Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audio

Twilights, no longer a clip joint?

19 posts in this topic

51 Rupert Street, Soho, W1 "Twilights", allegedly now a parlour/strip club?

I spoke to the rather tasty busty LDM lookalike at the door last night and she assured me it wasn't a clip joint anymore!

She ryhmed off some prices and said that all services were available, even anal with her (which made me even more doubting!).

She also said that they didn't sell drinks or have hostesses...... I wonder if they've really ditched the clip joint nonsense or just made it an even more elaborate con? :rolleyes:

I said I didn't trust her and was off to a walkup instead! :D

51 Rupert Street, Soho, W1 "Twilights", allegedly now a parlour/strip club?

I spoke to the rather tasty busty LDM lookalike at the door last night and she assured me it wasn't a clip joint anymore!

She ryhmed off some prices and said that all services were available, even anal with her (which made me even more doubting!).

She also said that they didn't sell drinks or have hostesses...... I wonder if they've really ditched the clip joint nonsense or just made it an even more elaborate con? :rolleyes:

I said I didn't trust her and was off to a walkup instead! :D

I'd bet the price of your walk-up shag that you made the right call.

I do too sadly.

Wonder why they persist with the clip joint nonsense, why not just do what the pretend they will?!?! :rolleyes:

I don't know Twilights but the general rule is to avoid Soho clubs, simply not worth the risk.

I do too sadly.

Wonder why they persist with the clip joint nonsense, why not just do what the pretend they will?!?! :rolleyes:

Because I guess they get enough money off gullible people to make it worthwhile I suppose? Isn't the normal sequence of events that you get presented with a bill (by a burly bouncer or two) for about £200 after sitting at a table with a woman for about 15 minutes with a non-alcoholic beer or similar? An honest walkup girl would have to see six or seven punters to bring that money in.

As I understand it clip joints have to tell you the truth with regards to prices, looking closely the drinks menus have the £450 hostess fee or whatever listed so you can't claim deception. So without a drinks menu she might have been telling the truth. Having said this just because it's not a classic clip joint doesn't mean that your instincts weren't right and there was some scam at work, getting offered anal sex on the street would make me wary too!

If there's someone on the door enticing you in then it's a clip joint. I know Twilights and it's always been a clip joint. Based on your description of her being a LDM lookalike I take it she was very attractive - so do you think the best way for her to make money as an attractive, English(?) girl who takes it up the arse is to stand in the doorway of a notorious clip joint waiting for a punter....me neither. The girls on the door are usually much more attractive than your average walk-up girl and usually English as opposed to EE, Asian. Scam - nothing more; quite what they'd have attempted having told you that there was no drinks or hostesses is anybody's guess. Last time I walked past there was a yellow police notice like the ones appealing for witnesses to accidents telling people that it was a clip joint. Chained to the lamp post.

It is about time the LAZY Met police shut this & other dumps like it down

I've never understood why none of the clubs in Soho that offer what they say. Any 'honest' place surely would make a killing.

Because I guess they get enough money off gullible people to make it worthwhile I suppose?

True, me and a mate were caught out by the £3 bed show a few years back. Thought it sounded a bit cheap. Thinking with our dicks I suppose :rolleyes:

I've never understood why none of the clubs in Soho that offer what they say. Any 'honest' place surely would make a killing.

Because it's Soho and there's a very high 'churn' ratio. You get tourists and lads down for the day, they go in get ripped off and don't come back. Thing is, there's another set of suckers to replace them the next night.

D.

Because it's Soho and there's a very high 'churn' ratio. You get tourists and lads down for the day, they go in get ripped off and don't come back. Thing is, there's another set of suckers to replace them the next night.

D.

Absolutely crazy that these places are rip offs. If they were real Soho would be so much better. I love walkups, but I often do 3 or 4 a day and would like a nice cheap sleazy strip club inbetween shooting my load! :rolleyes:

I was caught out in one years ago, had a (very hot) girl screaming threats at me who was pointing a pair of scissors at me! Also a big burly bloke was standing behind her waiting to do me in no doubt......

They had a price list hidden on a wall, and a video recording me to blackmail me with! They wanted over a £100 so I just made a run for it.

When I left the room I was in they'd turned out all the other lights and locked the door! Eventually managed to find another stairway which went through a disused pub and I then lifted a roller door to freedom!!!!!

Actually just thinking about that again makes me never ever want to even think about trying a slightly dubious Soho club again :D

They locked the doors? I wonder what Health & Safety would say about that. Sounds like the place is a fire hazard if you struggled that much to get out.

Had always heard about Twilights and once even walked up to the door - there was no-one on the door, but there was a small poster on the inside with some very small print highlighting extortionate prices.

Anyway, I recently watched Vice Squad and saw what a scumbag ridden place it was. When the undercover policeman got pushed into the 'waiting room' it was very uncomfortable.

Why did it take so long for the police to close it down??? How long was it operating for under the Twilights name? And does anyone know what it was before Twilights? Another clip joint or some other dwelling?

Thanks

Had always heard about Twilights and once even walked up to the door - there was no-one on the door, but there was a small poster on the inside with some very small print highlighting extortionate prices.

Anyway, I recently watched Vice Squad and saw what a scumbag ridden place it was. When the undercover policeman got pushed into the 'waiting room' it was very uncomfortable.

Why did it take so long for the police to close it down??? How long was it operating for under the Twilights name? And does anyone know what it was before Twilights? Another clip joint or some other dwelling?

Thanks

Was that the one on Vice Squad where the undercover plod went downstairs with the lady and when he said he wanted to leave a guy appeared and started to get heavy?

Thanks

The police took advantage of some new legislation that came into force last year and closed the place. It's now a legit massage place.

They closed down a few of the clip joints in the last year or two, I remember there being at least two on Great Windmill Street which are no longer there.

Was that the one on Vice Squad where the undercover plod went downstairs with the lady and when he said he wanted to leave a guy appeared and started to get heavy?

Yep, that's the one.

Yep, that's the one.

Thanks for that. Both the man and woman got put away if i recall, but what amazes me is these places are still about, i remember a bad experience i had with a mate in one where we had to basically fight our way out in the 80s.