Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ladyofthemansion

Shop window scam

14 posts in this topic

Have noticed many ads in shop windows in different parts of London from a girl offering a free massage to customers on their first visit.

The number looks like a mobile number especially to those men who will be thinking with their dicks about the free shag they may be about to get. I have seen identical ads in the last 2 days in Whitechapel, Tottenham and Holloway, all claiming to be 2 minutes from station.

However, its an 070 number which costs about £1.50 per minute.

I have not rang it to test it out but I bet the girl does not exist.

"SEXY MATURE lady offers first massage for free, incalls only."

and...

"NEW! 1 hour free trial of massage service with 1 or 2 ladies."

have been appearing in our local Friday-Ad (online version, prob paper too but I've not looked) for ages now... both with 070 numbers and judging by the amount of views they each get, they're not just in the local edition.

Gotta be a con on the phone number

The girl gets 50p a minute for herself with one of these numbers.

The girl gets 50p a minute for herself with one of these numbers.

070 numbers look like ordinary mobile numbers - every time OFTEL (or whatever it's called...) nails one rip-off, it authorises another.

I am with Vodaphone, and when I once called an 070 number, I got a recorded message before connection was allowed (it was a bit like being told to put a condom on before penetrating).

However, its an 070 number which costs about £1.50 per minute.

Sorry, its a personal number that are charged at 'K' Rate, which is 37p max from a landline. BT Price List

There used to be places you could get them and earn a penny or two per minute by getting people to call them. If any still exist, they're few and far between. Unless of course you have the serious money to bulk buy and resell to others.

Sorry, its a personal number that are charged at 'K' Rate, which is 37p max from a landline. BT Price List

There used to be places you could get them and earn a penny or two per minute by getting people to call them. If any still exist, they're few and far between. Unless of course you have the serious money to bulk buy and resell to others.

070 numbers certainly still exist and some Agencies use them including Maxes Angels although to be fair they do have a normal mobile number you can ring instead. For a punter there is no advantage in ringing them, they offer nothing extra over and above ringing a normal mobile, so IMO those that use them are purposely intending to profit from the call at the punters expense. 37p is still a lot in comparision to what most non 070 numbers cost per minute dependent on what tariff and type of phone you use.

For me personally establishments that use them put me off considering using them because they are already trying to rip me off when i am first contacting them, not a good sign in my experience.

070 numbers certainly still exist and some Agencies use them including Maxes Angels although to be fair they do have a normal mobile number you can ring instead. For a punter there is no advantage in ringing them, they offer nothing extra over and above ringing a normal mobile, so IMO those that use them are purposely intending to profit from the call at the punters expense. 37p is still a lot in comparision to what most non 070 numbers cost per minute dependent on what tariff and type of phone you use.

For me personally establishments that use them put me off considering using them because they are already trying to rip me off when i am first contacting them, not a good sign in my experience.

Oftel banned revenue sharing on the personal numbers, so the establishments are not profiting from this. The advantage of them is that the number can be re-directed to any phone, can ring multiple phones, reject anonymous numbers etc.

Oftel banned revenue sharing on the personal numbers, so the establishments are not profiting from this. The advantage of them is that the number can be re-directed to any phone, can ring multiple phones, reject anonymous numbers etc.

Thanks for that information i stand corrected.:rolleyes:

Thanks for that information i stand corrected.:rolleyes:

Hate to tell you, but I know someone who still has one of these numbers and all she had to do was sign something saying she wasn't receiving a share of the money but she still gets her cheque every month.

Hate to tell you, but I know someone who still has one of these numbers and all she had to do was sign something saying she wasn't receiving a share of the money but she still gets her cheque every month.

Its Northdown Telecoms.

Also spotted in newsagent window in Kentish Town...

I've noticed one in Kentish town for 'happy hour massage = mon-thurs £5!' anyone have more info on this?

My old dad used to say that anything for free was worth what you paid for it.

No disrespect to any women here but over the recession there was a huge debate over whether they should lower prices or not. Most stuck to their prices. Now we are coming out of the recession- so Gordon tells us- why should anyone start giving it away?