Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whitehorse

Multiquote

9 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same as I did on the old system regarding multiquoting. i.e. pressing the multiquote button on the posts that I want to quote, and then pressing the reply button on the last post that I want to multiquote. But when I do this I only get the last post showing up in the box, and none of the others. Am I doing this correctly. Obviously not. Any pointers will be gratefully received. :)

I'm pretty sure I'm doing the same as I did on the old system regarding multiquoting. i.e. pressing the multiquote button on the posts that I want to quote, and then pressing the reply button on the last post that I want to multiquote. But when I do this I only get the last post showing up in the box, and none of the others. Am I doing this correctly. Obviously not. Any pointers will be gratefully received. :)

Hi,

Click multi quote as normal, but then instead of clicking reply on the bottom of the last message of the thread,

look down further and click the dark blue reply box, next to the box marked "start a new topic".

That should bring up the multi-quotes for you. :)

Hi,

Click multi quote as normal, but then instead of clicking reply on the bottom of the last message of the thread,

look down further and click the dark blue reply box, next to the box marked "start a new topic".

That should bring up the multi-quotes for you. :)

Thankyou Laura. I think I want you to have my babies.

Thankyou Laura. I think I want you to have my babies.

I`ll call a vet, there`s a whitehorse that needs putting down ;)

Has he been laid to rest on a hillside somewhere?

Has he been laid to rest on a hillside somewhere?

All taken in the best possible spirit, but I'm only doing this to test the multiquote method Laura was advising ; and it works. :P

All taken in the best possible spirit, but I'm only doing this to test the multiquote method Laura was advising ; and it works. :P

Excellent.

P.S :I would love to have your babies but I have done my bit for the continuity of the species. :D

Excellent.

P.S :I would love to have your babies but I have done my bit for the continuity of the species. :D

So now he can be put out to stud.

Well, yes, after a fashion – but this is where the multiquote falls down. If you look at, for example, this topic in Outline mode whereby you can see all the ‘branches’ that make up the ‘tree’ of the topic then you will see that rather than your multiquoted post adding to the branch to which it applies, it has in fact started a new branch. I.E. if you multiquote from a branch, that multiquoted post will appear as a new branch.

Not particularly significant in this case but, as was noted here, when a topic really grows (as some have in the past) you could append to the branch that interested you. You can no longer do that if you multiquote.