Coventrypunter

Free wifi -accessing adult sites

6 posts in this topic

I wonder what experiences were with free wifi in pubs and cafes.

I spent a happy 40 minutes in a motorway services surfing punternet, including chat, and adultwank with no trouble.

Is this general or do some places have blocking in place?

(I have heard mcdonalds block adult sites, but is that still true?)

Yes, McDonald's still blocks adult content on wifi. I tried some months ago. Now, I tend to use 3G as it tends to avoid embarassment.

The other option is to find someone's house who have an open wifi network....:D Bit naughty.

I wonder what experiences were with free wifi in pubs and cafes.

I spent a happy 40 minutes in a motorway services surfing punternet, including chat, and adultwank with no trouble.

Is this general or do some places have blocking in place?

(I have heard mcdonalds block adult sites, but is that still true?)

use ipredator.

I use ipredator - a cheap fast vpn service which is good for torrenets, too.

Yes, McDonald's still blocks adult content on wifi. I tried some months ago. Now, I tend to use 3G as it tends to avoid embarassment.

The other option is to find someone's house who have an open wifi network....:P Bit naughty.

And utterly illegal. Careful, your MAC will be recorded...which is unique to your specific computer, NOT an area or line, like an IP. By default, most ISP provided routers will have passwords as default. Those that don't are either a sting or utterly f**king stupid. I would not recommend doing this tbh.

Not quite On Topic but.......just returned from hols in Italy and the Hotel has recently upgraded their Wifi throughout the etire hotel and grounds. With this new system each customer is given a unique random password for the duration of their stay. And this is the point.......the hotel logs your name and passport details against your unique password and it is retained for the Police to inspect at any time. I was told that this was a new law, for the main to check for any terorists type activity, but knowing that they could check which sites I had viewed I abstained from dropping by PN and the like during my stay.