Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chloe Kisses

Windows Root Dll 32 Er Ntos Something Or Other Missing

4 posts in this topic

Okay, till i save up or another lappy i would love some help with my naughty little one.

It is coming up saying that file windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe is missing.

I have followed online help and downloaded it to a flashdrive but when i turn it on and press f8 a whole list of options comes up.

I have clicked return it to its last working whatever,s.

I have tried safe mode/with command prompt/with networking and all that happens is the name of the missing file appears at the top of the page (eventually) with the dongle in/not in.

I dont know what to do with the flippin file now that i have it saved onto the flashdrive,someone told me to copy an paste it into the correct place but how on earth do i do that if there is nowhere to paste it too.

Would appreciate some help before my mini lappy makes a very satisfying crunch on my kitchen wall.xxx

Have you tried doing a repair from the recovery disk?

S x

Er, yeah, hi, that was me I think, in the chat-room.

The file needs to be saved in a folder called dllcache I believe (I've not used XP in years), and then recovered from there. If worse comes to worse, I think I have an old copy of Windows XP floating around somewhere (legit copy).

Don't fret, and don't throw it against the wall, it can be saved!

Bought a temporary notebook for now instead, thankyou hrock for your help. I am just gonna send all of them off to get fixed next weekend and see if they are savable lol.xx