The Dean

What the hell!?!

17 posts in this topic

I wanted to make a booking for Tuesday morning, I called Asian supermodels on Sunday, I made the booking over the phone, no problem so far……….

Called Monday evening just to confirm as I didn't want to travel all the way to London to be let down, booking was confirmed, I was told to call for the exact location on the day, that was all perfectly fine, this is how all places operate….

BUT………………………… Tuesday morning they called me to confirm the booking!

What if something had happened, for example family emergency and I couldn't make it, or if I forgot my phone at home, that could have been the end of my marriage!!!

Has this happened to anyone else, I think it is wrong for the agencies to call, especially when we are not expecting it

Discuss……..

Never happened to me, but around the day of the punt and during organising it I make sure my phone is on silent and that it is with me at all times. One needs to be very vigilant.

It's a bit unusual, a text on the morning is how most agencies would work. You would have had the phone with you at all times when you have a booking, i should hope .

Hope it went well, was it a good punt ? :(

Thats ridiculous :( What a stupid thing for them to do? Thats never happened to me!

If you ever get caught out, i.e received the call while someone was there, just say it is a wrong number, deny everything. I have the agency calling me back as I could not get through. I just say that they got the wrong number. Wifey did not suspect anything.. errm I think

I think thats a bit silly of them but in this game you need to make sure you are covered.....I assumed all agencies wld just txt but I havent punted with an agency for a while so cant say for sure

It gave me quite a shock, wasn't expecting it at all, just thinking what could of happened scares the sh*t out of me :( ........this is supposed to be fun!

Guess I'll have to think quick on my feet, and maybe have a few excuses ready, just incase.

From the perspective of the agency they must get a huge number of time wasters, perhaps a fellow punter had tried to make a booking with the girl of your choice at the time you had booked and they needed confirmation ASAP.

This just reinforces the need for you married guys to have a separate phone for punting!

This just reinforces the need for you married guys to have a separate phone for punting!

A separate phone would be something else you'd have to hide.............which, to me, would defeat the object of having one.

I'm flabbergasted that an agency would do that. Never had anyone, agency or Indie do such a thing.

If they did that without warning I'd cancel there and then and tell them why!

For me I always leave my punting phone at the office and if I want to bring it home for a weekend punt I slashed a little hole at the base of rucksack I take to work and the phone is on silent. Even if the wife decides to look in my bag she will never find it.:D:D

I wanted to make a booking for Tuesday morning, I called Asian supermodels on Sunday, I made the booking over the phone, no problem so far……….

Called Monday evening just to confirm as I didn’t want to travel all the way to London to be let down, booking was confirmed, I was told to call for the exact location on the day, that was all perfectly fine, this is how all places operate….

BUT………………………… Tuesday morning they called me to confirm the booking!

What if something had happened, for example family emergency and I couldn’t make it, or if I forgot my phone at home, that could have been the end of my marriage!!!

Has this happened to anyone else, I think it is wrong for the agencies to call, especially when we are not expecting it

Discuss……..

Why the hell are you using your personal mobile? You are on a death wish. Get a SIM. They are just £5 from ASDA with £15 credit included.

Yes, has happened to me but I said it was okay when I initially booked. I live alone and usually say its okay.

Was a text mind to my mobile not an actual call.

Only been with London agencies.

Oh and that time when Mr Divine called when I was in the shower getting ready for a booking and the girl was no longer showing. "You have to speak up Im wearing a towel!" Didnt mind as I said it was okay.

I have a burner phone that I picked up at Radioshack. Payed cash and used a false name to buy it. I keep it in my car hidden with the battery pulled.

I'm single , but with the illegality of the hobby on these shores, I'd rather pay $15 for a phone than be arrested, prosecuted, lose my job, and have my name published in the paper. Mongering over here is about the same as mongering anywhere while in a relationship. You are playing for keeps one way or the other.

Kelt

Another reccomendation for getting a punting SIM. Back in the old days I'd use the phone box round the corner from my house and not my home phone just for this type of reason. A spare SIM is much better now.

Normal or not you should have a seperate phone.

What could have broken your marriage was the fact that you used your personal phone.

I have even had WGs calling me on their "quiet" days offering special rates when I havent seen or spoke to them in months, most of them can be trusted but not ALL!

Everybody has old phones they dont use anymore lying aound at home so there shouldnt be a need to have to make an effort to "hide" it.

(hole in the bag is a brilliant idea though.....!!)

Just dont have it on unless you are alone or are expecting a callback.

In any case I assume you werent foolish enough to use your real name, so had your wife answered the phone the agency would have asked for someone else and you could played it as a "wrong number"