gog

Running a parlour

21 posts in this topic

If a parlour is raided the consequences for the owner can be disastrous. The story of the parlour being raided may be featured in the local press which could cause immense embarrassment to the owner, the owner could have his assets seized and end up with a criminal record and all that entails. Are people who run parlours prepared to run these risks because running a parlour is a very lucrative business.

Its not nearly as profitable as people think. I have no idea why we do it, I suppose I just don't like being told what to do.

A well run parlour is a service provider to many people who without them would be denied any human contact.

Most of us treat our staff and clients well and do the best we can whilst fighting off just about everyone.

Its a joke to be fair, but while I feel I'm not breaking any of my own moral rules I'll carry on doing my best!

Madam Becky x

I think there's a bit of mythology here mixed in with some truth. My view:

>Its not nearly as profitable as people think.

My experience is that parlours are like any other businesses. Well run parlours are profitable. Average parlours break even. Badly run parlours don't stay around for long. Hint: in general, you will find a correlation between number of girls working, number of good FRs and profitability of parlour. What I would say is that parlours have to work hard for their profits. But then so does every other business.

>I have no idea why we do it, I suppose I just don't like being told what to >do.

Agreed. The parlour owners I know (including you, Becky) are all sharp, intelligent, personable, charismatic and somewhat iconoclastic.

>A well run parlour is a service provider to many people who without them >would be denied any human contact.

I think there's a bit of mythology there. I get plenty of human contact. I go to parlours because I like variety in sex :-) Which, as it happens, is what you provide.

>Most of us treat our staff and clients well and do the best we can whilst >fighting off just about everyone.

Very true. In the main (and I'm sure there are exceptions but I don't know any), to personally know a parlour owner is inevitably to like and respect them. Maybe I punt in a "good" area but the girls I know have almost nothing but good things to say about their bosses. And, equally, I know their bosses take considerable care in "looking after" the girls (often when they don't exactly deserve it, either) so that respect is well earned.

>Its a joke to be fair, but while I feel I'm not breaking any of my own moral >rules I'll carry on doing my best!

So true. Respect. Keep up the good work.

Its not nearly as profitable as people think. I have no idea why we do it

Madame B, I don't know anything about you brothel but it is pretty obvious that a well run establishment can be very lucrative.

One of my local brothels has two girls working 7 days a week from 11am to 10pm, the "house" gets 50% of the fee ------- of course there are expenses such as rent, advertising and the maid's wages but I would still expect the owner to walk away with a large profit ------ and so they should, they are in business after all. :rolleyes:

Madame B, I don't know anything about you brothel but it is pretty obvious that a well run establishment can be very lucrative.

One of my local brothels has two girls working 7 days a week from 11am to 10pm, the "house" gets 50% of the fee ------- of course there are expenses such as rent, advertising and the maid's wages but I would still expect the owner to walk away with a large profit ------ and so they should, they are in business after all. :rolleyes:

Firstly Trolley, thank you for your kind words.

As re- the human contact .... we have a large number of disabled clients, some very seriously who find ordinary relationships almost impossible.

We also have many widowed, single or just busy clients who do not wish for whatever reason to have a relationship but sometimes have the need for some contact of whatever sort.

We also have a fair few elderly gents who bits aren't working as well as they did for prostate or other medical reasons who find starting new relationships embarrasing due to their condition. They like to see a non-judgemental lady often for a kiss and a cuddle, and see what comes up! Often nothing, but nobody minds as there's no pressure.

We do have the stereo-typical sexy married chaps of course, but we have so many others who feel their best option is to visit places like ours.

Jimmyredcab......

At MB's we take well under half of the clients fees. Any more would be unfair to the ladies.

The general running costs are very high, higher than you'd think. You can spend £500 a month just on loo rolls and clients drinks.

You need to factor in that some shifts earn little money. Football, holidays, sunshine, credit crunch all have an effect.

Then theres the moving / closing down problems. Lost deposits and a refurb.

We have to allow a good few grand when we leave an apartment to get it back to how it was. You be surprised. Shocked even. They're meant to be ladies! I'll say no more!

We pay tax on all we earn, and I live happily and quite fruggally (is that how you spell it?) But if you thought about it logically the earnings aren't worth doing the time.

Makes me a bit of a prat then really! Hey Ho!

I love what I do and maybe I should be more greedy, but I'm not just in it for me, its a team thing, and I'd like to think that at the end of each season all my staff and I are still winning!

Madam Becky x

Madame Becky, that is an Excellent Reply!

Good Agents and good Madams are a godsend to Ladies and Customers alike.

Now, Before I poke fun of it, I would suggest Anyone to go and read it again, carefully.

(respectful pause )

Did you read it again? - you should, especially if you are in (local) government or lawenforcement.

Now for the fun part, 'cause I had to chuckle quite a bit:

We do have the stereo-typical sexy married chaps of course
Then theres the moving / closing down problems. Lost deposits and a refurb. We have to allow a good few grand when we leave an apartment to get it back to how it was. You be surprised. Shocked even. They're meant to be ladies! I'll say no more!

ROFL @ the girls....

I still maintain : that is one of the reasons why I dont do incalls.

....But if you thought about it logically the earnings aren't worth doing the time.
Freudian?

