Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sexymaylondon

Early Gifts

12 posts in this topic

Discussion with the other half, after seeing the "Envelope" topic. When he saw my old site after a recommend from a random from elsewhere, he was anal/sceptical enough to google me thoroughly beforehand - discovered my form on here, posts, the dead blog; guessed correctly that I was an old fart at soul, anti-telly and so on.

Approached our first meet like this I found out just now - buy a gift she would never choose for herself. "It's not the actual, erm, the gift itself, it's the giving, a token of respect, the important thing is giving in the correct spirit. And it must be something they would never give themselves".

Which is why I got a games console.

The spirit of giving: one of my treasured pressies, a very small item that someoneone first meeting me had picked up at an auction before the meet - a little thing, auction spur of the moment thing and why he was in London - and at the end he just decided to give to show appreciation.

Gifts first time. Forget flowers (a half bunch given to a friend on here, she suspected the other half was going to the wife) or chocs, is it "the done thing"? And how do you choose?

Of course it should be the done thing. I had a conker off someone, once.

Once again, further perspective, we're just out to dinner now, and he's just discovered I've finished off all the house Disco crisps. "You porker! I'll never find out now what the bacon ones were like! What made you eat eight bags of crisps???".

Gifts in return - are clients thinking expensive ones from a lady is purely marketing, purely, or have you had the odd friendly gonk or troll you've treasured since as a lucky punt charm?

I once had a client who bought me a pressie, a small tube of hand cream called 'Hand Relief', he couldn't resist it... and it put a huge smile on my face too ;)

Two of my favourite gifts were some spa creams, not because of the creams themselves though. The guy was a regular client and had gone into the shop and stood and listened through the entire presentation/demonstration for the different creams etc, i thought of him standing there in the ritual shop dipping his hands into the bath oil water demo and just thought aaahhh, how sweet.

The other was a copy of Lost in Translation, cos i was constantly telling him i couldnt understand what he was saying cos he mumbled so much, and he also printed off the script for me. Never watched it though, if i dont like the movie it will spoil it lol.xx

I was once bought a copy of The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo in it he had written:

Dearest XXXXX

I hope you find your path

Love XXX

I was not totally sure if he thinks that I had strayed off my path or what but it is a wonderful book. Reminds me I am due a read of it again.

S x

I was a regular with a lady- once a fortnight for 2 years. After a pre-Christmas punt she cried- she had nowhere to go at Christmas.Family problems with her line of work etc. I paid for her for 10 days in Thailand -it cost me £1200. When she returned in january she charged me the full rate for one hour.That was the last time I paid to see her- I couldn't afford the £1200 in the first place but had no regrets- Life is short, Life is grey.Punting and beautiful ladies put colour into it.

How much is that worth?

Life is short, Life is grey.Punting and beautiful ladies put colour into it.

WSI - great story !! (Shame about how your genosity was abused/repaid!) and a lovely view of life and punting !! Thanks

WSI - great story !! (Shame about how your genosity was abused/repaid!) and a lovely view of life and punting !! Thanks

We always hear only one side of the story. Somehow I cannot see if somebody gave £1200 to the girl for a holiday, and when she comeback she still charged him for a meeting, (and only for an hour)? That is despicable! (providing its true, but I am sure something was not mentioned by WI)

I was a regular with a lady- once a fortnight for 2 years. After a pre-Christmas punt she cried- she had nowhere to go at Christmas.Family problems with her line of work etc. I paid for her for 10 days in Thailand -it cost me £1200. When she returned in january she charged me the full rate for one hour.That was the last time I paid to see her- I couldn't afford the £1200 in the first place but had no regrets- Life is short, Life is grey.Punting and beautiful ladies put colour into it.

How much is that worth?

Well she was probably thinking that business is business, coz after all she never asked you to pay her way to Thailand......... :confused: :confused:

Gifts on a first meeting are difficult, but I've had some fabulous gifts from regulars who know me. Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's Dictionary" amuses me endlessly, and I know at least one other WG is jealous of my copy of "Uncle Fester's Guide to Home Explosives". B)

She did ask me to pay for the holiday and I happily did so because I really liked her- more than I should have done.There are no easy answers to this- should I have asked for one free hour or two or perhaps 5 which would then have exactly equalled the money I paid for the holiday.The point is she didn't offer anything but just took the money and that was when I stopped seeing her. She was and is a lovely person- but 15 years in this business have taken their toll on her. I have no regrets though I think she may have.

Gifts on a first meeting are difficult, but I've had some fabulous gifts from regulars who know me. Ambrose Bierce's "Devil's Dictionary" amuses me endlessly, and I know at least one other WG is jealous of my copy of "Uncle Fester's Guide to Home Explosives". B)

If you wanted to take a gift to aWG on a first meet I would opt for smellies, as in lovely bubble bath or body cream sets or even little bottles of perfume in gift sets. These are not that expensive and can be a very nice gesture on arrival..... :)

I always opt for buying the ladies underwear then it a present for too :D