elrond

Poppy project campaign to end newspaper adverts

13 posts in this topic

Saw this posed on another site. I have checked the link, and yest the PP has started a campaign to remove all newspaper advertising. I see it mixes street prostitution facts and dangers to stop with brothel prostitution which use newspapers to advertise.

The poppy/Eves project has launched a campaign presently directed at London but rumour has it soon to be made national aimed at persuading local newspapers to stop taking personal adult adverts with the usual scare mongering crap they are so famous for. They even provide on their web site a nice template for a letter to send to councillors and MPs.

And this year the government out of our tax money funded their own personal propaganda machine (is the Poppy project really anything else)to the tune of £529.403 to pay the wages...And this is a charity which is not supposed to receive any government funding. Yep sure.

By the way the ref to victims of trafficking is very misleading because it points to a study on victims of torture and in no way is related to any study at all on sex workers. However it sounds good which to the Poppy project is all that is important. I mean who cares about facts when lies sound so much better.

If anyone would like to email them or write and point this little fact out it may have some effect.

http://www.eaves4women.co.uk/Nothing_Personal_campaign.php

Perhaps the organisers might like to waive the 'entry' fee of £95 to all independants who now face business difficulties by virtue of not being able advertise in their chosen local publications.

In Brighton this has been the case (with the Newsquest owned Argus) since 31st July 2008.

Yeah, thanks for putting me out of a job you medddlesome munters....

L

Edited by brightonbodyworship
omitted letter

Perhaps the organisers might like to waive the 'entry' fee of £95 to all independants who now face business difficulties by virtue of not being able advertise in their chosen local publications.

In Brighton this has been the case (with the Newsquest owned Argus) since 31st July 2008.

Yeah, thanks for putting me out of a job you medddlesome munters....

L

We can only hope Newsquest go bust.

We can only hope Newsquest go bust.

Oh goody, we can traipse to the bankruptcy court together.......

L

The Guardian group has been in the forefront of banning wg/mp adverts. see e.g. http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/hounslowchiswick/4324248.Councils_urged_to_join_anti_sex_ads_campaign/

Needless to say the Guardian Group is propped up by the revenue for advertising assorted politically correct public sector "jobs".....

They may need to take a more pragmatic view on private adverts once the coming public spending squeeze starts to bite.

some newspapers are still running ads and so is loot,they are part of the daily mail group who are unlikely to appease a labour govt! i would imagine they would only pull ads for legal reasons

The Guardian group has been in the forefront of banning wg/mp adverts. see e.g. http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/hounslowchiswick/4324248.Councils_urged_to_join_anti_sex_ads_campaign/

Needless to say the Guardian Group is propped up by the revenue for advertising assorted politically correct public sector "jobs".....

They may need to take a more pragmatic view on private adverts once the coming public spending squeeze starts to bite.

well, that is the campaign elronds post linked to

years ago when I started punting the newspapers never ever showed an advert it simply was unthinkable htat a newspaper odf anysort would do such a thing.

So you had to go to a shop whih was Private and buy a contact mag , therein would be a few adds of the type required..

It really was as hard as that then to find a WG, and I went a long way to see one

Nowadays its brilliant.

I can do a proximity search on that site and theres dozens withing a 50 miles radius.And if Im worse for wear and cant drive theres one within walking distance.

If Im really legless I can at least visit this forum and read about it

It really makes a change of femininst fundamentalists to hijack charities instead of religion all the time even though both groups are against the sex industry and other types of sexual freedoms. I hope more groups who support sexual freedom will come out to combat these sexual freedom hating morons.

It would appear that there is a further threat to newspaper advertising, this time from Boris Johnson's office. See:http://www.elmbridgeguardian.co.uk/news/4463922.London_Mayor_s_office_pledges_support_for_Newsquest_s_sex_ads_ban/

It is hard to believe that moving non-internet ads from local papers, with some nous about what is likely to be honest and unforced, and into newsagents windows and phone boxes is really likely to add to the sum total of protection for wgs

It would appear that there is a further threat to newspaper advertising, this time from Boris Johnson's office. See:http://www.elmbridgeguardian.co.uk/news/4463922.London_Mayor_s_office_pledges_support_for_Newsquest_s_sex_ads_ban/

An interesting article, I wonder how such a "ban" will be enforced under current legislation? Even HH et al had enough between their ears to realise that there is no legal recourse at the moment and had to resort to "guidelines".