Normally, you are not at risk. On the edge maybe, but not over it. And we should try to keep it that way.

Makes me a bit of a prat then really! Hey Ho!
But a nice and articulate one.
... at the end of each season all my staff and I are still winning!
I'll leave this one to Jimmy
That is reassuring, I always did hope I wasnt alone...

We pay tax on all we earn

I am pleased you have more principles than the 28,000 licensed taxi drivers in the Greater London Area. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The general running costs are very high, higher than you'd think. You can spend £500 a month just on loo rolls and clients drinks.

Ever thought of buying your loo rolls at the cash and carry. :rolleyes:

If a parlour is raided the consequences for the owner can be disastrous. The story of the parlour being raided may be featured in the local press which could cause immense embarrassment to the owner, the owner could have his assets seized and end up with a criminal record and all that entails. Are people who run parlours prepared to run these risks because running a parlour is a very lucrative business.

Running a parlour is not as lucrative as you might think. Met a w.g. recently who once ran a parlour/agency in London for a number of years - gave it up because of the hassle and the fact she could earn more 'working'. Having said that, there is always the exception l guess

Running a parlour is not as lucrative as you might think. Met a w.g. recently who once ran a parlour/agency in London for a number of years - gave it up because of the hassle and the fact she could earn more 'working'. Having said that, there is always the exception l guess

Yes, there certainly are exceptions, some of the brothels in my area have been going for years, if they were not lucrative surely they would have closed down. :rolleyes::confused:

Yes, there certainly are exceptions, some of the brothels in my area have been going for years, if they were not lucrative surely they would have closed down. :rolleyes::confused:

I think there's a difference though between scraping through and making a living and running something truly lucrative - eg the kind of money the owners of Notorious Girls admitted they were making (although that's not a brothel of course).

I think there's a difference though between scraping through and making a living and running something truly lucrative - eg the kind of money the owners of Notorious Girls admitted they were making (although that's not a brothel of course).

It depends on your definition of "lucrative", I would say that if a brothel can clear £150 a day after all expenses then it is certainly lucrative, that works out at over £50 grand a year ----- tax free. :rolleyes:

The answer is, dont do it if you have assets.

This is an interesting topic for me at the moment, great posts on here.

Madam Becky - Could I ask how many times you've had to change location, and what the reasons were?

Gog - Why would the owner have they're assets seized? Are you suggesting tax evasion or another reason?

Houseman

Profitability of running a good parlour. I've never run one I've visited more than my share!

I agree with the previous "poster" who said 'if it's not profitable it doesn't stay around for long'.

There are two cases that have been in the news recently that illustrate my point.

1. South Yorkshire (Sheffield) The Serious & Organised Crime agency own an operating brothel in Attercliffe called The Box Office.

Two men were arrested in connection with controlling prostitutes & living off immoral earnings, they had interests in several premises including Winstons in Leeds. At Court the main charges were dropped because it was argued that the police knew that sex was being offered for sale for as long period of time but did nothing about it. The suspect was eventually convicted of a lesser charge and for tax evasion. The police found £300.000 in safes in his garage floor and proceeded against him under the proceeds of crime act which is why they now own the building the Box Office operates from. This man wasn't operating the parlours personally, he employed managers receptionists and staff who got paid before he managed to collect £300,000!

2. Notorious Girls Agency (Newcastle) The agency's owners Neil & Natalie Lock with 2 or 3 other defendants have pleaded guilty to a series of charges and are in custody awaiting sentence. I used that agency the girls were great as was the service from the phone staff! I commented at the time they were originally arrested that they would have a hard time convincing a jury of their innocence. The site advertised specifics of what sexual services their girls were willing to perform. It's been reported that the couple were making £15,000 a week in agency fees he bought himself a Bentley and a fake aristocratic title as well as a large house. As far as I know he registered a company and paid tax but the CPS are planning to go after him under the Proceeds of Crime Act now he's pleaded guilty to the offences.

WHY? I suspect that because 50% of the assets & cash recovered goes to the Police Force who ran the investigation, the other 50% to the Home Office

I'm sure Madam Becky has a point about the expenses involved in running a parlour and I accept the two cases I have mentioned are the exception rather than the rule but if there wasn't money to be made then people wouldn't do it would they?

Gog - Why would the owner have they're assets seized? Are you suggesting tax evasion or another reason?

Houseman

proceeds of crime? owning/running a brothel is illegal.

The answer is to not own assets if you run a parlour.

it would be easy to convince a jury of ones innocence in running a brothel if the jury had a liberal view of brothels,as in the case of silk & lace

it would be easy to convince a jury of ones innocence in running a brothel if the jury had a liberal view of brothels,as in the case of silk & lace

However of course the Silk & Lace affair was, amongst other things, to do with Section 53. "Controlling prostitution for gain" of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 and not about Owning/running/managing a brothel, the charge of "Controlling prostitution for gain" was dropped owing to the Judge ruling that there was "No case to answer" and thus a jury was not involved, in that charge at least.

No, it wouldn't be easy at all, the vast majority of the public have a very low opinion of the prostitution industry.

The one notable exception was in 1987 when Cynthia Payne was acquitted of running a brothel when she was obviously guilty. :confused: