elrond

EU Client Criminalisation Proposal

13 posts in this topic

by MEP Edit Bauer (Slovakia) and Anna Hedh (Sweden),

Art. 15.1 and 4 (pp. 21,22), (Art. 2.4, p. 15):

http://www.ipex.eu/ipex/webdav/site/myjahiasite/groups/CentralSupport/public/2010/COM_2010_0095/COM_COM%282010%290095_EN.pdf =

http://tinyurl.com/364znww

Debate scheduled for 14. September:

On a quick read it appears the legislation is better lananced than what the UK ended up with.

Member states shall consider taking measures to establish as a criminal offense the use of services which are the objects of exploitation as referred to in article 2 with the knowledge that the person is a victim of an offense refereed to in Article 2

by MEP Edit Bauer (Slovakia) and Anna Hedh (Sweden),

Art. 15.1 and 4 (pp. 21,22), (Art. 2.4, p. 15):

http://www.ipex.eu/ipex/webdav/site/myjahiasite/groups/CentralSupport/public/2010/COM_2010_0095/COM_COM%282010%290095_EN.pdf =

http://tinyurl.com/364znww

Debate scheduled for 14. September:

On a quick read it appears the legislation is better lananced than what the UK ended up with.

So basically seeing a woman who is trafficked (as defined under EU law i.e slavery) but without strict liability? more balanced, but wholly unenforceable since if they knew it would effectively be rape/sexual assault which would obviously be the more appropriate charge

had a good lunch and not up to composing logical arguments.

But could "sex trafficking" be the offense in forced marriages or even those where one or other party is less than enthusiastic.

or does that lack "cultural sensitivity"??

had a good lunch and not up to composing logical arguments.

But could "sex trafficking" be the offense in forced marriages or even those where one or other party is less than enthusiastic.

or does that lack "cultural sensitivity"??

Sex trafficking > forced marriages >>> rape

" Cultural sensitivity " effectively allows an erosion of human rights and sanctions criminal behaviour.

I hear France is looking at forced marriages as a criminal offence in anti -crime proposals to deport immigrants.

Is the UK watching ? Pigs and flying come to mind.:D

The Border Agency has its hands full with Kebab Shops etc!

The Islamic republic of Bradistan and East lancs is on the too difficult list.

Kebab shops, like hell! The article is about CHINESE TAKEAWAYS! Somebody should PM SaSfan to break out his balaclava, start packing his bags and get ready to go into hiding.:D

Had a takeaway from the spa and massage centre in the Singapore Copthorne once. Think she called herself "Wendy"

So basically seeing a woman who is trafficked (as defined under EU law i.e slavery) but without strict liability? more balanced, but wholly unenforceable since if they knew it would effectively be rape/sexual assault which would obviously be the more appropriate charge

No, not really, unless being trafficked or coerced by a third party into sex work renders a person incapable of consent, ie deprives her of the right to say yes, which I would imagine would be very difficult in court as in a rape case it is the defendent's perception that is crucial.

One could imagine, for example, a coerced women developing a regular, a relationship other than the purely sexual developing, evolving suspicion/ discovery and empathy over her plight...it really is a hugely complex area for law makers to wade into, like crippled water buffalo wading into a pool of nitroglycerine.

No, not really, unless being trafficked or coerced by a third party into sex work renders a person incapable of consent, ie deprives her of the right to say yes, which I would imagine would be very difficult in court as in a rape case it is the defendent's perception that is crucial.

One could imagine, for example, a coerced women developing a regular, a relationship other than the purely sexual developing, evolving suspicion/ discovery and empathy over her plight...it really is a hugely complex area for law makers to wade into, like crippled water buffalo wading into a pool of nitroglycerine.

that WAS my point. Under EU law (which is what we're talking about here) you can't be classed as trafficked unless you're being forced.

There is a matter which will come into force under the Lisbon Zwei treaty, which is that the EU can be forced to act legislatively on a petition of a certain size, maybe 1 million signatures spread over several countries. You can be sure that those who hate our hobby/work could be very capable of doing this, in fact laws banning our hobby/work could become the first piece of legislation under it!

You can be sure that those who hate our hobby/work could be very capable of doing this, in fact laws banning our hobby/work could become the first piece of legislation under it!

I'm not going to hold my breath. I've heard so many similar things over the years.

It just isn't going to happen.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.welt.de%2Fpolitik%2Farticle11256284%2FBruessel-verschaerft-Kampf-gegen-Zwangsprostitution.html

"Member States should take into consideration the possibility of imposing sanctions on the users of any service exacted from a victim, with the knowledge that he/she has been trafficked. This further criminalisation could include employers of legally staying third-country nationals and EU nationals, as well as buyers of sexual services from any trafficked person, irrespective of their nationality ... and should impose sanctions on the prostitute-users."

next debate 13-16 Dec

Edited by starman

... to wade into, like crippled water buffalo wading into a pool of nitroglycerine.

An intriguing similie (?sp)! I imagine one observes from a distance? Is this a double duty puzzle? As a paid up member of the RSPCA I am under a duty to rescue crippled animal, and take to vet, but, equally, I have a duty to my Significant Other and my Life Assurer not to take daft risks with my life, and water buffalos, at the best of time, can be surly bastards, and if wounded, they probably don't ask themselves why you are approaching?

But then, NitroG is traditionally made by spraying glycerine, out of a hair spray, into nitric acid, being gently warmed in a frying pan? It used to be said that the deserving war blinded beggars on London's streets were mostly (retired) safe breakers whose final batch of NitroG had gone off too soon in the pan...

(Sorry, Mod, was that OT? Surely not, I was replying, with a quote to a point made by the other punter?)