Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kelt

A Yanks perspective

17 posts in this topic

Good morning all,

As I am a newcomer to both these boards, and this hobby, I thought I would give somewhat of a braindump post and see what shakes out the other end.

Over the past week or so, I've read up on these boards as much as I can (work and real life permitting), to the extent that I feel a bit of familiarity with some of the posters here. I must say, you are a motley crew. I don't think I have met a bigger bunch of hedonists yet in my life. (Incidentally, you are my kind of people :) )

To the punters, by the very nature of the hobby, you tend to live life to it's fullest, as much as money and discretion (and sometimes erection!) allows. The majority of those whose postings I have read seem to be nice, well adjusted dudes like myself who know what they want, and are doing what needs to be done to get it.

To the puntee's (or ladies, WG's et. al. if you prefer, though I think puntee might be grammatically correct in that the former is called punters), I must admit I didn't know what to make of the situation at first.

As a preface, you must understand what we in America are exposed to as far as the profession. A decent portion of the women (Yes, I know, not all) here that engage in it are on or use some kind of substance. It's usually they start using and get into the business to support a habit, or they get in to business for other reasons and then use drugs to cope with the choice they made. (Incidentally, as much as I love my country, we are a damned puritanical society). This brings me back around to the providers here.

Ladies, you are a breath of fresh air. Unlike most of the drivel on the 'Net today, I have been fortunate enough to have read some very real conversations thus far.

There have been times when the writings of some of the women here have had be damn near in convulsions I've been laughing so hard. In others, we (collectively Men) have been given a nice reality check. Not overly harsh, but enough to take the wind out of our sails and let us know that we are, in fact, not the masters of the universe. Lastly, there have been times that I've been so infuriated that I had to walk away from the monitor (I'll be specific here. Pretty much everything that I've read under the "Dangerous Punter Warnings". That shit really gets my ire up.)

Ladies, you are both enlightening and enriching. Please keep it up.

Hmm, now turnabout being fair play, I think under quid pro quo I should give you a bit about myself (if for any other reason so that you might know where I'm coming from in my future posts).

I'm a white american (I'm not going through every nationality in me, suffice to say I'm mostly Scots-Irish and Italian), early 30s, single (now after a long relationship) with no kids. I live in New Jersey not far from Philadelphia. I served in the Army and have been around the world because of it.

Best regards,

Kelt

P.S.

Ladies, even though I stated that the US is mostly retarded when it comes to sex, rest assured I refuse to judge anyone because of what they choose to do. It's your freedom to do so and anyone that tries to badmouth you for it can get bent. Due to my service, I've been to some bad places and have seen some worse shit. If the "worst" thing you did today is give someone an orgasm, I think you are far ahead of the game. My hat's off to you.

Actually the worst thing I've done today, is to forget to get cat food yesterday, now I have cats that are following me around the house until I pop up to Tesco.... Bad Bad Cat Owner :)

Welcome to the board Yank :eek:

As a preface, you must understand what we in America are exposed to as far as the profession. A decent portion of the women (Yes, I know, not all) here that engage in it are on or use some kind of substance. It's usually they start using and get into the business to support a habit, or they get in to business for other reasons and then use drugs to cope with the choice they made. (Incidentally, as much as I love my country, we are a damned puritanical society)

As one Yank to another - although, in my case a London resident for over 30 years - I enjoyed reading your assessment of this forum and its colorful (letter 'u' intentionally omitted) contributors. You probably have not paid too much attention to the 'Legalities and Legislation' board, though. If you had, you would have noticed numerous reports of gross errors in data collection, interpretation and hyperbole made by the British media and agenda-driven politicians that have lead the vast majority of Brits making the similar assumptions here to those you have about the US, as quoted above, about the numbers, circumstances and motivating factors of prostitutes there. (Faulkner would have been impressed with the length of that sentence, if not the punctuation). Any minor quantitative or qualitative differences can only be traced to the overpowering influence of talk radio (thank you, Rush) and ultra-right media (thank you, Rupert Fox) in the US, and if they turn on our hobby, all is really lost there. Fortunately, common sense still prevails most of the time here. If you want to get well and truly (and properly) serviced by the by the best multicultural sexual service providers in the world, Come see us, y'all hear?:)

