Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RhiaCharles

Pics

17 posts in this topic

Ive looked in help and did a search too so apologies if I havent been able to locate an answer that is there but, (aside from this new format looking awfully stylish!) I see there is a blank space where a pic should be. Can we add a pic to our profile? If so how can we do this? Thanking you kindly Rx

Ive looked in help and did a search too so apologies if I havent been able to locate an answer that is there but, (aside from this new format looking awfully stylish!) I see there is a blank space where a pic should be. Can we add a pic to our profile? If so how can we do this? Thanking you kindly Rx

The function is disabled. It would be good, even if it was an externally hosted image, it wouldnt increase the bandwidth.

The function is disabled. It would be good, even if it was an externally hosted image, it wouldnt increase the bandwidth.

Its simple bait and switch if you ask me. A client turned up today looking nothing like his profile pic :D :D

What purpose would a picture serve? No punter is going to include a personal image, so it’s going to be silly pictures which contribute nothing. If a WG just wants to promote herself then she can include her web address in her contact information.

What purpose would a picture serve?
It's easier on the brain/eye when scanning over posts, to see who's who, rather than reading each name. Visual is easier to remember and instantly recall. Helps especially if there are posters you'd rather gloss over!

Bandwidth and fake picture issues aside, by not having pictures or screaming banners at the top of the screen, it is possible to login/view the Pnet site discreetly without it being immediately obvious to anyone glancing over your shoulder.

IMO, and on balance, the drawback of not having photos is outweighed by the improved discretion.

I have no desire to cause the bishop indigestion when he pops in for a chat and glances at my PC :P

Bandwidth and fake picture issues aside, by not having pictures or screaming banners at the top of the screen, it is possible to login/view the Pnet site discreetly without it being immediately obvious to anyone glancing over your shoulder.

IMO, and on balance, the drawback of not having photos is outweighed by the improved discretion.

I have no desire to cause the bishop indigestion when he pops in for a chat and glances at my PC :P

Excellent idea Vic, a button for covert mode. Lets see if your prayers will be answered or will you just have to bash the bishop.

What purpose would a picture serve? No punter is going to include a personal image, so it’s going to be silly pictures which contribute nothing. If a WG just wants to promote herself then she can include her web address in her contact information.

Would it be possible to enable loading of profile pic just to the profile page. Not in your face and there if anyone does wish to look

I agree-I can sit in bed with the laptop with the Misses dozing next to me and it all looks very innocent.

What I do miss is the facility to hover over a topic and get some more detail about what it is rather than having to open the post.

Edited by pollyp23

p.s. as I have just found, the ability to edit!

Most forums (yes, I do have other hobbies) give you the option to switch off 'avatars'. However, bandwidth, for Galahad, would of course be a consideration.

Would it be possible to enable loading of profile pic just to the profile page. Not in your face and there if anyone does wish to look

I’m sure it would Lou, but why when one click on your web link and you’re there? Anyway, I’m sure we’d then end up with lots of fatuous images parading as humour. And whilst I’ve got my curmudgeonly hat on, those large font sized comments in some user’s profiles can be a bit obtrusive - and some are even bigger than yours! :eek:

......What I do miss is the facility to hover over a topic and get some more detail about what it is rather than having to open the post.

But you can by clicking that very faint green arrow that appears to the right of each topic when you hover over it.

I’m sure it would Lou, but why when one click on your web link and you’re there? Anyway, I’m sure we’d then end up with lots of fatuous images parading as humour. And whilst I’ve got my curmudgeonly hat on, those large font sized comments in some user’s profiles can be a bit obtrusive - and some are even bigger than yours! :eek:

Do you mean signature strip, I have made it smaller for you..

Yes, I guess I do – and thank you.

I also see the worst offender has changed his ways in the last hour or so! :lol:

As opposed to landing strip? With my size willy, I only need a small, smart, trimmed strip to land/dock, I can assure you.

As opposed to landing strip? With my size willy, I only need a small, smart, trimmed strip to land/dock, I can assure you.

A helipad then :rolleyes: