Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
profman

n.exe

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about the program n.exe? A window pops up to say n is closing when I shut down my laptop. I have googled for info on it but can't make head nor tail of most of what I find. And nothing is picked up by my av program. Nor does it appear as a program that is running when I check on task manager. As you will have surmised, I am no techie. Plain English replies, please!

Anyone know anything about the program n.exe? A window pops up to say n is closing when I shut down my laptop. I have googled for info on it but can't make head nor tail of most of what I find. And nothing is picked up by my av program. Nor does it appear as a program that is running when I check on task manager. As you will have surmised, I am no techie. Plain English replies, please!

n.exe, looks like trojan(malicious software, which like the trojan horse pretends to be a free gift). Malicious programs usually hide themselves from the task manager. If you AV software is not picking it up, you need better/more upto date AV software.

Download Advanced System Care and some of these other Safe Free AV products.

If you have access to another computer use that and save the downloads it to a flash memory or disk.

Some Malicious programs can block or disable AV programs from being re-installed. So boot the infected machine into 'Safe Mode', by pressing F8 when the computer is booting up windows.

Install the AV program and run it.

Thanks for the advice, Wyke and Mike. I do use an up to date and sophisticated av program, yet it does not spot any problems when I do a scan...

try doing a scan with the excellent MalwareBytes (scan is free)/