BillGoldberg

Gender Of Forum Member ?

8 posts in this topic

With the old forum format it was easy to spot the gender of a poster by the little symbol by their name.

Is there a similarly quick, easy way to spot a poster's gender in this 'update' ?

With the old forum format it was easy to spot the gender of a poster by the little symbol by their name.

Is there a similarly quick, easy way to spot a poster's gender in this 'update' ?

I think I had to update that on my profile after the changeover, so quite possibly it's not selected on a lot of people's profiles now.

It doesn't show up in posts any more, which is a shame.

I think I had to update that on my profile after the changeover, so quite possibly it's not selected on a lot of people's profiles now.

It doesn't show up in posts any more, which is a shame.

Required Information

* Gender Male Female Please indicate your gender. This is a required field and is part of your public profile.

I think on new members its required but the switch over did not.

Go to edit profile and click your gender and it will display on your posts

Sorry I am wrong it does not display on your posts. This maybe something that could be changed

Edited by lou4fun

Required Information

* Gender Male Female Please indicate your gender. This is a required field and is part of your public profile.

I think on new members its required but the switch over did not.

Go to edit profile and click your gender and it will display on your posts

Sorry I am wrong it does not display on your posts. This maybe something that could be changed

Well it does by yours, lou. its next to your name.

Is mine there?

Ignore me -im talking bollocks

Edited by Coventrypunter

Well it does by yours, lou. its next to your name.

Is mine there?

Ignore me -im talking bollocks

* PM this member

* Group: Members

OK

Edited by lou4fun

I'm just slightly horrified to find what was transferred over to the new, and public (to all other members, but not, I think, to unregistered lurkers??) profile. In particular I rather think that if anyone was trying to "out" me, my full birthday is a great pointer.

How do I edit, or make private, my profile?

I do see that one lady gives her birthday, but not year, and "Age Unknown"! As to gender, I can see nowhere to enter it or remove it.

Top right hand corner by your name - click on the down arrow.

My Settings

Change Profile Information

Save Settings

I'm just slightly horrified to find what was transferred over to the new, and public (to all other members, but not, I think, to unregistered lurkers??) profile. In particular I rather think that if anyone was trying to "out" me, my full birthday is a great pointer.

I do see that one lady gives her birthday, but not year, and "Age Unknown"! As to gender, I can see nowhere to enter it or remove it.

Might be worth sending a PM to "G" but me thinks it will take a lot more than a DOB to out you. Although I thought you were a lot younger :lol:

Its quite easy to change though, although I think others should be made aware.