Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Dean

Does anyone use the chat rooms?

8 posts in this topic

I have so far never seen anyone execept the mods in the chat room, are they used by abyone on here? :D

I have so far never seen anyone execept the mods in the chat room, are they used by abyone on here? :D

Yes they are used by others, I do hope you will pop in after Compline this evening :rolleyes:

On a serious note, it is usually better as a newbie to go in when the "room" isn't too busy, most chatters will be friendly and welcoming. As a general rule diving straight in with questions like "Where precisely do you live?" or "Anyone know a good shag in SW1?" doesn't get the best response. It is a matter of developing a rapport, and that does take time and effort.

ok, thanks for the advice, maybe I am looking at the wrong times, guess it will get busy in the evenings

Yes but more so on long dark evenings or cold rainy days I think you'll find.

Yes they are used by others, I do hope you will pop in after Compline this evening :confused:

On a serious note, it is usually better as a newbie to go in when the "room" isn't too busy, most chatters will be friendly and welcoming. As a general rule diving straight in with questions like "Where precisely do you live?" or "Anyone know a good shag in SW1?" doesn't get the best response. It is a matter of developing a rapport, and that does take time and effort.

I just clicked on 'Chat Room' on this new fangled board and was expecting to just see a list of who was chatting. Instead I was thrown into the midst of it - scary!!.. I'm not sure that actually chatting to people is my thing!!

I just clicked on 'Chat Room' on this new fangled board and was expecting to just see a list of who was chatting. Instead I was thrown into the midst of it - scary!!.. I'm not sure that actually chatting to people is my thing!!

If you go to the bottom of the main page you will see a list like this one :-

User(s) active in chat room (in the past 5 minutes)

Galahad, August, bricktop, nptonguy, Tea Bag, trouncer

Dunno, I never use the chatroom but I thought I'd try everything out, and its just a blank page

If you go to the bottom of the main page you will see a list like this one :-

User(s) active in chat room (in the past 5 minutes)

Galahad, August, bricktop, nptonguy, Tea Bag, trouncer

Ah - I see. Thank you. And the active users - although no longer in alphabetical order.