James Bond

The New HTC HD Desire

7 posts in this topic

Meet the HTC Desire HD, Desire Z, new HTC Sense ... See it here

Move over iphone ... more than a match ... :)

What would you base that on? I'm thinking of upgrading my phone to a top end smartphone and although I'm not a big fan of Apple I am thinking of getting an iphone 4 although had thought about the HTC Desire.

Going to switch over to Desire HD when my contract with vodaphone's iPhone 3GS ends.

hmm my contact ends in Dec and I want to finally join the smartphone gang.

Cant make my mind up between the iPhone or a HTC I have had the opportunity to have a fairly long play with the iPhone and its impressive.

Now this has come out I may need to get myself to the shops to try the desire now as its looks to be just as good.

What would you base that on? I'm thinking of upgrading my phone to a top end smartphone and although I'm not a big fan of Apple I am thinking of getting an iphone 4 although had thought about the HTC Desire.

For a starter try replacing the battery on the Iphone ... back to Apple and be without it £65 ...

HTC ... easy ... £25 DIY about 10 seconds ... ;) take a spare one with you .. :rolleyes:

The HD Desire looks good, but the internal storage is 1.5 GB (compared with the iPhone's 8, 16, or 32 GB). The ordinary HTC Desire has on oonly 576 MB of internal storage, much of which is taken up already when you get it, so you only have about 140 MB or so free.

This means that if you like to put lots of apps on your phone, the ordinary Desire soon runs out of space, and the HD Desire may do the same eventually. Some apps can be moved to the SD card memory, but many can't. And in my experience, even when you move an app to the SD card, it leaves a MB or two on the internal memory, so you still risk running out of space.

You will find loads of forum messages complaining that people have run out of space on their Desires, and I won't be surprised if this happens with the HD Desire too.

If you like apps you need lots of storage. An iPhone, a Samsung Omnia (16 GB I think), an HTC HD7 (Windows Phone 7 OS) has 16 I think, but not sure if it's internal or on a memory card.

Hope this helps

The HD Desire looks good, but the internal storage is 1.5 GB (compared with the iPhone's 8, 16, or 32 GB). The ordinary HTC Desire has on oonly 576 MB of internal storage, much of which is taken up already when you get it, so you only have about 140 MB or so free.

This means that if you like to put lots of apps on your phone, the ordinary Desire soon runs out of space, and the HD Desire may do the same eventually. Some apps can be moved to the SD card memory, but many can't. And in my experience, even when you move an app to the SD card, it leaves a MB or two on the internal memory, so you still risk running out of space.

You will find loads of forum messages complaining that people have run out of space on their Desires, and I won't be surprised if this happens with the HD Desire too.

If you like apps you need lots of storage. An iPhone, a Samsung Omnia (16 GB I think), an HTC HD7 (Windows Phone 7 OS) has 16 I think, but not sure if it's internal or on a memory card.

Hope this helps

Internal memory on the Desire is painfully small but just how many apps does one want? Generally when space is low I delete ones that I haven't used and try out others. Wish there was an easy way to delete the pre installed apps by Orange, seems for now despite having received many customer complaints the only way to get rid of them is to Root your phone, not something I've done before and rather apprehensive to do so.

Edited by Tarquin