Irgendeiner

Press muck raking, again!

24 posts in this topic

I'm not really sure what the moral to draw here is:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/09/04/tory-mp-mike-weatherley-s-wife-working-as-a-prostitute-115875-22537899/

(other than that there is no muck that a journalist won't rake if it looks as if it'll sell one or more newspapers!)

At least the journo is helpful enough to give the parlour names so that, if one so wishes, one could make the lady's better acquaintance! She does actually look quite attractive.

Anyone from here met her yet?

I'm not really sure what the moral to draw here is:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/09/04/tory-mp-mike-weatherley-s-wife-working-as-a-prostitute-115875-22537899/

(other than that there is no muck that a journalist won't rake if it looks as if it'll sell one or more newspapers!)

At least the journo is helpful enough to give the parlour names so that, if one so wishes, one could make the lady's better acquaintance! She does actually look quite attractive.

Anyone from here met her yet?

sells her body to strangers in three seedy brothels.

They can't be that seedy because they do at least have one of those hanger thingies over the door so you can hang your mac up.

I have to be honest and say if you take the decision to run for public office and use your wife in that process then you have to be open to scrutiny and you have to consider these factors.

This is not just a private critizen and I believe this story has a public interest and so I don't at all consider it "muck raking".

I have to be honest and say if you take the decision to run for public office and use your wife in that process then you have to be open to scrutiny and you have to consider these factors.

This is not just a private critizen and I believe this story has a public interest and so I don't at all consider it "muck raking".

I'm surprised it has taken them this long to publish the story. You would have thought it would have been exposed a long time ago and she must have known it was possible she may be found out. It would be interesting to know if he new what she was doing though.

it would be interesting to know if he new what she was doing though.
mr weatherley last night said he was unaware his wife is a prostitute saying: "oh no. It's a bit of a shock. We *separated in february and i had *absolutely no idea at all.

"we've kept in touch and have lunch together every week so we're still good friends.

"that's a horrible shock... Thank you for letting me know."

  ‏  ‏  ‏  

  ‏  ‏  ‏  

Thanks Sasfan. Trust me not to read to the end :D

I don't think he should be judged on the actions of his 'ex' and I would not be impressed if he is.

Does anyone actually believe it when they say "The reporter made his excuses and left" ?

Like F**k he did......:D

  ‏  ‏  ‏  

This weeks lunch should be interesting then ... that's assuming he knew nothing whatsoever.

I wonder if she does 2 girl with Lady T?

or maybe the reported tapped the phone before making his exuse and leaving?

They're separated. BFD.

I can't wait for the silly season to be over.

OK, so what exactly is the public interest in this case?

I can understand that the paper wants to link a Prostitute, her estranged MP husband and Call Me Dave. They can mucrake and sell more arse wipe.

But who really gives a damn about the story apart from the poor sod who got ambushed?

so there' one Tory MP who should be able to speak with authority on the subject!

My attitude to the story would depend on whether or not he does

hmmm anyone searched awank for her, would be interesting to see (if she had a profile) when it was set up....

hmmm anyone searched awank for her, would be interesting to see (if she had a profile) when it was set up....

Not found her on @W, but found her FR's under Bianca of Bedford, http://punternet.com/frs/fr_view.php?recnum=97947 Though there Is no longer a Bianca on IM's site.

So hubby was using her as the dutiful wifey during the election, he never mention before that he was estranged, I would Imagine, the lady has to make a living, she got a UK passport, so they've used each other. :D

OK, so what exactly is the public interest in this case?

I can understand that the paper wants to link a Prostitute, her estranged MP husband and Call Me Dave. They can mucrake and sell more arse wipe.

But who really gives a damn about the story apart from the poor sod who got ambushed?

Personally I'd want to know if an MP and potential minister of this state has a capacity to make such poor judgements, and clearly this man does in his private life, if the story is true.

I just think if you are an MP then your expectations of a private life should be less than others, especially if you use your family for political gain.

The main point which this article exposes is that the Tory MP presented a false image to the public of being a happily married man when campaigning in the election - yet they were separated some months before that! Just goes to show, you can never trust a politician!

Personally I'd want to know if an MP and potential minister of this state has a capacity to make such poor judgements, and clearly this man does in his private life, if the story is true.

I just think if you are an MP then your expectations of a private life should be less than others, especially if you use your family for political gain.

The main point which this article exposes is that the Tory MP presented a false image to the public of being a happily married man when campaigning in the election - yet they were separated some months before that! Just goes to show, you can never trust a politician!

I tried to remember when I was this naive and seem to recall it was about 14.

Have the countless scandals over the years including the expenses scandal and the current recession (Caused by politicians allowing greedy bankers to have free rein) taught you nothing?????

Most politicians cannot be trusted.

I don't think he should be judged on the actions of his 'ex' and I would not be impressed if he is.

I think he should be judged on the fact he played happy family for the press during the election, then when this is exposed they separated in February. That makes him a hypocrite.

If hypocrisy was made illegal, the House of Commons would lie empty.:D

And Fourth Estate would dematerialise.

So he met her in Rio where allegedly she was a prostitute. He brings her over to the UK where she's now a prostitute. I'm surprised that the Mirror didn't mention the "T" word :D.

Not really surprised anymore when these kind of stories hit the paper I'm jujst interested in seeing as to whether I recognise the girl LOL ;)

If hypocrisy was made illegal, the House of Commons would lie empty.;)

Exactly. All the crap about hypocrites and public figures showing 'poor judgement' in their private affairs is only fit (as Ghenghis says) for 14-year olds. All I need to know about politicians is whether they are fit to run a whelk stall. Hypocrisy comes with the job, because we expect them to say what pleases everybody. If a public figure shows poor judgement in his or her sex-life, that tells me nothing except that s/he is human. I've been showing spectacularly poor judgement in my sex-life throughout my adult life, and I don't expect that to change much, but it doesn't affect my job.

If we hound all hypocrites from public life, we will end up with government by saints and holy men. That experiment has already been tried in Iran, with the result that 'immodest' women (but rarely men, funnily enough) get treated to public floggings and in some cases execution by stoning. Give me the hypocrites every time.

I don't think I accused this guy of being a hypocrite did I? Or that MP's should be whiter than white or be sacked for such issues?

The OP suggested somehow this story had no relevance beyond selling papers, I was saying in my view it was a story of public interest about a public servant who in my view has to expect scrutiny on his private life above and beyond that of someone in the private sector, for example.

What a charming story. Someone connected to an MP who is making a living in the real world, rather that finding some way to be bankrolled by the taxpayer. Truly a world turned upside down.

As, however, with Wayne Rooney's recent lady-friends it would be most helpful to have the insight of the Interim Leader of the Labour Party (aka Mad Hattie) and our dear friends at Poppy. None of the WGs quite fit their stereotypes of exploited sex slaves. Have these notables really been unusual silent, or have I missed their nuggets of interpretive wisdom?