Pickyfellow

You Will Have To Open This Header To Know What This Is About.

do u miss hover reading?   17 members have voted

1. 1. do u miss hover reading?

• yes
    • no

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone else miss being able to hover over a header and read the opening sentence of the actual post?

Does anyone else miss being able to hover over a header and read the opening sentence of the actual post?

Queried it and G said no solution :(

When you hover over the thread title, a little icon appears just to the right of the title. Click on that...

Not the same as in the original forum -- it was far easier. :(

Well, considering that Galahad doesn't have to provide us with any kind of forum at all. I think we're doing quite well. We get a forum which is free to use. G pays for the software so that he can give us the best available and has just spent God alone knows how many hours trying to make the move from VBulletin to the current software as painless as possible.

A bit of thanks might be nice...

Well, considering that Galahad doesn't have to provide us with any kind of forum at all. I think we're doing quite well. We get a forum which is free to use. G pays for the software so that he can give us the best available and has just spent God alone knows how many hours trying to make the move from VBulletin to the current software as painless as possible.

A bit of thanks might be nice...

Oh I don't know.....perhaps there is just a little self interest in keeping the site attractive to users, therefore attracting advertisers and advertisers end targets!. :D

His work his benefit, I have no problem with that whatsoever and neither should I - or anyone! ....but benevolent benefactor burning the candle at both ends to provide a board from the goodness of his heart!

Even G would admit thats a bit of a romantic vision.

I never suggested that it was not a free forum etc. Merely agreed with the OP that I missed the feature available previously.

Oh I don't know.....perhaps there is just a little self interest in keeping the site attractive to users, therefore attracting advertisers and advertisers end targets!. :D

His work his benefit, I have no problem with that whatsoever and neither should I - or anyone! ....but benevolent benefactor burning the candle at both ends to provide a board from the goodness of his heart!

Even G would admit thats a bit of a romantic vision.

Benevolent benefactor? Christ no!

However, Galahad makes his money from the PN site, not the forum. He pays for the forum software and the chat software.

There has been a constant stream of grumping about the new software. That must be a bit disheartening.

Edited by Highland Amanda

However, Galahad makes his money from the PN site, not the forum. He pays for the forum software and the chat software.

There has been a constant stream of grumping about the new software. That must be a bit disheartening.

Thanks . Galahad, many thanks, When I first discovered this site i thought there has to be a catch somewhere. How can all this rich information be free. I think i would pay to be a member, it has certainly made punting easier and safer for me :D

However, Galahad makes his money from the PN site, not the forum.

Interestingly, or not as the case may be, I kept an eye on the SPAB during the between boards "sabbatical" and whilst I do not have access to the actual income figures I gained the distinct impression that the protracted absence of a message forum made little or no difference to the number or frequency of advertisers on the SPAB.

Thanks . Galahad, many thanks, When I first discovered this site i thought there has to be a catch somewhere. How can all this rich information be free. I think i would pay to be a member, it has certainly made punting easier and safer for me :D

Don't give G ideas like that :lol::lol:

You call it grumping I call it feedback. Actually one of the hardest things to get in buisness is honest feedback. With it you can move forward and adapt to you customers and audience. Personally I love the new layout and well done Galahad.

You call it grumping I call it feedback. Actually one of the hardest things to get in buisness is honest feedback. With it you can move forward and adapt to you customers and audience. Personally I love the new layout and well done Galahad.

I don't know. Lots of folk have pointed out things that weren't working properly. That's definitely feedback. I get the feeling that some people just don't like change. *shrugs*

I don't know. Lots of folk have pointed out things that weren't working properly. That's definitely feedback. I get the feeling that some people just don't like change. *shrugs*

I dont think its so much dont like, its more a comfort thing. When you know your way around your a lot more comfortable. it wont take long for people to get the hang of the new layout.

Some features have gone and we have gained some. So far I feel more gains than losses. I dont like the colour in the signature strips IMHO it lends to being a bit tacky in relation to the rest of the layout and can see it getting abused. Would like to see a place for my twitter on my profile as its got many unused boxes such as skype, msn etc.

This is just feedback Galahad but can you let me know when you have done it :D

I have also linked all my FR's in my about me part of my profile which should help guys realise how wonderful I am.

I dont think its so much dont like, its more a comfort thing. When you know your way around your a lot more comfortable. it wont take long for people to get the hang of the new layout.

Some features have gone and we have gained some. So far I feel more gains than losses. I dont like the colour in the signature strips IMHO it lends to being a bit tacky in relation to the rest of the layout and can see it getting abused. Would like to see a place for my twitter on my profile as its got many unused boxes such as skype, msn etc.

This is just feedback Galahad but can you let me know when you have done it :D

I have also linked all my FR's in my about me part of my profile which should help guys realise how wonderful I am.

Yeah, it's a shame we aren't allowed to link to our Twitter accounts. I know that it's to stop touting/advertising, but anyone who has ever seen my Twitter will know that I just spout random crap. It's probably more likely to put people off. :lol:

Yeah, it's a shame we aren't allowed to link to our Twitter accounts. I know that it's to stop touting/advertising, but anyone who has ever seen my Twitter will know that I just spout random crap. It's probably more likely to put people off. :lol:

I mean in our profiles not in signatures

Your options/profile/change profile information

this bit

Other Information

* AIM

* MSN

* Website URL

* Yahoo

* Jabber

* Biography A few details about yourself

* Location Where you live

* Interests Your hobbies, etc

* Occupation Your job

I dont know what AIM, ISQ or JABBER is but maybe one could be used for twitter.

I mean in our profiles not in signatures

Your options/profile/change profile information

this bit

Other Information

* AIM

* MSN

* Website URL

* Yahoo

* Jabber

* Biography A few details about yourself

* Location Where you live

* Interests Your hobbies, etc

* Occupation Your job

I dont know what AIM, ISQ or JABBER is but maybe one could be used for twitter.

ICQ is like MSN, so are the others. See, you learn sommat new every day (even if it is completely useless). Yeah, I suppose in theory, once someone has clicked on our profiles they are showing an interest, whereas the signature thing could be seen as shoving the info down people's throats.