Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanderlust

Celebrity punters & product endorsement

6 posts in this topic

A hilarious article in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1310944/Rooneys-break-silence-JOINT-statement-describing-painful-ordeal.html

Apparently the bookies are offering bets on Rooney losing various lucrative product endorsement deals owing to his punting. The odds range from 5/1 for Coca Cola through to 16/1 for Nike. On top of this assorted paragons of virtue have been excavated to say that he 'ought' to lose them and some sponsors sound to be a bit sniffy about his recent behaviour. It's all mildly diverting but I fail to see any sense in the initial sponsorship or in the reaction

Does anyone think, 'I'll drink Coke cos' Rooney drinks it' or

'Ugh, Rooney's a punter; that's put me off drinking Coke'.

Surely, you drink the stuff because you like the taste, surely or, like me, you avoid it because you don't.

I thought this post was going to have all the contact details from the WGs Rooney has shagged. I'm sure they'll get more business now that Rooney has endorsed their product!

But... every cloud has a silver lining... a whole new world of 'Celebrity Sponsorship' could be opened up!

Let's think for a bit.... I know :-

a) The London Rubber Company(Durex)

:D KY Jelly

c) Punternet

d) The Sunday Sport

... there must be loads of others - job done! :rolleyes:

A hilarious article in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1310944/Rooneys-break-silence-JOINT-statement-describing-painful-ordeal.html

Apparently the bookies are offering bets on Rooney losing various lucrative product endorsement deals owing to his punting. The odds range from 5/1 for Coca Cola through to 16/1 for Nike. On top of this assorted paragons of virtue have been excavated to say that he 'ought' to lose them and some sponsors sound to be a bit sniffy about his recent behaviour. It's all mildly diverting but I fail to see any sense in the initial sponsorship or in the reaction

Reformed drug dealers :rolleyes: are the worst.

But... every cloud has a silver lining... a whole new world of 'Celebrity Sponsorship' could be opened up!

Let's think for a bit.... I know :-

a) The London Rubber Company(Durex)

:o KY Jelly

c) Punternet

d) The Sunday Sport

... there must be loads of others - job done! :D

Rayne Wooney recommends

The Rocco Forte Collection, a family of 13 highly individual hotels and resorts. Each is as individual and characterful as the country and city which inspires its design and each features a unique sense of style and ambience that awaits your discovery. Yet like any family they also share certain characteristics. Behind each individual personality you will find luxurious rooms, fine dining experiences, class-leading facilities and a dedication to providing you with the highest levels of exposure :rolleyes:

Reformed drug dealers :rolleyes: are the worst.

The Coca-Cola Corpn. wishes to advise you that their product has not contained cocaine since 1903, or thereabouts.