Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unperson

Short Reports (art Form)

3 posts in this topic

Here's a weekend challenge. Good fit to punting even if it came from a completely different place where there was some reason for it.

The challenge is to write a report that gets all the essential information into no more than 99 characters including blanks. Report on a WG if you're a punter and vice versa. No abbreviations allowed, so no SMS language.

No need to say what punter or WG you're thinking of. Unless you absolutely have to.

I'll start the game with something from last Saturday night and Sunday. First punt with the lady concerned for 17 months. Much too long, but we're not often in the same country at the same time.

¶ Corblimey! Still recovering. Old proverb: Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

That's for a nice punt. Nasty ones are also possible. Like 3 from the same general place and background. I ought to be better at learning from experience but I'm an incurable optimist.

¶ Quite expensive with plenty of effort (all mine) for very little reward. More like a punishment.

¶ Hopeless. The lady's business model has gone pear-shaped now too. No, make that barrel-shaped.

¶ Aarggh! Never again.

Now over to you.

Here's a weekend challenge. Good fit to punting even if it came from a completely different place where there was some reason for it.

The challenge is to write a report that gets all the essential information into no more than 99 characters including blanks. Report on a WG if you're a punter and vice versa. No abbreviations allowed, so no SMS language.

No need to say what punter or WG you're thinking of. Unless you absolutely have to.

I'll start the game with something from last Saturday night and Sunday. First punt with the lady concerned for 17 months. Much too long, but we're not often in the same country at the same time.

¶ Corblimey! Still recovering. Old proverb: Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

That's for a nice punt. Nasty ones are also possible. Like 3 from the same general place and background. I ought to be better at learning from experience but I'm an incurable optimist.

¶ Quite expensive with plenty of effort (all mine) for very little reward. More like a punishment.

¶ Hopeless. The lady's business model has gone pear-shaped now too. No, make that barrel-shaped.

¶ Aarggh! Never again.

Now over to you.

!

With apologies to Oscar Wilde and Victor Hugo.

!

With apologies to Oscar Wilde and Victor Hugo.

As somebody said (dont remember who)- "I can't even find the letters to express myself, never mind words."

Still: Reports from Steve 2 not exactly fit the category of 90 characters, but not far off! :D