Actually the worst thing I've done today, is to forget to get cat food yesterday, now I have cats that are following me around the house until I pop up to Tesco.... Bad Bad Cat Owner :eek:

Welcome to the board Yank :)

At last, someone here confesses to running a 'cat house' (good Yank expression)!:)

Actually the worst thing I've done today, is to forget to get cat food yesterday, now I have cats that are following me around the house until I pop up to Tesco.... Bad Bad Cat Owner :)

Welcome to the board Yank :eek:

You realy should look after your pussy better than that:D

Well for all my protestations to the latter, today i have proudly upheld the stereotype of the lazy wg.lol. I have literally just got out of bed.x

Welcome to the board and it is nice to read something posative about pnet.

As one yank to another... welcome. Glad to see someone who likes to say positive things instead of only pointing out all the negative.

Its so nice to meet other yanks.... if its here on boards or in the West Midlands LOL:p

Are you going to try and get into our knickers with promises of nylons and chewing gum ?

Are you going to try and get into our knickers with promises of nylons and chewing gum ?
If you're Mrs D, whatever it takes! If you're Mr D, are you 'outing' yourself or is that a genuine offer?:)

Us Brit punters will be complaining next that the Yanks are oversexed, overpaid and over here! :)

I dont think the english lass,s complained too much when they were here before, just when they all went home without the babies lol.xx

Us Brit punters will be complaining next that the Yanks are oversexed, overpaid and over here! :)

As to the first, it's a byproduct of having to populate the Old West (that and we love to screw). To the second point, don't worry, the crap exchange rate will take care of that. Lastly, what can I say. That accent drives me nuts.

The only regret that I have of being on and reading this forum is that I cannot share many of the views and comments with my wife, friends or relatives.

I am a member and contributor to a few other forums where posts drift off topic, but rarely find that the views are as enlightening, open and interesting as on forum.

There are 3 contributors to this forum, both ladies providing services and I consider them friends, and I have read and had many enlightening chats with them.

Perhaps the press should be forced to read this forum?

Good morning all,

As I am a newcomer to both these boards, and this hobby, I thought I would give somewhat of a braindump post and see what shakes out the other end.

Over the past week or so, I've read up on these boards as much as I can (work and real life permitting), to the extent that I feel a bit of familiarity with some of the posters here. I must say, you are a motley crew. I don't think I have met a bigger bunch of hedonists yet in my life. (Incidentally, you are my kind of people :rolleyes: )

To the punters, by the very nature of the hobby, you tend to live life to it's fullest, as much as money and discretion (and sometimes erection!) allows. The majority of those whose postings I have read seem to be nice, well adjusted dudes like myself who know what they want, and are doing what needs to be done to get it.

To the puntee's (or ladies, WG's et. al. if you prefer, though I think puntee might be grammatically correct in that the former is called punters), I must admit I didn't know what to make of the situation at first.

As a preface, you must understand what we in America are exposed to as far as the profession. A decent portion of the women (Yes, I know, not all) here that engage in it are on or use some kind of substance. It's usually they start using and get into the business to support a habit, or they get in to business for other reasons and then use drugs to cope with the choice they made. (Incidentally, as much as I love my country, we are a damned puritanical society). This brings me back around to the providers here.

Ladies, you are a breath of fresh air. Unlike most of the drivel on the 'Net today, I have been fortunate enough to have read some very real conversations thus far.

