Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unperson

Getting Difficult To Punt In London?

36 posts in this topic

Is this a record?

I'm in London for 4 days this week. Normally I don't punt in the UK now, it's too disappointing, unless I need something to remove the itch, but I'm itching. Abstinence all last week for an amusing reason. It would amuse my punting friends for sure, but that's another story. They might not believe it.

I've been trying to set up some punts with the 8 WGs who looked (were, for the first one) interesting enough to be worth it. No luck.

One case of a WG whose Web site and telephone had both disappeared, one <londonlaura.co.uk> with a disappeared site which would also have had her last telephone number, one with a new photograph and name but where the telephone contact made it obvious she was the same person as an absolute crap WG I'd seen already in 2006, one "Leave a message and I'll get back to you" telephone where the WG at the end of it hasn't, one telephone always ringing and never being answered, one agency telephone with only a mixture of mood music (not a punting mood, I can tell you) and "Your call is important to us, please hold" (why important? do they make money on the lengths of their calls?), another saying the WG was away (which wasn't noted on their site) and they didn't know when she'd be back, and one who changed the photographs on her site when she moved from London W1 to London W2. The W1 photographs were the ones that made her look interesting. All the W2 photographs made her look repulsive. No other word for it. I wouldn't want to meet that anywhere on a dark night. God knows what sort of business, if any, she was hoping to attract. Certainly never mine.

There were a few WG or amateur advertisements in the neighbourhood paper in the greasy spoon joint where I had breakfast this morning. I wasn't sure if I should break my rule of never punting without seeing a photograph or having some other way of knowing what I'd be getting into, but after those 8 experiences I was desperate enough to try the numbers in the two that looked best. For the first, ringing but no answer. For the second, number unobtainable.

What's going on? Are your WGs following the French example now and striking against the government's plans to fix the national economy?

I don't understand what the problem is!

I just took a look on the "other site" and there's 3427 profile listed in London!

I had a quick browse at the featured members in London, most of whom have tons of fb, I was hard pushed to pick out a girl who I won't want to see. Bear in mind that that was only a fraction of what is available

I don't understand what the problem is!

I just took a look on the "other site" and there's 3427 profile listed in London!

I had a quick browse at the featured members in London, most of whom have tons of fb, I was hard pushed to pick out a girl who I won't want to see. Bear in mind that that was only a fraction of what is available

Surely there's enough info on here on the FR system which I trust far more than the "other site" to ensure a good punt in London. The HOD's branch in South Kensington alone has at least half a dozen ladies I'd love to see if and when my lottery numbers come up :P

Is this a record?

I'm in London for 4 days this week. Normally I don't punt in the UK now, it's too disappointing, unless I need something to remove the itch, but I'm itching. Abstinence all last week for an amusing reason. It would amuse my punting friends for sure, but that's another story. They might not believe it.

I've been trying to set up some punts with the 8 WGs who looked (were, for the first one) interesting enough to be worth it. No luck.

One case of a WG whose Web site and telephone had both disappeared, one <londonlaura.co.uk> with a disappeared site which would also have had her last telephone number, one with a new photograph and name but where the telephone contact made it obvious she was the same person as an absolute crap WG I'd seen already in 2006, one "Leave a message and I'll get back to you" telephone where the WG at the end of it hasn't, one telephone always ringing and never being answered, one agency telephone with only a mixture of mood music (not a punting mood, I can tell you) and "Your call is important to us, please hold" (why important? do they make money on the lengths of their calls?), another saying the WG was away (which wasn't noted on their site) and they didn't know when she'd be back, and one who changed the photographs on her site when she moved from London W1 to London W2. The W1 photographs were the ones that made her look interesting. All the W2 photographs made her look repulsive. No other word for it. I wouldn't want to meet that anywhere on a dark night. God knows what sort of business, if any, she was hoping to attract. Certainly never mine.

There were a few WG or amateur advertisements in the neighbourhood paper in the greasy spoon joint where I had breakfast this morning. I wasn't sure if I should break my rule of never punting without seeing a photograph or having some other way of knowing what I'd be getting into, but after those 8 experiences I was desperate enough to try the numbers in the two that looked best. For the first, ringing but no answer. For the second, number unobtainable.

What's going on? Are your WGs following the French example now and striking against the government's plans to fix the national economy?

I find Sugarbabes & Max's answer the phone. Something should take your fancy from those sites.

I do sometimes wonder why some ladies bother advertising... certainly I now translate the phrase "will reply to email queries" as "we never reply to emails... make sure you phone".

But if you having trouble getting a punt in London... no wonder you don't punt elsewhere in the UK.

Is there another London that I havnt heard about?

Surely there's enough info on here on the FR system which I trust far more than the "other site" to ensure a good punt in London. The HOD's branch in South Kensington alone has at least half a dozen ladies I'd love to see if and when my lottery numbers come up :P

Surely the OP, having been a Member on here for 3 years, understands the Punternet FR system and has browsed though them. I'm just offering an alternative to this site. :)

Surely the OP, having been a Member on here for 3 years, understands the Punternet FR system and has browsed though them. I'm just offering an alternative to this site. :)

I've perused the other site often enough and while it can't be faulted technically I'm a bit sceptical about some of its content. The feedbacks all seem to be positive with very few exceptions. This site has its flaws but it's fundamentally honest and not just a money making exercise.

