Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guestspeaker

Which Days Are The Quiet Ones ?

9 posts in this topic

i was reading in a book about 1950/60's business that monday and tuesday were the dog days, when the phone never rang, and the door bell stayed silent, and wondered, with advent of the seven day working/shopping week, if this was still true ?

I would have thought sunday would be quiet, but that monday might be fairly busy, with punters looking to score after a weekend with their families, and tuesday being quiet again, before the build up to the weekend.

Any response/comment from the ladies, or gents, come to that ?

i was reading in a book about 1950/60's business that monday and tuesday were the dog days, when the phone never rang, and the door bell stayed silent, and wondered, with advent of the seven day working/shopping week, if this was still true ?

I would have thought sunday would be quiet, but that monday might be fairly busy, with punters looking to score after a weekend with their families, and tuesday being quiet again, before the build up to the weekend.

I have often tried to plot a pattern(usually so I can make personal plans) but it is generally very difficult to say. On the whole weekday daytimes are USUALLY the favourite on the whole. Individual days vary sometimes Mondays can be very busy, other times I won't have any bookings that day. Weekends can be hit and miss - some weekends are very popular, others the phone just doesn't ring. Some weeks it's all dinnerdates and evenings, others morning appointments. I have noticed more interest around the start of the month following payday, and February half-term is the quietest part of the year.

So that's it.

Edited by Strawberry

We sometimes have a 'Wanky Wednesday' (quiet Wednesday). But you never can tell, each day is diffrent x

We sometimes have a 'Wanky Wednesday' (quiet Wednesday). But you never can tell, each day is diffrent x

Monday use to be my bad day, now its a good day. Friday use to be a good day now its happy time "11pm onwards."

I advertise working 7 days, if I knew which days were the good days I would only work those days.

Not stopped tonight so no wanky Wednesday for Lou. I guess it all depends where you are and whats on. Man U played tonight so I have a few late appoints. :D :D

The majority of my punts in parlours have been on Sunday afternoons, and it's generally not very busy, either with no punters at all or just a few. I go at that time on purpose though, to avoid other punters as I generally find it slightly awkward and prefer to have my pick of all the girls rather than losing out to someone else. So opening time on a Sunday is generally a good time. I've found weekday afternoons aren't particularly busy either, with the majority at work.

absolutely no pattern to it at all...........nope...........none

Any correlation with the phase of the moon ?

'Tis a full moon on Saturday.

A full moon is it?

I shall watch out for horribly hirsuit beasties crossing me threshold then this weekend.

;)

Each week can be different I think thats a hard one to answer.