There have been times when the writings of some of the women here have had be damn near in convulsions I've been laughing so hard. In others, we (collectively Men) have been given a nice reality check. Not overly harsh, but enough to take the wind out of our sails and let us know that we are, in fact, not the masters of the universe. Lastly, there have been times that I've been so infuriated that I had to walk away from the monitor (I'll be specific here. Pretty much everything that I've read under the "Dangerous Punter Warnings". That shit really gets my ire up.)

Ladies, you are both enlightening and enriching. Please keep it up.

Hmm, now turnabout being fair play, I think under quid pro quo I should give you a bit about myself (if for any other reason so that you might know where I'm coming from in my future posts).

I'm a white american (I'm not going through every nationality in me, suffice to say I'm mostly Scots-Irish and Italian), early 30s, single (now after a long relationship) with no kids. I live in New Jersey not far from Philadelphia. I served in the Army and have been around the world because of it.

Best regards,

Kelt

P.S.

Ladies, even though I stated that the US is mostly retarded when it comes to sex, rest assured I refuse to judge anyone because of what they choose to do. It's your freedom to do so and anyone that tries to badmouth you for it can get bent. Due to my service, I've been to some bad places and have seen some worse shit. If the "worst" thing you did today is give someone an orgasm, I think you are far ahead of the game. My hat's off to you.

Hello Kelt,

I have never punted in the States --- some of my pals have and it has been a disaster -- really unprofessional and a rip off. In such a multi-cultural society and the 'land of the free ' , it is difficult to understand why having paid sex is poses such a problem ? I doubt if you are all in monogamous relationships either! Is your average joe soap genuinely against the idea of punting ?

hope you have a good tim Kelte , so bud were in the UK are you ?

and good on you in geting some time in ! hats off to you

Hello Kelt,

I have never punted in the States --- some of my pals have and it has been a disaster -- really unprofessional and a rip off. In such a multi-cultural society and the 'land of the free ' , it is difficult to understand why having paid sex is poses such a problem ? I doubt if you are all in monogamous relationships either! Is your average joe soap genuinely against the idea of punting ?

I would imagine that it's one of the downsides of the illegal status of the profession in the States. By having providers in an illegal position, there is no real incentive for professional pride. The women who usually provide over here are in it to fund a drug habit, or turn to drugs eventually because society tells them that what they are doing it wrong.

As to the attitude of the populace.. well things get a bit more problematic there. The beginning problem is that we were founded initially by Puritans. Don't get me wrong. The far religious Right are just as bad as the Liberal Left in this country. Those that are religious (Ahem, all religions as far as I'm aware do not condone this, so all of them are included, not just Christian) are against it on "moral" grounds. The Left on the other hand would, due to the enormous costs of their social programs, would end up literally taxing a WGs ass to death ( :rolleyes: pun intended).

It also depends upon which sex you are asking. Maybe, since power and sex are usually intertwined, women don't like giving up the power. Men will do a lot of dumb shit to weasel our way into a pair of panties. If a man can go to a WG, a lot of the power to make him do said dumb shit is negated.

From a mans perspective, it's wholly possible that those opposed to it (which is fewer than you might think, no matter what they say) do so because of the feelings they might get either from actually visiting one, or having thought about visiting one. The inadequacy stems from the thought that "I am a man. I shouldn't have to pay for this. If I pay for this, then that means I couldn't get it on my own. Poor saps. What they fail to realize is that if you're married or dating, you're paying for it one way or the other. It's just semantics.

I hope I made some sense there. Running on a couple of hours of sleep and trying to formulate decent lines of logic don't really mix.

Kelt

Sites like this one, while they exist, have to be careful when referencing providers as far as location as they don't want to feed Uncle LEO.

I'm not in the UK. I stumbled across these boards (very roundabout I might add) while planning walking across the North. I started reading them and noticed that while I thought this was strictly for mongers only ( the equivalent American term for punter) I then saw that a great number of Providers also posted. After getting to know some of them (albeit one-sidedly) through their postings, my trip planning has been changed to "While still walking Hadrian's Wall, how many of these women could I see."

So.. the planning continues.