once, in more than 25 years, nearly 2 decades of them being self employed, and I'd say it's extremely unlikely that I will ever. But if I did do, I'd lose a lot of work, and I happen to know the value of that, so I take my responsibilities seriously.

I'm far from convinced that not setting off before contact is viable for a morning appointment. What do you do if no reply? Just not go at all?? Come on... she could still be having a kip.

I'd certainly think I'd done enough with contact day before. Mind you I wouldn't bother moaning about a no show... not on these boards, because the official motto here is "its always the punter's fault".

Personally I would never assume an appointment will happen by making it the previous day. Mind you I have never done it thay way. All my punts occurr the same day when i get the urge. In this particular case having experienced myself hookers that never get back to you,the fact that she did would indicate she is genuine. If I was the poster I would call her and make a judgement call on how sorry she sounded on the phone and her intention of giving an extra special service to make up for it.:eek:

Hang on.... you put through a booking request. Bugger leaving her mobile at home, she emailed you from ********* so had your booking request and as such your number. At what point in the day did she email?

If she had genuinely messed up and was sorry she should have phoned to apologies, not send a cowardly email... thats a double slap in the face

If I was the poster I would call her and make a judgement call on how sorry she sounded on the phone and her intention of giving an extra special service to make up for it.:eek:

She sent me a mail on A/W giving a very trite and IMO insincere apology, without any offer of compensation. So therefore, because she fucked me around for half the day, and caused me to drive nearly 100 miles out of my way, I'd rather share my experience with others about what an unreliable timewaster she is, so that it might affect her business. Obviously she's not too fussed about her business anyway, going by her irresponsible behaviour today, but maybe if it falls off a bit she'll buck up her ideas.

I wouldn't enjoy fucking her now anyway, so I wouldn't want to.

Hang on.... you put through a booking request. Bugger leaving her mobile at home, she emailed you from ********* so had your booking request and as such your number. At what point in the day did she email?

If she had genuinely messed up and was sorry she should have phoned to apologies, not send a cowardly email... thats a double slap in the face

Thank you Sasha, she emailed me at 11:40 today. Her story doesn't wash. If it did, I'd have a kinder attitude towards her than I do, but I think she's a timewaster, and today was just my turn.

Well it may have been a wasted journey but think of it as she did you a favour... you can save your money and spend it on a super punt with a girl that actually gives a monkies.

Surely it's not too difficult to move on and find another WG who takes her job more seriously? Or is that area a barren wasteland in punting terms?

No its not always the punters fault at all we are all human and all make mistakes. I'm not sticking up for her but she has emailed an apology which is more than some wg's girl get with no shows. It is maddening for anyone who gets a no show whether its punter or wg.

Shelly

Everyone deserves a second chance, she did apologise. :eek:

Not her. Maybe if she compensated him for the time he wasted on the initial punt. There are others more deserving of his business.

Its down to the Punter if he wants to give her a second chance. Personally, I'd find someone else and someone a lot nearer as well. 100 mile round trip for a punt? - thats far too much effort for my liking.

Seems like most of you guys think the same way, one strike and your out.

Shelly

some WGs are making so much money they will cancel a punt on a whim and go shopping

I am utterly disgusted by her behaviour, If you texted her the night before and made arrangements as usual then thats confirmation enough. If the booking is a long journey, I always call the lady in question first before setting off, This is a precaution a take to save me the trouble.

I think the lady should have called you to give her apologies, she at least owed you that much, sending you a short email is very disingenious to you and in some respects to her in regards to calling herself a professional.

I think its best to avoid this lady in the future and focus on WG's that actually care about having standards.

I am sure you would get over it very quickly when you book a wg that treats you like a person instead of a peice of s**t.

My two cents

Sorry to read this Kayak, I would not believe the " i forgot my phone " excuse or another is " i had no credit on phone " . you were too trusting of her , and she probably lied to you and fobbed you off with the return e mail. You are just a number to her , a forgotten number now ..