Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dick78

Grrrrrrrrrrrr - Lost Opportunities

17 posts in this topic

There's another thread asking what we've all spent on punts this year and my total was laughably small. I had hoped to add to it this week but I have yet another bad cold/man flu infection with swollen glands and very painful sinuses - for the second time this year - and I have had to put any ambitions on hold. Last time I had the opportunity, my OH's plans changed at the last minute so I wasn't as free as I like to be. And thinking back, this year has been a disaster - two very bad colds, changed plans three times and more to come with the recent Law Society/LSC shenanigans, bad back, bad knee, too busy at work and so on. I am beginning to think my punting is doomed to failure but at least I have only had to cancel once. Anyone else having bad luck in this area?

I should add that I like to use my free evenings, not being a daytime kind of bloke, for punting and I would not entertain the prospect of returning home to my OH after a meeting so she really does have to be away on business.

Sounds like my situation but sometimes fate can also smile on you.

Last week an opportunity arose where I was able to book someone who has been on my radar for ages. Everything conspired against me, short notice, I was unable to make phone calls plus the fact I never do things last minute. Thanks kismet for the fabby two hours.

Anyway back to the usual no time lifestyle, if I'm lucky I'll fit a punt in before Christmas.

I should add that I like to use my free evenings, not being a daytime kind of bloke, for punting and I would not entertain the prospect of returning home to my OH after a meeting so she really does have to be away on business.

Sorry to go off topic but could I ask you to expand on this (in pm if you wish)

Edited by lou4fun

I lost several punts last winter due to the crap weather. Grrrr!

I understand what he means.

I would be on a quilt trip!

After seeing a WG I'm usually on an emotional high, it's not possible to just switch these feelings off. A womem, especially your partner, would pick up on this and know something was "wrong". I'd need several hours, if not a day, to come "down", this is what I think rlw is refering to.

Lost opportunities?

Couple of years ago, had a booking with a girl, who by this point was a regular, had it booked a week or so in advance, my usual way of doing things, booked day off work , so I could take my time getting ready before heading off for the punt mid morning.....only for my then g/f to announce that 'she wasn't going to work as she felt rough'... Panic times, can I still get to the punt, will she wonder why I'm heading out on a day off, freshly shaved and smelling of old spice? can I back out of the punt and if so, how do I contact girl to tell her?

I decided to take cowards way out and do a 'no show', but then , stroke of luck, g/f announces shes not so bad after all and will head into work after all, bingo, we are back on, she goes, I rush like hell to get ready and get out the door, I'm having to rely on public transport, so I rush like a loon to the bus stop, only to miss the bus by inches, next one not for a half hour, by which time I'm gonna be late anyhow for the appointment , I'm not hot and bothered from rushing around.

By now I think 'fuck it, not worth the hassle factor',I send a text message apologising for cancelling at short notice'

I get home and think, wow, what a bloody faff around, way not worth it, and since then, not punted again, the hassle factor of organising and getting there without getting busted is not worth the increased blood pressure.

Spoke to the girl again a year or so later, chance encounter, bless she remembered and I apologised again, but wasn't an issue, but still never been back......

.....however temptation has got the better of me after a couple of years and I have an appointment booked for next week, new girl this time, hoping this punt runs smoother than the last experience.....

After seeing a WG I'm usually on an emotional high, it's not possible to just switch these feelings off. A womem, especially your partner, would pick up on this and know something was "wrong". I'd need several hours, if not a day, to come "down", this is what I think rlw is refering to.

Are there many guys who feel like this ? I never feel like this. If I did I dont think I would punt. Guys who get emotional about their punts probably should find a girlfriend or new partner.

Are there many guys who feel like this ? I never feel like this. If I did I dont think I would punt. Guys who get emotional about their punts probably should find a girlfriend or new partner.

I started another thread post guilt punt

"Emotional high" is another way of saying I feel happy. You don't feel happy or "buzzing" after a punt? If I didn't, I'd question why I bother!

As for finding a gf, I'm working on that.

Anyone else having bad luck in this area?

It's a one off missed opportunity for me, not a constant run, but I was planning to be away on business next week, staying in a hotel alone. I had already made the usual booking enquiry to the girl at the top of my list to see if she was available (not replied yet, so it was probably a bust anyway). Today, 3 work colleagues told me they had decided to come to the same meeting, and were staying at the same hotel :angry:. They are new to the area and will be relying on me to shepherd them around the obligatory evening restaurant and pubs.

I guess I could make up some cock and bull story to get out of it, but to be honest I wouldn't feel comfortable hosting an outcall with work colleagues potentially in the room next door.

