cumandgo

Losing weight and punting.

37 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the same experience as me.?

I have not been punting now for a couple of months and I have found it much harder to control my weight. Motivation is the key to losing weight. Being 50 means that I am more conscious of weight overall, but punting makes me want to be in good physical shape and when I am punting , because I am motivated, I genuinely find it easy to say no. It nearly becomes effortless.Very little discipline is needed because the prize, the next punt, is only around the corner. Its quite scary really, how easy something becomes when you really want the prize. So, perhaps punting is good for your health.!

I wouldnt say punting alone is my motivation but female attention in general maybe?

Ive been steadily losing weight over the last few years and if not for the feel-good factor,it really has helped my stamina a lot when having a punt.

I wouldnt say punting alone is my motivation but female attention in general maybe?

Ive been steadily losing weight over the last few years and if not for the feel-good factor,it really has helped my stamina a lot when having a punt.

Have you started punting more since you and Heather divorced ? ;)

Have you started punting more since you and Heather divorced ? ;)

eh.....have I missed something? never been married...not that I can recall ;)

eh.....have I missed something? never been married...not that I can recall ;)

I deeply apologise for my stupid sense of humour ; I took one look at your username and couldn't resist. ;)

I deeply apologise for my stupid sense of humour ; I took one look at your username and couldn't resist. ;)

lol I thought it was...no worries..Im just slow today ;)

At 16 stone my weight has never been a (punting) issue for me. I've viewed punts as transactions and expect the wg to take me as they find me, physically at least.

However, at the start of this year I came very, very close to having an affair. I started swimming, paid more attention to the food I was eating and started visiting clothes shops.

For me it answered that oft asked question of whether you consider punting to be cheating. Of course I know it is and that I have been unfaithful to my wife as a punter. Yet whilst I have never felt guilty about punting I couldn't handle the pangs of guilt I felt about embarking on an affair and I ended up dropping out of a date where the other person had made it clear that her husband was away for the night and just how she saw the night playing out.

i would say that the flip side is that us girls have to stay in shape or stay true to our pictures on our website -

i did one of those milatry style boot camps in july a week of hell - execising from 6am till 9pm every day caffine free sugar free wheat and dairy free diet all week ending with a hike up a very nasty mountain in the breacon beacons for 20 odd miles and i was in the lazy slow unfit group

but it did inspire me to take up running something that i always wanted to do but could not ever seem to do i went from not being able to run for the bus to running 5 miles in a week and ii have kept it up ever since ( apart from the past few days cos im in inverness and its so fucking cold im sleeping with my socks on

i would say that the flip side is that us girls have to stay in shape or stay true to our pictures on our website -

i did one of those milatry style boot camps in july a week of hell - execising from 6am till 9pm every day caffine free sugar free wheat and dairy free diet all week ending with a hike up a very nasty mountain in the breacon beacons for 20 odd miles and i was in the lazy slow unfit group

but it did inspire me to take up running something that i always wanted to do but could not ever seem to do i went from not being able to run for the bus to running 5 miles in a week and ii have kept it up ever since ( apart from the past few days cos im in inverness and its so fucking cold im sleeping with my socks on

Wow,fantastic girl--- Respect ! Being honest, would you do it again or was it really hell and it would be very difficult to face it again ? Did you feel fantastic during the days after the end of the week ?

At 16 stone my weight has never been a (punting) issue for me. I've viewed punts as transactions and expect the wg to take me as they find me, physically at least.

However, at the start of this year I came very, very close to having an affair. I started swimming, paid more attention to the food I was eating and started visiting clothes shops.

For me it answered that oft asked question of whether you consider punting to be cheating. Of course I know it is and that I have been unfaithful to my wife as a punter. Yet whilst I have never felt guilty about punting I couldn't handle the pangs of guilt I felt about embarking on an affair and I ended up dropping out of a date where the other person had made it clear that her husband was away for the night and just how she saw the night playing out.

