Columbus

Tokyo And Seol

54 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on the punting scene in these two cities? Is it worth to even consider punting in any of these cities or is it best to stick to site seeng and enjoying the food.

Search for previous threads on here, or check out WSG and ISG forums.

Dont even think about punting in Tokyo unless you have more money than Davey Crockett :blink:

I visited Tokyo a couple of years ago and did manage to have a limited amount of fun. You just know that there's a whole load of stuff going on that you'll never have access to, however. The information from ISG is pretty good, if hard to wade through.

Given the reported difficulties I didn't even try to find full sex providers, but there was a blowjob joint that was OK. Was supposedly given a choice of different girls from photos both times I went, but somehow the same girl appeared each time. Also visited a nice chinese massage place which provided a good massage and HR service. Check ISG for up to date recommendations.

Went to a stripclub in Shinjuku which was a bit bizarre. After every couple of performers the club lights would go up and the girls come out with polaroid cameras to sell instant photos of themselves to a big queue of the spectators. It totally killed any kind of atmosphere and got really tedious (well after a dozen dancers or so...).

The biggest problem I found was around the entertainment district of Shinjuku where there are groups of Nigerian touts who try to get you to go with them to allegedly gaijin friendly clubs. Needless to say, it is not recommended to listen to them (think Soho clipjoints with katanas), but they hound you continuously.

Does anyone have any info on the punting scene in these two cities? Is it worth to even consider punting in any of these cities or is it best to stick to site seeng and enjoying the food.

When are you thinking of Going ???

I assume that you are doing this trip with Seoul being the stopover ???

I did this route on Korean air From London .

Beautiful Trolly Dollies & excellent service ,but The food wasn't .

Then again i am a Cheap skate when it comes to flying ,besides i was accompanied by my home female Stassi companions.

i did the sightseeing & the punting in both places . Loved the girls in Both cities .

Being both US$& £ based i found both cities Affordable at the time .

Late oct& early Nov06 as well as on a return Trip to Tokyo ,oct2007 .

But the rate of the Yen was between 230 to 250 to the £ .

Now Currency converter makes a depressing reading of 125 yen to the £ , and the Yen scored a 15 year high against the US$ few days ago .

I can say in either city as a base and am tying to figure out which is a better place all thing considered. I like authentic places and fear Tokyo maybe a modern city similar to other modern cities. So I am trying to decide where is a more interesting place to stay and if there is also punting available then so much the better.

When are you thinking of Going ???

I assume that you are doing this trip with Seoul being the stopover ???

I did this route on Korean air From London .

Beautiful Trolly Dollies & excellent service ,but The food wasn't .

Then again i am a Cheap skate when it comes to flying ,besides i was accompanied by my home female Stassi companions.

i did the sightseeing & the punting in both places . Loved the girls in Both cities .

Being both US$& £ based i found both cities Affordable at the time .

Late oct& early Nov06 as well as on a return Trip to Tokyo ,oct2007 .

But the rate of the Yen was between 230 to 250 to the £ .

Now Currency converter makes a depressing reading of 125 yen to the £ , and the Yen scored a 15 year high against the US$ few days ago .

I can say in either city as a base and am tying to figure out which is a better place all thing considered. I like authentic places and fear Tokyo maybe a modern city similar to other modern cities. So I am trying to decide where is a more interesting place to stay and if there is also punting available then so much the better.

Not that I've been, but I would reckon Seoul Is a fairly modern city too. :)

Not that I've been, but I would reckon Seoul Is a fairly modern city too. :)

Seoul ,is not just Modern ....Ultra Modern .

So are the Girls .

the best Eye candy on show , is on Meong Dong .

A lot of very Fashionable Pretty girls parading themselves .Think King's Road, chelsea on a saturday Afternnon.

Punting for Foreigners , is on the other Side . Hookers Hill . Itawon ,Which is thw Ex-Pats Area as well .

Located near a US army base... (Was ??), and opposite Hamilton Hotel

I happen to love Korean girls,and although i was tagged , i did manage Few On Hookers Hill . 100,000 Won . Was US$ 100..

Not many Tourists visiting The country .

Not bad the Exchange Rates at the moment .

Winter time a lot of koreans head to JinJu Island ,off the coast for warming up .

As a Base ,i would say Tokyo for sure .

Parts of Tokyo are authentic ,but on the whole Tokyo is made up of so many Parts. A smaller version of LA , but more compact & walkable with excellent transport system .

