C Bolt

A Punter Winning The Lottery May Be Trouble

29 posts in this topic

Today in my quiet moments, I was thinking that if I won the lottery being a punter, i am pretty sure that a WG may come out of the woodwork who would recognize me and try to sell her story to newspapers, then my secret would be out coz even if you ask for anonymity, your identity will be revealed at some point in the future. I'd like to know what you guys think?

If I won the lottery, I probably wouldn't care what others knew? It's not like winning it will make you a celeb and be in every newspaper/tv etc.

Today in my quiet moments, I was thinking that if I won the lottery being a punter, i am pretty sure that a WG may come out of the woodwork who would recognize me and try to sell her story to newspapers, then my secret would be out coz even if you ask for anonymity, your identity will be revealed at some point in the future. I'd like to know what you guys think?

This is a risk I'm prepared to take. Plus no newspaper's legal department would dare publish such a story without solid evidence such as recordings, photos or videos which I'm 99.99999999999999% sure will not exist.

I think you can sleep/punt safely my friend

If I won the lottery I would not give a toss if this happened. I would not give a damn what others thought. I would be too busy going through my wish list of WG's to see. Indcidentally if a WG did sell her story about my visits to her it would ruin her business. No one would trust her.

This is a risk I'm prepared to take. Plus no newspaper's legal department would dare publish such a story without solid evidence such as recordings, photos or videos which I'm 99.99999999999999% sure will not exist.

I think you can sleep/punt safely my friend

Did the tabloids have any evidence of Wayne Rooney and that WG? I guess the tabloids went with what the WG told them and trust me these guys will start digging and before you know it other WGs would start coming out of the woodwork to give credence to the story and added to that the WG may feel that she stands to make a lot of money from the press.

Edited by matrix837

I'd say you'd need to be one of the mega jackpot winners to be of any interest to the press at all, even a 10 million jackpot these days wouldnt make the front page if any page and as someone said, with no evidence there's really no point in doing it as the girls business would be ruined. I'm pretty sure many famous people have used working girls but it's just not a shock to anyone anymore, nobody is that interested, unless it was a real big A lister, even then he would need to be in a relationship or married.

I know one guy who won a quite a large sum, enough not to worry about money for the rest of his life, and he makes no secret of his trips to Amsterdam and of his exploits there, pretty sure he'd openly admit to seeing girls at home if we ever got onto the subject, and again I'm pretty sure if he called the papers himself and said he visited working girls, it would have to be a really slow news day for them to listen to him.

If I won the lottery, I'd immediately hire a solicitor to represent me, and to go to Camelot to collect my winnings on my behalf. They would not be allowed to reveal the identity of me, (their client), due to "attorney/client" privelige. That way, I'd keep my anonymity.

Meh. If you think of the number of genuinely famous people that probably use or have used WGs it seems unlikely that anything such would trouble the press.

You're not important enough to make the newspapers unless you've achieved notoriety elsewhere.

Plus no newspaper's legal department would dare publish such a story without solid evidence such as recordings, photos or videos which I'm 99.99999999999999% sure will not exist.

The tabloids would not be deterred by such trivialities as lack of evidence. If they could get a front page story, with salacious photo's of the WG concerned, then they'd go ahead and publish and worry about the legal implications later. In fact, the tabloids are well known for making up details where there is no evidence or facts to back them up.

If I won the lottery, I'd immediately hire a solicitor to represent me, and to go to Camelot to collect my winnings on my behalf. They would not be allowed to reveal the identity of me, (their client), due to "attorney/client" privelige. That way, I'd keep my anonymity.

If the shoe was on the other foot and I ( as a WG ) won it, I would do exactly the same thing.

It's hassle you don't need, not to mention begging letters and people you haven't heard from in 15 years suddenly popping out

of the woodwork.

If the shoe was on the other foot and I ( as a WG ) won it, I would do exactly the same thing.

It's hassle you don't need, not to mention begging letters and people you haven't heard from in 15 years suddenly popping out

of the woodwork.

Scotsman wins the lottery and is discussing it with the mrs

'But what shal we do about the begging letters', she asks

'Keep sending them', he replies

Nah bugger that then I would be 'outed' also.

I would simply blackmail you instead.

<_<:rolleyes:

S x

Edited by SabrinaYork

not to mention begging letters and people you haven't heard from in 15 years suddenly popping out

of the woodwork.

You've heard the one about the bum who wins the lottery and, suddenly rich, employs staff, including a butler.

'What shall I do about the begging letters, sir?,' enquires this gentleman.

'Oh, keep sending them.'

The tabloids would not be deterred by such trivialities as lack of evidence. If they could get a front page story, with salacious photo's of the WG concerned, then they'd go ahead and publish and worry about the legal implications later. In fact, the tabloids are well known for making up details where there is no evidence or facts to back them up.

Sure, but would they be interrested in some random bloke who won the lottery? You'd have to win the lottery AND get famous from somethnig else, or else they'll have bigger fish to fry up a scandal about. Don't make a fuss and there will be nothing to make a fuss about.

Edited by Enmat

Well I know what I would spend the cash on :P

The rest I would just waste :)

Your not allowed to do that, you have to collect your winnings in person, but you can ask Camelot for anonimity.

Edited by MikeH

If I won it big on the lottery I hire my two regulars as Personnel Assistants and keep them all to myself.

If I won it big on the lottery I hire my two regulars as Personnel Assistants and keep them all to myself.

Nah, i'd buy a brothel!

I'd probably die of exhaustion if I ever won :0

If you touch for a big win on the lottery you'll be able to afford a bit of facial plastic surgery, few nips and tucks here and there and before long, no bugger would recognise you....

Simples!

Nah, i'd buy a brothel!

Why I wouldn't:

You would have to run it.

Share the girls with some of the skanky punters that are around.

:-

Better than buying a brothel, buy an apartment in Milton Keynes.

Well I know what I would spend the cash on :P

The rest I would just waste :)

Heh heh!! Hear, hear!!

If I ever won the lottery (or became stinking rich through other means), yes, a lot of working girls would indeed become rather well off - all of my favourites, no less!

The rest, as you say - would be wasted on other things.

If I won the lottery it'd be a disaster. I'd give all the girls massive tips and then they'd all retire. Boo. Didn't think that one through did I?