Probably a smart move. In the long run it could cost you a lot more than a few punts anyway.

Hell, forget about the long run, even the short term can be expensive. Once you add up the cost of all those candlelit dinners, hotel rooms and expensive gym to keep that weight down, you'll be way over what you are spending now ;).

I have not been punting now for a couple of months and I have found it much harder to control my weight. Motivation is the key to losing weight. Being 50 means that I am more conscious of weight overall, but punting makes me want to be in good physical shape and when I am punting , because I am motivated, I genuinely find it easy to say no. It nearly becomes effortless.Very little discipline is needed because the prize, the next punt, is only around the corner. Its quite scary really, how easy something becomes when you really want the prize. So, perhaps punting is good for your health.!

No perhaps about it, it is very good for you and especially if otherwise you would have a relatively sex free life. They reckon sex is very good for you and having regular sex can increase your life expectancy. I've found a site that says there are at least 10 good reasons, which are listed as:

1. Stress relief

2. Calorie burning

3. Boosts immunity

4. Sex Improves Cardiovascular Health

5. Sex boosts self esteem

6. Sex improves intimacy

7. Reduces pain

8. Reduces risk of prostrate cancer

9. Strenghens pelvic floor muscles

10. Helps you sleep better

So there you go, it's all good!

I don't have a weight problem (6' 1" and 12 stone 10lbs) but when people ask me how I keep in trim, I am often tempted to say, horizontal gymnastics!

opposite of me...i'm trying to put on weight. Motivation I use is I will see a WG once i reach the weight and muscle mass I'm happy with, which knowing me is long way away yet.

honest it was absolute hell -the only good thing was that it was fabulous weather for the whole week but

the group started at 26 and there was only 15 i think left at teh end of the week

we had to run miles with a army medical streacher with 3 tyres on it every day and if one of our group was late or chatting we had to do it twice ( i took a picture of the stretcher and its on my fridge to remind me of hell )

would i do it again i honestly dont know- it was a cross between private benjiman and mr bean adventures most time

i dont think i ever swore so much in my life and we girls used to cheer each other on if we had a number 2 constipation was rife we wernt alllowed no mobile apart from an hour in the evening and we were to knackerd to even text home we had ice baths boxing every day running every day walking for 2-3 hours every evening and each day there was some new torture devised for us by the trainers it was like being at the priory rehab on some days cos most of the women were detoxing of booze and coffee and so having the shakes and throwing up and headaches

absailing and gorge walking and battle pt were things that i hated most but had to do and getting up in the morning at 5 am to run was no joke

but im def fitter than i was before on holiday recently i was running every morning for 3 miles along the beach in 38 degrees plus and thats after a heavy night out as well something i could never have done before and im even running when im touring went running today in inverness but its so fucking cold up here i need to wrap up really warm them im baking hot

its was more of a i can do it kind of thing in the end - its amazing how much shit we eat and dont really need and how much your body can do on very little

Wow,fantastic girl--- Respect ! Being honest, would you do it again or was it really hell and it would be very difficult to face it again ? Did you feel fantastic during the days after the end of the week ?

Strange you should say that as Ive been thinking the same thing.

I try and keep in shape, run every day, watch what I eat, check the scales,....Im not overweight BTW

Up until that point on a punt where I'm naked and DFKing a stunning girl and then catch a glimps in the mirror. "Oh god, whose that fat bugger, looks like some dodgy photo off the other site. Oh dear god! Thats me!"

But then I try and cut down more. I know its "fluffy". (Im not sure what the def of that is anymore. But the definers have run off in a strop) . But I look at trying to impress and loose weight, get a haircut, wear my best shirt, trousers, shoes, just to make the best impression I can for when I turn up to a punt. I even bought clothes specially for a punt.

Is that weird?

Strange you should say that as Ive been thinking the same thing.

