softlad

Warn Status ?

76 posts in this topic

On the left hand side near your profile name etc,

is a bar with 'Warn status'

Why ?

Is it not a bit like having a noose dangled over you ?

I have personally always been a good boy.

I take it, it does stand for 'Warning' ?

On the left hand side near your profile name etc,

is a bar with 'Warn status'

Why ?

Is it not a bit like having a noose dangled over you ?

I have personally always been a good boy.

I take it, it does stand for 'Warning' ?

It is part of the 'wrist-slapping' system here. If you continue to always be a good boy, your Warn Status bar will remain empty!

Instead of viewing your warnings and infractions via your profile, you and the Mod team can see them next to your posts.

As far as I am aware, ordinary posters are not able to see each others Warn Status - but I have no 'ordinary account' myself with which to check that.

It is part of the 'wrist-slapping' system here. If you continue to always be a good boy, your Warn Status bar will remain empty!

Instead of viewing your warnings and infractions via your profile, you and the Mod team can see them next to your posts.

As far as I am aware, ordinary posters are not able to see each others Warn Status - but I have no 'ordinary account' myself with which to check that.

Yes that must be right, I can't see other members just mine.

I don't think it's needed all the same.

Havn't all the naughty boys gone to play else where?

Thanks for your reply anyway Claire.

Ahh but new naughty boys come along all the time, you know ;)

How does this warn status work, does it change color or something, there is nothing in mine.

How does this warn status work, does it change color or something, there is nothing in mine.

The bar begins to fill up, dark blue.

Don't tempt me...... :wub:

I unintentionally linked to an establishment on the 'no-discussion' list which I hadnt read before posting.

As such there's now a tiny bit of 'blue' in my 'warn' status bar

I unintentionally linked to an establishment on the 'no-discussion' list which I hadnt read before posting.

As such there's now a tiny bit of 'blue' in my 'warn' status bar

So Goldberg, you will be in detention this afternoon from 4.30.

My warn status says "worn out".

Don't even have one! Simply too 'good'??? ;):P

Surely it's pink for the girls.

Surely it's pink for the girls.

We had a meeting about that, unfortunately we couldn't agree and more worrying was the fact that JKay wanted

pink for the boys too. :blink:

So i assume that if your bar 'fills up' then youre kicked out for good ??

No, it doesn't. It moves around unpredictably. Mine was on the left for a long time, then, just recently, it moved towards the centre, which I assumed must mean the day would soon come when it reached the right and then disappeared. But now I see it's gone back to the left. Does that mean I've done something else wrong?

You can click on the warn status title either on a post or in your profile and see what you've been given warnings for

You can click on the warn status title either on a post or in your profile and see what you've been given warnings for

Hey, a new toy I didn't know I had! So why's it moving about then?

Hey, a new toy I didn't know I had! So why's it moving about then?

Mine has never moved about from its position under my nick on the left so i dont get why yours is. I did have serious techical problems when the new software went live but Galahad sorted it out after i asked his advice. :)

Ahh but new naughty boys come along all the time, you know wink.gif

I'm a naughty boy "Claire"if i'm ever in Bristol can i come along?

No, it doesn't. It moves around unpredictably. Mine was on the left for a long time, then, just recently, it moved towards the centre, which I assumed must mean the day would soon come when it reached the right and then disappeared. But now I see it's gone back to the left. Does that mean I've done something else wrong?

Mine moved to the middle but got no longer for a while, I asked about it, but then it was back home again.

I wonder if sometimes it looks different in a different browser, or on a phone screen perhaps?

I wonder if sometimes it looks different in a different browser, or on a phone screen perhaps?

true. you shoud always test your site on IE, firefox, and chrome. If you can also test it on a smartphone even better. You should also test it on an apple, but that will be difficult if you dont have one.

its also a bit of an assumption that everyone is on current latest versions of browsers, which is deffo not true.

Nope, same PC, same browser, it just moved to the middle, same length, same colour, but in the middle!

How can I get unwarned? Just a little bit would do, it won't trigger any warnable posts. Honest.

Why are you bothered? It isn't hindering you in any way, and no-one can see it except you.

Mr Bloom, I have no idea why yours is behaving so oddly, but I assure you it does USUALLY fill up from left to right, as trangressions are dealt with!

Mr Bloom, I have no idea why yours is behaving so oddly, but I assure you it does USUALLY fill up from left to right, as trangressions are dealt with!

Mine is hanging on the left at the moment. But I am right handed...