Maybe next time :mad:!

I do seem to be suffering a jinx on bookings I've made ahead of time.with 5 out of 7 having to be cancelled for one reason or another. I've had to rearrange 1 of them, and the rest the lady has had to cancel at the last minute. Reasons include work rearranging meetings, illness, theft and unexpected familiy commitments.

So I have quickly learnt to have a some alternative plans in mind.

It makes the cover up a lot easier for me in my head. My wife is away for the night so I can go with my mates and get very pissed and come home at four in the morning, or I can go out with a lady friend and return home slightly the worse for wear and a little bit in love, or I can go see a working girl, get fucked, wear myself out and come home on a big high with another women's perfume on my shirt, have a shower if need be, and crawl into bed and sleep until lunchtime if I want.

There would be no fun in coming home and being asked, "hello darling how was your day?" and having to lie big time. Also, after an incident many years ago with a red-headed lady friend and a car with very dark, rough-textured seats, I would be too much on guard for stray hairs, lipstick smudges, strange scent etc, to be anything like normal. And it would feel far more dishonest than my usual strategy of saying that I am going out with my mates and when asked how it was the next day, I can just say "oh you know, the usual got pissed, went back to ??'s house and talked cars and watched Le Mans videos - same old shit, don't know why I do it".

There is guilt element but a strange one. I don't feel bad about seeing a working girl per se as it meets a need, emotional and physical, isn't going to lead anywhere and perks me up no end. (Clearly, my wife would be very upset if she found out but I don't think it would be the end of our marriage.) The guilt comes in actually having to lie about it so being able to move that guilt by twenty fours hours, or indeed to talk about stuff over the phone and never discuss it face to face, is a hell of a lot easier.

The lying this is quite interesting for me. If someone asks me the wrong question, I will not tell the truth but when the question is put so correctly that to lie would be clearly lying (to me), I will tell the truth. So..

Have I slept with another woman? No See below

Have I had sex with another woman? No There isn't "another" women in my life

Is there another woman in my life? No No

Am I having an affair? No Seeing a prostitute hardly constitutes an affair in my view

Have I seen a prostitute? Yes, but haven't we all - you can't miss them can you? Fuck me heels, fishnet stockings, cleavage everywhere and probably smoking a Gauloise in a holder.

Have I had sex with a prostitute at any time since we have been married? Well you can't lie to that one can you but,fortunately,it has never been asked?

Actually, I have slept with another woman - the red-head with the hair all over the car seat - but we didn't have sex as we were too pissed and we knew it would make life too complicated. And we didn't sleep that well either so maybe it doesn't count.

So, Lou, there you go. I don't think my take on it makes me a better or worse person than anyone else on here; more, just a slightly fucked up individual trying to keep things in balance and knowing what works and what doesn't, for me.

Edited by rlw

dead right here - not guilt but a great feeling that you just know isn't going to be easy to explain

Years ago, after an evening out with my red-headed friend flirting wildly, playing footsy and her rubbing my balls with her stockinged feet under the table, I returned home feeling quite frisky. After sex, my wife commented that I had been fucking another woman and not her. Lesson learned.

I have regular business meeting to which I need to travel, It's only an hour or two away, but provides cover as I tend not to get tome until a fwe hours after the punt. I leave work slightly early go home have a shower etc and then leave for the punt with my favourite. Imaging my horror when my OH's timetable for the new year means she is at home on the day of my meeting. Had to cancel a punt, that was rearranged after the SP called it off 90 minutes prior to the appointment due toe strict security at her hotel. Have not managed to rearrange yet. I need to work on my strategy as the meeting provided me with the best opportunity for a regular punt. Otherwise I have to be very opportunistic. Fortunately I have an opportunity next week, but have to punt away from my regular and am struggling to decide. :rolleyes:

It's a one off missed opportunity for me, not a constant run, but I was planning to be away on business next week, staying in a hotel alone. I had already made the usual booking enquiry to the girl at the top of my list to see if she was available (not replied yet, so it was probably a bust anyway). Today, 3 work colleagues told me they had decided to come to the same meeting, and were staying at the same hotel :angry:. They are new to the area and will be relying on me to shepherd them around the obligatory evening restaurant and pubs.

Maybe next time :mad:!

Life is tough at the top :P

I have heard this before, how planned punts have had to be cancelled due to work colleguages showing up.. Not good!

My bad luck has been that two very good places have been closed because of complaints from neighbours (not trafficking) and my favourite lady has given up her old flat and hasn't found a new one yet. :(