I try and keep in shape, run every day, watch what I eat, check the scales,....Im not overweight BTW

Up until that point on a punt where I'm naked and DFKing a stunning girl and then catch a glimps in the mirror. "Oh god, whose that fat bugger, looks like some dodgy photo off the other site. Oh dear god! Thats me!"

But then I try and cut down more. I know its "fluffy". (Im not sure what the def of that is anymore. But the definers have run off in a strop) . But I look at trying to impress and loose weight, get a haircut, wear my best shirt, trousers, shoes, just to make the best impression I can for when I turn up to a punt. I even bought clothes specially for a punt.

Is that weird?

No. I think it is self respect. You present yourself in the best way you can- what can be wrong with that ? I think men who cant be arsed making themselves presentable on a punt borders on pure arrogance.

I was away recently with a large group of people , many of my own age and older. Most of the men had gone to seed and over- weight and out of shape was a common theme. If you can keep yourself in decent shape, it counts for a lot as you get older I think.

I learned one of the men in the group books WGs and I shudder to think of what the poor girls must think when that door is opened. They deserve their fees . !!;)

I don't have a weight problem (6' 1" and 12 stone 10lbs) but when people ask me how I keep in trim, I am often tempted to say, horizontal gymnastics!

I knew there was something about you I didnt like ! ;):D How the fook do you manage that ??

B]

would i do it again i honestly dont know-

I'll take that as a definite NO then !! ;)

not sure if it is the absence of punting.

in my non-punting months, other aspects of my life (climate, environment)make me move a lot less, so I gain weight.

not sure if it is the absence of punting.

in my non-punting months, other aspects of my life (climate, environment)make me move a lot less, so I gain weight.

When I am in punting mode, other factors such as those you mention are less likely to infuence me. If I was on the hunt for a girl in civvy street,this would also give me the required motivation too. I am also conscious of keeping my weight in check now as I am trying to get the sex life with my SO back up and running.

On the punting front, when you know you are going to have to strip in front of a fit WG, that helps curb the desire to demolish a large tub of Hagen-Daz which I can do very very easily !;) [ try the belgian choc !! ]

On the punting front, when you know you are going to have to strip in front of a fit WG, that helps curb the desire to demolish a large tub of Hagen-Daz which I can do very very easily !;) [ try the belgian choc !! ]

Same here. But Ben and Jerry are on my hit list. They should hang their heads in shame..

Damn them for inventing the "Half-Baked" ice-cream. I cant walk past it without think..." hmm...well...maybe just for tonight......."

;) Kudos to you. That routine sounds horrendous - I wouldn't last five minutes. I'd moan, cry and go home. I've just finished my tour and went to the hotel gym to do 30 mins upper body workout with weights...and then I promptly 'rewarded' myself with a club sandwich, chips, hot chocolate and a cheeseboard thing from room service ;)

I think I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Same here. But Ben and Jerry are on my hit list. They should hang their heads in shame..

Damn them for inventing the "Half-Baked" ice-cream. I cant walk past it without think..." hmm...well...maybe just for tonight......."

Those bloody hippies are killing the western world !! Mind you, after a tub of 'half baked ' you will feel like you have had 4 large big mac meals !;)

I remember being on a punt with 2 pals and 3 WGs and we first went out for dinner together. One of the lad's girls -- a real stunner-- had just an apple and a glass of still water !! It gave the dinner 'date' a real business feel.;) Mind you, my lady tucked into a few german garlic sausages-- I didnt know which of them was worse ! ;)

I do a thousand abs every morning, think it helps my hard-on, but its seeing the state of my fellow punters in the lounge that is another motive.

To be honest I try and stay in shape for me and my own health, not for anyone or anything else in terms of external motivation.

I will say yes I have some vanity on how I look, but I tend to more go by the scientific measures of fitness, for example I have a resting heart rate in the low 50's, about 11% body fat off 75kg at 6ft.