Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Simon 101

What To Do With The Envelope?

60 posts in this topic

This may seem a little on the frivolous side, but it's a genuinely awkward issue in my experience- what to do with the envelope with the money in?

On a typical punt (not that I'm particularly experienced) I'll park up somewhere close to the WG's house / flat (I tend to see independents out of beginner's caution) and am then faced with a short walk to the lady's front door. At this point I always worry about how to carry the envelope discreetly. So far I've been putting the envelope in my back pocket but this is not ideal. A man-bag of some kind might be a solution, but metrosexual though I am I'm not quite as metrosexual as all that! The envelope is just that little bit too big for wallets too.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? Or is it just me? :D

This may seem a little on the frivolous side, but it's a genuinely awkward issue in my experience- what to do with the envelope with the money in?

On a typical punt (not that I'm particularly experienced) I'll park up somewhere close to the WG's house / flat (I tend to see independents out of beginner's caution) and am then faced with a short walk to the lady's front door. At this point I always worry about how to carry the envelope discreetly. So far I've been putting the envelope in my back pocket but this is not ideal. A man-bag of some kind might be a solution, but metrosexual though I am I'm not quite as metrosexual as all that! The envelope is just that little bit too big for wallets too.

Stuff it down the front of your tr0users, when you arrive open your flies and tell her whatever she finds in there is hers :)

S x

I've never taken an envelope and, until recently, didn't even know that was the etiquette. I mainly frequent parlours but I've seen three indies now and one agency girl and just gave each of them the cash and none of them seemed to bat an eyelid. An envelope, as you point out, could be awkward to conceal I guess. I'm much happier just carrying the loose cash in my pocket and giving it to the girl at the start of the appointment. Money's money.

Carry the envelope in your hand. Only you know its stuffed with money to pay for sexual services. You could be delivering a letter from work, a birthday card, estimate/invoice letter. Dont get to paranoid.

Carry the envelope in your hand. Only you know its stuffed with money to pay for sexual services. You could be delivering a letter from work, a birthday card, estimate/invoice letter. Dont get to paranoid.

Just stuff in in a pocket. God it's not rocket science.

I solved this problem by stopping writing "Money for Prostitute" in marker pen on the outside.

Stuff it down the front of your tr0users, when you arrive open your flies and tell her whatever she finds in there is hers :)

S x

Ooh, tempting!:D

It's a fair cop, I suppose! But discretion goes both ways, and I tend to worry if it might be indiscreet for the WG if someone visiting her is blatantly carrying an envelope. Again, probably paranoia!

Ah, but which one? To fold or not to fold? Questions to tax even Werner Von Braun, I'm sure you'll agree.

I solved this problem by stopping writing "Money for Prostitute" in marker pen on the outside.

*smacks head*

Of COURSE! Why didn't I think of that?:P

use smaller envelopes.

you can get wages envelopes from stationers that will hold notes OK and fit in a back pocket.

http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/envelopes/special-envelopes/staples-recycled-coin-envelopes/printed-wage-envelopes-108x102mm-70g-m-manilla-self-seal-50-pack

or better still, just give her the money.

Aha. I might actually do this. Thanks!

I've never taken an envelope and, until recently, didn't even know that was the etiquette. I mainly frequent parlours but I've seen three indies now and one agency girl and just gave each of them the cash and none of them seemed to bat an eyelid. An envelope, as you point out, could be awkward to conceal I guess. I'm much happier just carrying the loose cash in my pocket and giving it to the girl at the start of the appointment. Money's money.

Crumbs. I've never used an envelope either. :unsure: Have I been making massive faux pas up till now? I've just had the right money folded neatly in a back pocket.

ROFL :lol: You'll be saying next that my technique of always wearing dark glasses, trilby + long trench coat and my insistence on keeping to the shadows as I walk to the front door is the wrong thing to do as well. ;)

... discretion goes both ways, and I tend to worry if it might be indiscreet for the WG if someone visiting her is blatantly carrying an envelope.

You're right to worry. In all my 37 years , I've never ONCE come across a person using an envelope for any other purpose except paying a prostitute.

Must be why that bloke in a Royal Mail t-shirt that wanders the streets round here always looks so tired.

On my (rare) occasions when I've punted, I've worked out how much I need, and put it in my shirt pocket, as opposed the rest of my cash, keys, et al in a trouser pocket - that way I can hand over cash with a minimum of fuss.

You're right to worry. In all my 37 years , I've never ONCE come across a person using an envelope for any other purpose except paying a prostitute.

Must be why that bloke in a Royal Mail t-shirt that wanders the streets round here always looks so tired.

He's tired because he always rings twice......

ROFL :lol: You'll be saying next that my technique of always wearing dark glasses, trilby + long trench coat and my insistence on keeping to the shadows as I walk to the front door is the wrong thing to do as well. ;)

I love your username. You clearly know where your towel is.:D

But that's it! Always dress like a postman whilst punting. Sorted.

That made me laugh as I had a client doing exactly that some years ago! Stood out like a sore thumb he did :lol:

Wow! There's a shop near me that sells them in packs of 100. I can't see how anyone would have that much energy!

I love your username. You clearly know where your towel is.:D

Yup, and I have a rather large office. ;)

But that's it! Always dress like a postman whilst punting. Sorted

But you'll need to adopt a scruffy unshaven appearance and drop red rubber bands all over the path. Watch out for hostile dogs.

Always pay by cheque...all WG's take cheques ;)

That made me laugh as I had a client doing exactly that some years ago! Stood out like a sore thumb he did :lol:

:D glad you liked it. A similar thing happened to me a few years ago when an incall venue was having a terrible time dealing with delayed clients (3 motorways jammed). There I was ambling along, window shopping & killing time till my delayed appointment when I saw a man marching away from the direction of the apartment with giant mirrored Oakley ski/sports glasses on on a cloudy day. Quickly looking around to see who's watching him. :lol: I had to work really hard not to laugh or show a smile.

Ive never used an envelope in punting,cash comes out the wallet and straight into the girls hand.In the same way im not going to walk in with shades and a baseball cap on....lol all these small things only serve to make you stand out more etc

I also wasnt aware that an enevelope for the cash was the norm when punting?

And then of course what do said ladies do with all thes eenvelopes?

Maybe they answered one of those envelope addressing adverts to use up all their spares???

Give em summat to do while sitting around in their frillies awaiting their next punter.

oh.

I always use an envelope and put the girl's name on the front. This is more as an aide as my memory is terrible these days.

Man carrying envelope = Punter. Obvious lol!

What, pray, stood out like a sore thumb?.. :lol: