simplesimon

article in the guardian

15 posts in this topic

Sums it up for me -

"Now his club gives clients the chance to look at girls "far prettier than they would ever be able to marry, in front of them with their legs wide open," he says. "It's amazing." :rolleyes:

Opportunity,opportunity,opportunity.

I firmly believe that the easier you make something ( like sex ) to access the bigger the market will become and with wider experience comes familiarity and acceptance which then further increases the reach of the market.

When I was younger, the wider perception was that meeting a prositute meant kerb crawling at night,watching out for the police, trying to pick up some strange creature,who was probably foul mouthed, drunk and into drugs -- sex would be in the car or down an alleyway. This was not a product that appealed to 'mr. disposable cash , married, in suburbia '.

Now, we have the internet which makes it clear that there are very beautiful,educated girls, who are so professional in their approach that not alone can you have sex with them but they will try to make you feel like they are your girlfriend while doing it ! Not alone that but after you have read their slick profile info and looked at a range of photos , they will travel to you for this experience or invite you to the comfort of their own pad . Different world.!

Ease and Opportunity -- Access to these girls is so easy, that you dont have to get your ass out of the couch in the hotel bedroom,except to shower before she arrives.! If you want a bird before breakfast,no prob--- at midnight,no prob--- in fact the opportunity is there pretty much 24/7. Business, leisure trips away -- no crawling around seedy parts of an unknown city if you dont want -- it is all easily arranged and can be done in advance.

People can get used to most things. The more they or their friends do something and its talked about the more 'ordinary and accepptable ' it becomes and attitude become lax and the market grows bringing in more people.Men like sex,men are distracted by it. The easier you make it for them, the more they will do it. The more difficult you make it,the more ' outta sight outta mind ' will result.

We live in a materialist society. Lets face it , a stunning educated girl will be expected to' marry well'. Yes, everyone wants her to marry for love, but fgs try and love a guy who has real career prospects and earning power ! Thats the game and the lads know it. We dont like it but we know it. Distill it down to its basics. Perfect Girl A will seek the male provider,the career prospect, the cash. I suggest that many WGs could identify girls that they know in civvy street who have,in one way or another, sold themselves into a marriage relationship and stay there, for cash. Certainly,as guys we could all point to examples of this. WGs sell themselves and I would suggest that many believe that their is little or no difference between their approach and that of Perfect Girl A above -- its just a different way.

Accordingly, and I hope I speak for the majority of men who see WGs, men understand the rules, accept what the WG does and treats her with no less respect then he would when meeting Perfect Girl. Of all the secorts I have seen, the vast majority have not been strange creatures at all but in fact come across as being lovely girls . Its more the women in civvy street have the problem the WGs - not us.

One of the quotes in the article was from the " Fittest Polish Girl " thread, on the Information Board. I bet Ghenghis69 didn't realise where it would materialise when he posted.

indeed it was,amusing to read what i had said!

Are you Peter Stringfellow?

Girls are becoming more open to showing off and using their bodies too. I've seen loads of camwhores who like to get their bits out on cam for nothing other than the fun of it.

Showing a tendency to use politically correct 'framing' language like using and exploiting, but overall a reasonable piece.

Well you can't get away from the fact that exploitation exists in the sex industry, so I don't see the problem with Gentleman's choice of words.

In fact, it's a well written, balanced article which is what I've come to expect from her. :eek:

B

Well, the emotive framing language seemed to work on you. You focused on the allegation that prostitution is routinely exploitative, and not on the articles balance or framing. (More framing language below).

"Women for sale"

"Using prostitutes"

"use of a prostitute"

(prostitution is a)"lesser evil"

"men who have used prostitutes"

"Speaking openly about using prostitutes"

"illegal sale of sex in massage parlours"

"part of that exploitation"

"buy or sell women's bodies"

It is an improvement over what we've come to expect but falls quite short of being "well written". It reproduces a number of discredited claims such as drug abuse, PTSD etc.

"suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder"

"Most of Britain's prostitutes are drug users"

(prostitutes are) "girls who grew up in care"

(prostitutes are) "women who are very vulnerable"

Well, the emotive framing language seemed to work on you. You focused on the allegation that prostitution is routinely exploitative, and not on the articles balance or framing. (More framing language below).

