Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
funky69

Make the forum more mobile-friendly ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I love this forum and would suggest the operator adding some plugins that makes the forum easy to read on mobile devices.

Tapatalk would be my first choice, because it supports iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Nokia.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Thanks for the link. I will research this and if I am satisfied that it creates no security vulnerabilities I will consider implementing it.

Thanks for the link. I will research this and if I am satisfied that it creates no security vulnerabilities I will consider implementing it.

I'd just like to second this. I got Tapatalk on my mobile and it makes using forums that support it really easy to use on the go.

Any update on this? It would be really useful.

There is already a mobile-device theme (accessible from a pulldown menu at the bottom of the page) as well as an iphone app for ip.board. What additional features did you have in mind?

works fine on my android. and there is a separate url for a non java chatroom that works on android.

There is already a mobile-device theme (accessible from a pulldown menu at the bottom of the page) as well as an iphone app for ip.board. What additional features did you have in mind?

sorry I didn't get back sooner. One of the great things about tapatalk is that it makes browsing and posting in forums even easier than the mobile theme.

It's the privacy it brings that interests me. Right now I dread when people pick up my phone to try it out, if they go into the browser then they could easily see punternet in my history. Also I don't want emails from punternet notifications ending up in my email client which means I have to check the site more often to see if topics I follow or private messages have been replied to.

Tapatalk takes all of this away, no more browser history and it can automatically check the forum for updates and give you a notification on the phone when you have a reply.

I use it for other forums I use and it really makes life a lot easier.