No.

never had a problem in London. Maybe I am just lucky

Tell us you're type and price range and maybe we can get u out of this fix.

quote name='Unperson' timestamp='1287659658' post='206980']

Is this a record?

I'm lost....does he mean London, Minnesota?

As Samuel Johnson put It, "You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."

Maybe he should of put, "for there is in London all that punters can afford." :P

First, thanks to those who gave advice, for the advice. I'm sure I'd get some success if I tried all the 3427 or so. Probably even before getting down as far as 34.27 on the list. I was just commenting on my first 10 tries. Wouldn't some of you start to get fed up after the first 9 if you'd had no luck by then?

There's a Viking comic strip Hagar the Horrible in the USA. Last week I felt like Hagar in one of the best of these, and Punternet seemed as good a place as any to relieve my feelings. He complains to Mrs. Hagar about his dinner, and she tells him that if he just chews it properly he'll have no problems. In the last frame he's looking worried and saying to himself "But you shouldn't have to chew soup."

Time to update the pessimistic message in my original post. Sure the first 10 tries to set up a London punt failed, but the 11th didn't. (12th not so good.)

Detached but friendly young WG, early 20s. Looked exactly like her agency's Web photos. Very acceptable punt even if she made some basic errors. Excusable because she seemed to say she'd been in the business only 3 months.

Her comments about the agency were all positive. After my contact with it I'd say the same thing.

I'm pretty sure agency people use this board and post on it. In case that's right (and particularly if they include anyone from her agency) I'll suggest an idea I remember hearing 25 years ago from an American WG who was a real class act.

Not long before that she'd worked for a legendary New York agency (best since Polly Adler, someone wrote somewhere) managed by a woman who knew something about promoting business morale. Her ancestors had come from Europe with the Pilgrim Fathers. I think there was a book about it after the cops busted it. This may have made the legend bigger. Mayflower Madam? I must have heard of that label somewhere. Does anyone here know it?

The American WG told me the agency would have evenings where the women in it could get together, relax and eat at the agency's expense. During these, older or retired WGs could pass their experience on to the newer ones through stories and explain painlessly how to run their punts better and how not to do it. She said something like "You can learn a lot through a good laugh."

Does any UK agency do anything like this already?

Very different subject, the 12th and last try on my London visit. Different agency, equally upmarket self-image, 1 hour booking, not cheap. WG and apartment looked quite good. Welcome neutral. Money handed over, checked as correct and put in a drawer in some kind of sideboard. "If you need a wash, the bathroom's in there." Saw her doing something to one of her telephones as I went off for the wash. When I came back the telephone was on a bedside table. Screen showed 56 in bold type and another number in ordinary type which reduced by 1 near enough to every second. Question "Is that a timer?" No answer. Question repeated. Vague unconvincing answer. Question rephrased. No answer. I then put back what I'd taken off, opened the drawer, picked up the money, left her a couple of notes, took back the rest and walked out.

Why is it that I'm no fan of UK punting, you say?

Why is it that I'm no fan of UK punting, you say?

This is just one guys opinion, so don’t take it to heart. If I pay for an hour, all I expect is exactly an hour! If we click and she finds me pleasant, she might want to extend the time, I look at it as a bonus, not something to be expect. Secondly, the most amazingly passionate and best punt of my life, was brought to an abrupt end when an alarm on a Wgs mobile went off, she smiled at me and said times up! We were on the warm down, so it wasn’t a great shame and seeing her level of service was exceptional, I wouldn’t want to criticise.

Oh dear, you do seem to have had a rather bad run of luck.

Someone did ask you a question earlier though, you didnt answer.

What type,age and cost per hour type of lady were you looking for???

London is a punting paradise,I fail to understand how you can find it difficult to find a suitable wg here...the variety and choice of girls is huge and with this forum it makes it that much easier etc

London is a punting paradise,I fail to understand how you can find it difficult to find a suitable wg here...the variety and choice of girls is huge and with this forum it makes it that much easier etc

I agree. I have punted in many countries around the world and none so far match the diversity, availability and quality and range of services available in the UK at very affordable prices. It helps to know your way around as there are many piss takers both agencies and independents but a bit of common sense always prevails.

I'm not best impressed with London myself :blink:

I have been here on tour since yesterday and have had a few lovely guys but lots more idiots asking me silly questions after saying I got your number off Punternet or the other place :(

I'm not best impressed with London myself :blink:

I have been here on tour since yesterday and have had a few lovely guys but lots more idiots asking me silly questions after saying I got your number off Punternet or the other place :(

Why would you come on tour to london, i would have thought that was a case of coals to newcastle, better to go to a punting desert, no ?

I fail to see how anybody can fail to find a good punt in London. There are thousands to choose from.

London. What is this 'London' of which you speak?

I agree. I have punted in many countries around the world and none so far match the diversity, availability and quality and range of services available in the UK at very affordable prices. It helps to know your way around as there are many piss takers both agencies and independents but a bit of common sense always prevails.

LONDON at this time is TOP of the table for World Punting.

But for Punting in a Classy British Town,my fav is GUILDFORD . .

11 failed or bad punts out of 12 attempts!!

I think its time for you to retire.

My personal experience of punting in London is the complete opposite of yours.