Kelt

Safety concerns and a bit of clarification

63 posts in this topic

Good evening all,

As I mentioned in a previous post, the entries in the "Dangerous Punter" category really got / are still getting under my skin. There are a couple of areas that I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around, and so I need more information that's specific to the UK.

In the same previous post, I stated the fact that I served in the Army. One of the concepts that they teach you is that whenever you're going outside of your post, you always take a battle-buddy with you. In peace time, this is typically the guy that's going to either talk you out of doing dumb shit, or, once you've done the dumb shit and gotten caught, get you out of whatever trouble you find you're now in (usually from a law enforcement angle).

Now, my understanding is that, according to British law on this subject (prostitution), you can't really work as a cohesive group in the same place as that now constitutes a "brothel". Am I understanding this correctly? It seems to me that you are being deprived of a safety net of sorts.

Yes, before you say it, I understand that women can employ drivers/boyfriends/whomever to who they can call, or rather they can also have designated check-in times via phone. I still say there is security in numbers.

My second piece of fuzzy information is firearms in the UK. Are weapons illegal, even in your own residence? Do you have concealed carry laws there that enable you to license yourself to carry a weapon on your person?

Yes, I know. It's stereotypical of an American to resort to gun violence, but I think it was said best that "God made man. Samuel Colt made them equal". You don't have to whip out a hand-cannon on a dude, but a dainty 2 shot Derringer say, in .38 Special, has a way of giving him a dose of Act-Right. This is all for the punter whom thinks it alright to go apeshit on a woman, then not leave, or gets abusive etc.

The final one that I read was about groups of men doorstacking a woman either for the purpose of robbery or intimidation through violence. Besides the above countermeasures, the only thing I could suggest here is a controlled access portal.

External gate, foyer (small 5x5 or so standing only waiting area between doors, I don't know what you might call them in the UK), and an internal gate with intercom. Have both doors with electrically operated deadbolts and a non-recording CCTV monitoring the Foyer. Make sure that both deadbolts have positive lock indicator lights, so that some genius doesn't try the old "paper wad in the deadbolt hole" trick. Client rings, buzz in outer door. Verbal check out with the intercom then buzz the inner door.

Just my thoughts. Opinions?

Kelt

Looks like John Wayne has arrived!!.

Keep your heads down guys........ you know what these yanks are like - even when we are on the same side!

Now, my understanding is that, according to British law on this subject (prostitution), you can't really work as a cohesive group in the same place as that now constitutes a "brothel". Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes.  ‏  ‏  ‏  

If --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching me.

Are you setting yourself up as a gun for hire. Last thing we need is a gun in everyones house- look as the Swiss, or the States for that matter.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they are not watching me.

Are you setting yourself up as a gun for hire. Last thing we need is a gun in everyones house- look as the Swiss, or the States for that matter.

From what I remember a Swiss man is legally compelled to have a gun because they are considered part of the army.

(After some googling)

OK, after completing National Service they have to keep their firearm until they are 30 (34 for officers) as they are still considered part of the military, and then after that they can keep the weapon if they want (thought the fully automatic function is removed).

That is a lot of assault rifles in circulation.:rolleyes:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

I have a couple of questions:

1. When I'm on tour, do I ask the hotel to make the recommended modifications to my bedroom door when I check in, or when I book the room?

2. When I shoot the punter do I shoot to kill or just aim for the crown jewels?

3. What do I do with the body? Shove it under the bed?

1. When I'm on tour, do I ask the hotel to make the recommended modifications to my bedroom door when I check in, or when I book the room?

Just would not work Sarita, no way would we be able to clean up in time for the next client.

S x

Hire suitable scary looking heavies for the door.

Shoot to kill.

Wrap the body in fence wire and dump it at sea.

:rolleyes:

Just would not work Sarita, no way would we be able to clean up in time for the next client.

S x

Well I thought if I just pushed it out of sight I could just carry on with my bookings..surely a few wet wipes would be enough to clear up most of the mess?

Hire suitable scary looking heavies for the door.

Shoot to kill.

Wrap the body in fence wire and dump it at sea.

:rolleyes:

That could the be the answer in coastal areas. I can see problems when working in Birmingham, for example..

That could the be the answer in coastal areas. I can see problems when working in Birmingham, for example..

Road trip?

Any excuse for a Thelma & Louise style adventure.

In a hotel, I suppose the laundry chute could serve a purpose?

Road trip?

Any excuse for a Thelma & Louise style adventure.

In a hotel, I suppose the laundry chute could serve a purpose?

Now you're being silly, Amanda :rolleyes:

Now you're being silly, Amanda ;)

Moi? :rolleyes:

I'll have you know that I am the picture of seriousness and sincerity as I type. ;)

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs ..

It usually means you've failed to understand the full gravity of the situation.:rolleyes:

There is always the canal.

My second piece of fuzzy information is firearms in the UK. Are weapons illegal, even in your own residence? Do you have concealed carry laws there that enable you to license yourself to carry a weapon on your person?

Yes, I know. It's stereotypical of an American to resort to gun violence, but I think it was said best that "God made man. Samuel Colt made them equal". You don't have to whip out a hand-cannon on a dude, but a dainty 2 shot Derringer say, in .38 Special, has a way of giving him a dose of Act-Right. This is all for the punter whom thinks it alright to go apeshit on a woman, then not leave, or gets abusive etc.

Let's keep guns off the street please. Guns kill people. Knife crime in the UK is bad enough as it is.

Travis Bickle was lucky. In the UK he would have gone down for several years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCDXRTbXd2Q

There's a minimum sentence of 5 years for possession of most firearms without the appropriate licence - section 51A Firearms Act 1968 as amended by The Firearms (Sentencing) (Transitory Provisions) Order 2007.

There is always the canal.

Of course! Sorted..

The old adage that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is really rather unhelpful in certain circumstances. Generally, it is quicker and more direct to aim straight through the chest. However, I find guns and knives a little too messy although I agree wet wipes are a god send to clear away any matter of human debris.

Personally, I tend to lean more towards the rather sedate gentle English way of using a stun gun. If it is reportedly good enough for the queen to keep her rampant Corgis at bay it most certainly would do for me. Another delightful little implement is a Paslode nail gun to quickly and effortlessly restrain an overeager client to the floor. One can employ one's artistic flair for a pleasing shape. Although it tends to play havoc with floor boards...

Depending on the hotel, there tends to ample space under a good double bed to momentarily store the odd body or three underneath. For longer tours, I would agree that the laundry chute might be a good idea as after 3 days there is a chance that the room will take on a certain special fragrance. However, I find an essential oil burner with a few generous drops of Lemon Grass easily covers more pungent top notes. I would refer to Madame Pompadour's essential tips on toiletries.

As an aside, there really don't seem to be many stylish gun holsters about. For the discerning fashion conscious there ought to be a better choice of materials and colours to coordinate with ones lingerie. One rarely seems to find a chic croc leather or ostrich skin holster or carrier case for ones rifles...

Forget about firearms, they are an absolute no-no here for such purposes.

Having said that, it's not unknown for ladies to have something close at hand inside the apartment. Obviously they will not reveal it here, nor will the punter ever know in most cases. (Put my hand down the mattress once to hold on to the bed better and found what felt like a truncheon under it).

(Put my hand down the mattress once to hold on to the bed better and found what felt like a truncheon under it).

.....or a dildo.:rolleyes:

Just book another room but remember to leave a big tip for the cleaning staff .. :rolleyes:

Could ask McDonalds if they want some fresh meat?