Galahad

Having Problems Accessing The Chat Room?

53 posts in this topic

The error I receive is " [#ADDONCHAT-01] You are not permitted to enter this chat room."

I'm on windows xp pro

The error I receive is " [#ADDONCHAT-01] You are not permitted to enter this chat room."

I'm on windows xp pro

Its not an error, you are not a full member yet so you are unable to enter chat.

What do I need to do to become a full member?

i am not on a pc. neither of those help links work.

chat doesnt work

i am not on a pc. neither of those help links work.

chat doesnt work

it uses java. if your devce diesnt have java there is another url to use. someone will post it here

having the same problem, says i havent got permission :(

having the same problem, says i havent got permission :(

You need to be a full member, with 20 posts to gain access.

So, suddenly 3 days ago I'm unable to access chat, with the advice that I need to install a Java plug-in.

When I install it and reboot the PC, I get the same message.

Erm, any ideas please?

Edited by Reverend Dick

So, suddenly 3 days ago I'm unable to access chat, with the advice that I need to install a Java plug-in.

When I install it and reboot the PC, I get the same message.

Erm, any ideas please?

Which browser are you using? Firefox started disabling old and insecure versions of java the other day - installing the latest version of java should fix this, but of course these things don't always work exactly as expected...

You can test if java is working, and if you have the latest version, at http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Which browser are you using? Firefox started disabling old and insecure versions of java the other day - installing the latest version of java should fix this, but of course these things don't always work exactly as expected...

You can test if java is working, and if you have the latest version, at http://www.java.com/...ad/testjava.jsp

Thanks for this, scribbler.

I am indeed using Firefox. I've used the site you kindly provided several times before, downloading the latest Java, then re-booting, but to no avail. (Just in case, I've just clicked on your link, downloaded and re-booted, but still no luck.)

Any other suggestions gratefully received!

Edited by Reverend Dick

Thanks for this, scribbler.

I am indeed using Firefox. I've used the site you kindly provided several times before, downloading the latest Java, then re-booting, but to no avail. (Just in case, I've just clicked on your link, downloaded and re-booted, but still no luck.)

Any other suggestions gratefully received!

We're on the right lines, anyway! Have you checked to see if the java plugin is enabled in Firefox? Simply type "about:addons" into the address bar, then click "plugins" on the left hand side, and scroll through the list.

i followed the firefox instructions and installed the new java and it was all Ok after that

We're on the right lines, anyway! Have you checked to see if the java plugin is enabled in Firefox? Simply type "about:addons" into the address bar, then click "plugins" on the left hand side, and scroll through the list.

Blessed is thescribbler!

Chat up and working with no help whatsoever from the supposedly Omnipotent one.

Thank you thescribbler!

Blessed is thescribbler!

Chat up and working with no help whatsoever from the supposedly Omnipotent one.

Thank you thescribbler!

I wouldn't go that far, but i have spent several days at work answering almost exactly the same question, so was probably well placed to answer it.

I wouldn't go that far, but i have spent several days at work answering almost exactly the same question, so was probably well placed to answer it.

im afraid IT people have hours of fun leaving unlocked screens upside down for the unfortunate user.

never fails to amuse.

Praps we need to get a life.

Paerhaps some expert could answer how to disable the caps lock key. I am always hitting it when typing an A, then type loads in UPPERCASE. I never use capslock so can I turn the damn thing off?

Paerhaps some expert could answer how to disable the caps lock key. I am always hitting it when typing an A, then type loads in UPPERCASE. I never use capslock so can I turn the damn thing off?

It's a bit OT for this thread, but yes it can almost certainly be done (and without resorting to pulling the key top off), or the key can be remapped to do something else - details depend on the operating system though. PM if you'd like info, and I'll see what I can dig up from my memory and notes.

Every time I have tried to use the chat room, I get a 'website restore error', and ' internet explorer is unable to return you to punternet.com', and it just shuts down and signs me out. Any ideas?

has the chat changed recently? its no longer working on my firefox but its working on chrome

says i need a plugin to run it but it cant find the plug in

has the chat changed recently? its no longer working on my firefox but its working on chrome

says i need a plugin to run it but it cant find the plug in

make sure your java is up to date.

if u dont know what that means post here again.

there is a non java version for use on phones but it runs on pc's too, but has reduced functionality.

http://client1.addon...t.php?id=247666

right click and open in a new tab.

Edited by Coventrypunter

can see 3 ppl in chat (hi Vin)

but cannot get in "service temprarily unavailable"

I suspect is is the airport-wifi of this gfsaken place...

its not working for me again. it says i need to install an updated plug in but when i search it just says it cant find

I'm suddenly having trouble accessing chat. It's saying "inactive Plugin". I'm using a Mac OSX. Any idea what givesĀ  :huh: