Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gemma Harris

Win 7/Shockwave

4 posts in this topic

Hey there,

Several times a day my brand new computer freezes and I have to flick the off switch as cannot do a thing! I know how bad this is!

It is always when I am using chrome that becomes unresponsive and shockwave crashes, OS is Win 7, anyone know what could be causing this>?

S x

I find a lot of Adobe software prone to crashes and locking up, and avoid using it.

Do you actually need to use Shockwave? Its main purpose is Ads and video and since Chrome supports HTML5 video there is pretty much no reason to have shockwave installed. Try installing it.

If you want/need to keep shockwave, then try FlashBlocker, it defaults to disabled so suppresses flash Ads but it's a click once to enable flash

could be dodgy memory. Use memtest (google it) and check. If it is the memory you should be able to get the retailer to replace it for you.

I find a lot of Adobe software prone to crashes and locking up, and avoid using it.

Do you actually need to use Shockwave? Its main purpose is Ads and video and since Chrome supports HTML5 video there is pretty much no reason to have shockwave installed. Try installing it.

If you want/need to keep shockwave, then try FlashBlocker, it defaults to disabled so suppresses flash Ads but it's a click once to enable flash

TY Tyke :P

I need flash for a FB game that I play (or rather use scripts to play it for me;)

I keep getting an acer flash message but as per usual when I need it to come up it does not! Trying firefox (very slow for this game) but will see if that makes a difference. Have uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled along with a few other programmes, will keep plodding away!

S x