ladyB

When A Client Becomes Obsessive..

19 posts in this topic

Maybe a silly question,what do you do when a client that you have seen twice before starts becoming obsessive.he was emailing me 5 times a day,until i bloked him.he texts non stop.nothing nasty but doing my head in.my phone will block calls but wont block texts.help!!

Maybe a silly question,what do you do when a client that you have seen twice before starts becoming obsessive.he was emailing me 5 times a day,until i bloked him.he texts non stop.nothing nasty but doing my head in.my phone will block calls but wont block texts.help!!

The best thing to do if your uncomfortable with him is dont accept another booking and dont answer the texts he will soon get fed up. At least he isnt being nasty so it could be a lot worse.

shelly

Just keep doing what you are doing, he will give up in the end.

Hope all works out for the best :)

If you have an iphone or other smartphone such as the blackberry, you can install software which can allow

you to block individual SMS txt messages or incoming phone calls. I've used iblacklist for the iphone and it works

well. You can set up blacklists individually for both SMS and phone, as well as whitelists (people

that you always want to hear from) Even imports from your contacts book.

The punter can text to their hearts content 50X times a day - the messages will be sent across the cellular network

but will be blocked at the firewall on your mobile phone, and you will never be disturbed again.

Also neat is a scheduler - you can set days and times of the week when you want either the white list

or blacklist activated or de-actived. Most people probably can't be bothered with that level of detail.

The iblacklist needs a "jailbroken" iphone - which is a bit of a geeky process for most normal humans.

I downloaded the iblacklist for free - but I think they charge $8 for the software if you need to block more than 3 numbers.

You can also try the SMS settings on a regular phone and just set the phone to be silent when it receives a txt

from a particular number. That way they still text you, but at least you don't hear it.

In cases of serious harassment your network operator has the technical ability to block a number at the switch on the network.

It's not Wayne Rooney is it ?

It's not Wayne Rooney is it ?

no hun..lol..xxo.

I think at first you should explain he is contacting you too much and ask him to stop, if you haven't already. Some people are slow!

If he doesn't get the message then you should ignore him or report him if he gets nasty.

I think you've gone about this the wrong way! You should not ignore him, but rather, spend 5 minutes of your time, on the phone and explain that he's over stepping the mark! Assumeing he's an ok client, you should tell him that if he persists you may not want to see him again. I have a regular girl that I see and I also email a couple of times a week, she always responds. I find that this adds to our meetings. I asked at my last booking, if she was ok with my emails and she said of course. He might just want to be friendly and think that it's all part of the service, give him the benefit of the doubt first.

Edited by Kid A

I think you've gone about this the wrong way! You should not ignore him, but rather, spend 5 minutes of your time, on the phone and explain that he's over stepping the mark! Assumeing he's an ok client, you should tell him that if he persists you may not want to see him again. I have a regular girl that I see and I also email a couple of times a week, she always responds. I find that this adds to our meetings. I asked at my last booking, if she was ok with my emails and she said of course. He might just want to be friendly and think that it's all part of the service, give him the benefit of the doubt first.

I think you have a valid point Kid A, I like to exchange mails a bit, I like to be a bit more than a business client but not necessarily a friend. Logistics mean I do not get to see a girl very often but I do like a regular and I like to be able to not feel like a first timer every time. Suffolk is my area (one of them) in UK could you PM me with your girls name?

That said the poster needs to exercise caution.

Edited by Smudge

I do agree that a short chat may do the trick, however he is not just emailing on the odd occassion, he is emailing the OP 5 times a day and that can be very off putting. It is on the verge of an obsession. People who become obsessive do not usually take the hint that they are overstepping the mark or take it on board when they are told directly. This is man is a client, not a friend. Unless like in your case, where there is an arrangment between you and the lady that you can contact her when she is not working, he should really only be contacting her when he wants to book an appointment.

You want to try this one I've had, he's still trying to see me:

I took the time to to ring this guy,after the 10th text today.i explained how i felt and that he was a really nice guy and everything and could he just contact me when he wanted to see me.He got kinda upset and explained that he had become very fond of me.God what now,he has been to see me twice at my home for incalls.im kinda freaked now...

You want to try this one I've had, he's still trying to see me:

Just read the post, I feel for you. I have had similar with people changing their name etc to book. However none have been this bad. I feel for you. Don't give this person anymore chances, if he does it again report him. Hope it goes well for you too...

I took the time to to ring this guy,after the 10th text today.i explained how i felt and that he was a really nice guy and everything and could he just contact me when he wanted to see me.He got kinda upset and explained that he had become very fond of me.God what now,he has been to see me twice at my home for incalls.im kinda freaked now...

That's one reason I'm glad i use a working flat, I hope it works out for you.

I don't know if this is any consolation, I hope so. I became obsessed with a girl that I'd seen only once on an incall. I eventually confessed to her by email how I felt and she, naturally, immediately dumped me into oblivion. It's been hurting like hell for months and months now.....but, I would never, never, force myself onto her. I did email her after a few months to ask if she'd see me again and she said no. And that's it. I'm an otherwise respectable, law-abiding bloke who goes about his normal life quite happily, but with a secret weighing heavily on his heart. So guys can be obsessive, weird, creepy, whatever you want to call it - but they're not necessarily going to become stalkers.

I don't know if this is any consolation, I hope so. I became obsessed with a girl that I'd seen only once on an incall. I eventually confessed to her by email how I felt and she, naturally, immediately dumped me into oblivion. It's been hurting like hell for months and months now.....but, I would never, never, force myself onto her. I did email her after a few months to ask if she'd see me again and she said no. And that's it. I'm an otherwise respectable, law-abiding bloke who goes about his normal life quite happily, but with a secret weighing heavily on his heart. So guys can be obsessive, weird, creepy, whatever you want to call it - but they're not necessarily going to become stalkers.

I truly appreciate your honesty in this post, it must have hard to admit to, considering that responses could go either way for you. It is good to see and try to understand from a different perspective. I wish you well.

Things will get better for you I hope. He may of seemed upset but hopefully will take on board what you said to him. Keep us posted and I hope he does stop now.

Why on earth would you agree to see him again if he bothers you so much ?

I think you are getting stressed over very little. Obsessive is when they buy a house directly opposite you :wacko:

I think unless you have the same feelings for the guy (which is unlikely) then you should let him down gently. You should explain (or maybe even direct him to a relevant thread here) that it was a business only relationship and you don't think it wise for his sake he visits you again as he is getting too close and the feelings are not replicated.

Don't lead him on or just blank him before explaining.

If he turns nasty after this or still keeps contacting you, then is the time to ignore him or warn him off.

Good luck.