wanderlust

I'm sorry....

Why are these girls apologising?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Why are these girls apologising?

• Being WGs in the first place
    • Having sex with Rooney
    • Having sold their story
    • Because the papers said they'd pay extra if they did so

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

I'm guessing it's just a PR stunt by them or by the papers.

They wanted to be famous, but they are getting more of a blacklash and are probably trying to salvage something, or just stoke the fire a bit more and get more publicity to stop the story going stale.

Might also be for their own parents too. I believe they were quite upset about the publicity and having journalists hounding them and they were the first to appologise for their daughters actions.

I love the irony in the girls asking now for for privacy, and saying that it has been a painful time for them and their families ...

... perhaps they didn't anticipate the media consequences of the original disclosure to the papers.

I love the irony in the girls asking now for for privacy, and saying that it has been a painful time for them and their families ...

... perhaps they didn't anticipate the media consequences of the original disclosure to the papers.

They need also consider the next steps:

Paper has given them, say, £50,000

Paper has reported this to HMRC as, by law, it must.

This alerts HMRC also to earnings ex Rooney (6 x £1200) and probably gives HMRC an exaggerated idea of girl's normal eranings

Paper then tells girl that she might have a tax problem, or HMRC does

Paper then says 'we can help-- what about the really juicy bits you missed out?' There's be another £10,000, less tax, of course...

More papers are sold.

They need also consider the next steps:

Paper has given them, say, £50,000

Paper has reported this to HMRC as, by law, it must.

This alerts HMRC also to earnings ex Rooney (6 x £1200) and probably gives HMRC an exaggerated idea of girl's normal earnings

Paper then tells girl that she might have a tax problem, or HMRC does

Paper then says 'we can help-- what about the really juicy bits you missed out?' There's be another £10,000, less tax, of course...

More papers are sold.

When you open a can of worms :eek::eek:

The likes of Rooney or anyone with a high public profile have agents and damage limitation plans. The only damage limitation these girls have is monetary cushioning. The story will fade in a few days as will the money. Their 2 minuets of fame wont even get them a supermarket opening. I can understand publicity to further your career but to destroy it and drag so many innocent people into you fame seeking circus is unforgivable. No though was given to this at all and the lesson here is clear.

GET AN AGENT:D:D

When you open a can of worms :eek:

The likes of Rooney or anyone with a high public profile have agents and damage limitation plans. The only damage limitation these girls have is monetary cushioning. The story will fade in a few days as will the money. Their 2 minuets of fame wont even get them a supermarket opening. I can understand publicity to further your career but to destroy it and drag so many innocent people into you fame seeking circus is unforgivable. No though was given to this at all and the lesson here is clear.

GET AN AGENT:D:D

silly cows got what they deserved :D:D:D

I would be very surprised if Mrs Rooney wasn't aware of his antics but it is somewhat hypocritical of them to go public for money and then apologise. Just a couple of slappers wanting the big time, not getting it and in the process being treated like a couple of slappers. Rooney must have upset them or they've been relegated to Blackpool or even Accrington Stanley players.

I would be very surprised if Mrs Rooney wasn't aware of his antics but it is somewhat hypocritical of them to go public for money and then apologise. Just a couple of slappers wanting the big time, not getting it and in the process being treated like a couple of slappers. Rooney must have upset them or they've been relegated to Blackpool or even Accrington Stanley players.

Nout wrong with Accy Stan

Exactly - now where is my pint of milk>

I know why they said they were sorry.

Firstly, the papers one can only assume paid them to say sorry..... they wouldn't have done this in the first place... sold the story I mean. To get caught is one thing... but to turn around to a Sunday paper and say 'I'm a WG and I slept with Wayne Rooney...' *holds out hand*.

These are girls who have no class, they stalk all the 'footballer hotspots' in the hopes of bagging themselves the WAG lifestyle. So to get it, she sleeps with a world famous, married footballer and decides to make thousands by spilling the beans on her 'realtionship' with him.

I know many of my clients are married and still very deeply in love with their wives but due to one thing or another the sex just isn't there. However hand on heart I would never ever discuss what happens behind closed doors with anyone.

None the less, Karma will come back to bite him and her in the ass someday :D

The NOTW will have thought this through before hand. They will be looking for a series of stories week after week to get the maximum mileage (or sales) out of one story.

Who knows next week - pregnancy? Abortion? They will get this to run as long as possible.

The NOTW are prepare to stoop to any levels and probably only ever encourage the girls - bet the question - "Are you sure you want to do this"? never even entered their heads let alone passed their lips!

The only people who need to say sorry.................are the assholes who buy the paper and those who play at being journalists.

So if you've bought this rag and added to Rupert Murdochs pile then shame on you................

Not Rooney....not the girls who prostituted themselves.....they've got nothing to be sorry about.

We are mostly hypocrites on this forum.................aren't we?

Sad but true.

S

Can anyone work out exactly what these two WGs are apologising for?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/wayne-rooney/7997355/Wayne-Rooney-prostitutes-apologise-to-Coleen.html

The wording is less that clear...

Cos the papers paid them more, they are not sorry at all but then what have they got to be sorry for? Wayne paid them to do what they do. He is the one that should be guilty and the girls are just sorryu that they have had to admit they slept with SHREK LOL :D

Cos the papers paid them more, they are not sorry at all but then what have they got to be sorry for? Wayne paid them to do what they do. He is the one that should be guilty and the girls are just sorryu that they have had to admit they slept with SHREK LOL :D

They didn't have to admit anything, surely part of the fee we pay as punters is for confidentiality, whether we're single nobody's or married millionaires. I wouldn't like to think of your bunnies hopping off to the News of the Screws and twitching their whiskers willy nilly Bunny!