"Women for sale"

"Using prostitutes"

"use of a prostitute"

(prostitution is a)"lesser evil"

"men who have used prostitutes"

"Speaking openly about using prostitutes"

"illegal sale of sex in massage parlours"

"part of that exploitation"

"buy or sell women's bodies"

I'm afraid I pretty much totally disagree with your interpretation as you are taking the majority of quotes out of context.

I don't really have a problem with the majority of the above. A phrase like 'using prostitutes' is simply a contraction (e.g. 'men who use the services of prostitutes'). Gentleman could have used 'see' but that would be far from the mark.

Some of the other examples cited above are either direct or indirect quotes from opponents of the sex industry (e.g. 'buy or sell women's bodies') or are from people trying to distance their part of the sex industry from prostitution (e.g 'illegal sale of sex in massage parlours' in contrast to 'legit' lap dancing clubs).

(The use of 'Women for sale' can't be blamed on Gentleman, either. That would prolly be the decision of a copy editor.)

It is an improvement over what we've come to expect but falls quite short of being "well written". It reproduces a number of discredited claims such as drug abuse, PTSD etc.

"suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder"

"Most of Britain's prostitutes are drug users"

(prostitutes are) "girls who grew up in care"

(prostitutes are) "women who are very vulnerable"

Again, the above are associated with anti-prostitution campaigners. That is quite obvious from the article (my emphasis):

Most of Britain's prostitutes are drug users, girls who grew up in care, women who are very vulnerable, and who are passing a large amount of the money they receive on to the men who run them, campaigners stress; women who have more in common with the profile of the five sex workers who were murdered in Ipswich in 2006.

So I reiterate, a balanced, well presented and relatively non-judgmental, non-ideological article.

B

Now, we have the internet which makes it clear that there are very beautiful,educated girls, who are so professional in their approach that not alone can you have sex with them but they will try to make you feel like they are your girlfriend while doing it ! Not alone that but after you have read their slick profile info and looked at a range of photos , they will travel to you for this experience or invite you to the comfort of their own pad . Different world.!

Ease and Opportunity -- Access to these girls is so easy, that you dont have to get your ass out of the couch in the hotel bedroom,except to shower before she arrives.! If you want a bird before breakfast,no prob--- at midnight,no prob--- in fact the opportunity is there pretty much 24/7. Business, leisure trips away -- no crawling around seedy parts of an unknown city if you dont want -- it is all easily arranged and can be done in advance.

In short, Paradise on Earth!:eek:

Opportunity,opportunity,opportunity.

I firmly believe that the easier you make something ( like sex ) to access the bigger the market will become and with wider experience comes familiarity and acceptance which then further increases the reach of the market.

When I was younger, the wider perception was that meeting a prositute meant kerb crawling at night,watching out for the police, trying to pick up some strange creature,who was probably foul mouthed, drunk and into drugs -- sex would be in the car or down an alleyway. This was not a product that appealed to 'mr. disposable cash , married, in suburbia '.

People can get used to most things. The more they or their friends do something and its talked about the more 'ordinary and accepptable ' it becomes and attitude become lax and the market grows bringing in more people.Men like sex,men are distracted by it. The easier you make it for them, the more they will do it. The more difficult you make it,the more ' outta sight outta mind ' will result.

We live in a materialist society. Lets face it , a stunning educated girl will be expected to' marry well'. Yes, everyone wants her to marry for love, but fgs try and love a guy who has real career prospects and earning power ! Thats the game and the lads know it. We dont like it but we know it. Distill it down to its basics. Perfect Girl A will seek the male provider,the career prospect, the cash. I suggest that many WGs could identify girls that they know in civvy street who have,in one way or another, sold themselves into a marriage relationship and stay there, for cash. Certainly,as guys we could all point to examples of this. WGs sell themselves and I would suggest that many believe that their is little or no difference between their approach and that of Perfect Girl A above -- its just a different way.

Accordingly, and I hope I speak for the majority of men who see WGs, men understand the rules, accept what the WG does and treats her with no less respect then he would when meeting Perfect Girl. Of all the secorts I have seen, the vast majority have not been strange creatures at all but in fact come across as being lovely girls . Its more the women in civvy street have the problem the WGs - not us.

nice post !