Kyoto is def worth a visit very Japanesy.

Read my Thread On Tokyo . I got drugged in a Club in Shinjuku .

first time ever in my Life of punting .

The culprit was the Nigerian manager there... But i did a runner in Time ..

Avoid Punting or clubbing in Shinjuku ..

I felt safer in Roppongi,but you don't meet many Japs there .

Parts of Tokyo are authentic ,but on the whole Tokyo is made up of so many Parts. A smaller version of LA , but more compact & walkable with excellent transport system .

Tokyo and Seoul are certainly two places I need to visit, the girls look so hot. :)

The moral of your dodgey story, Is never trust (some) Nigerian as far as you can throw him.

Thanks. I did a search on the board before stating this Thread but could not find anything directly related. Would apprciate a link to your thread on Tokyo.

What is the quality of accomodation like in Tokyo. Can you get anything decent for $200/night. I have always been under the impression that space is in short supply in Tokyo and that hotel rooms are fairly small. Perhaps I am being totally ignornat. I just recall watching this programme on how some Japanese business travellers slept in what resembled a very large safety deposite box :)

I just made love to one of the most beautiful young women on the planet last night - in Pattaya and for less than 100 quid all-in for an overnighter - Tokyo is a great place to visit (at corporate expense, I hasten to add) but Bangkok/Pattaya remains the punting capital of the world!

Thanks. I did a search on the board before stating this Thread but could not find anything directly related. Would apprciate a link to your thread on Tokyo.

What is the quality of accomodation like in Tokyo. Can you get anything decent for $200/night. I have always been under the impression that space is in short supply in Tokyo and that hotel rooms are fairly small. Perhaps I am being totally ignornat. I just recall watching this programme on how some Japanese business travellers slept in what resembled a very large safety deposite box :)

Just to give you an idea on how we did Tokyo &Seoul before i post the relevant info .

I contacted the Korean Tourist Office In London , same office as Korean Air , and they had an offer London to Tokyo ,with a stopover in Seoul both ways .

The beauty of this offer was that they offered a 2 night Accommodation in Seoul& 3 Night Accommodation in this Fare .The fare was around £600, Return .

So i figured with the first few nights Accommodation sorted in each city ,then i would have plenty of time to find our Own hotels in Tokyo& Seoul .

And this worked out perfectly . I wouldn't have considered Seoul as a Destination ,if it wasn't for this Fare .

I did a lot of Reseacrh on Japan and in Paricular on Tokyo ,and Found the best Area for everything is ( AKASAKA ).

For Hotels , Restaurants ,access for every thing . English is widely spoken .

I would compare it say with an area like (SOUTH KENSINGTON), minus - HOD ,which is a pity ..... ,but a lot to do in the area anyway .

The hotel that came in with this fare (AKASAKA Yoko) had very small rooms .

But the location was Great .

I found next door to it HOTEL MAROD . Very good sized rooms and the rates were very good . I think i paid something like 14,000 yen at the time .

From Narita Airport , you just get on the Airport Bus ,and this drops you off at the Last Stop in front of AKASAKA EXCEL HOTEL , in Akaska .

This Hotel is excellent, as well as for Location ,but was more expensive

I found being based in AKASAKA area , everything was a breeze in Tokyo.

A lot of hotels in the Area . Just google AKASAKA hotels .

The newest one was CHISON hotel Akasaka ,with very good rates on wotiff.com .

For Seoul we stayed in HOTEL SAVOY ,on Meong Dong . Hotels in Seoul are quite expensive .

Hotel Hamilton in the ex -pats area of Itawon is a favourite with first timers to Seoul .

I think i just got carried away a bit...,but i always do when i think Of TOKYO . How affordable it was at those Exchange Rates .

I will dig up the paper info , names,prices ,etc and post them .

As an after thought . Both cities are much more formal than other cities in SE Asia , when going out Dining ,Clubbing ,punting .

One needs to dress up a bit ..

Japan& Tokyo is never to be missed ...

Just to give you an idea on how we did Tokyo &Seoul before i post the relevant info .

I contacted the Korean Tourist Office In London , same office as Korean Air , and they had an offer London to Tokyo ,with a stopover in Seoul both ways .

The beauty of this offer was that they offered a 2 night Accommodation in Seoul& 3 Night Accommodation in this Fare .The fare was around £600, Return .

So i figured with the first few nights Accommodation sorted in each city ,then i would have plenty of time to find our Own hotels in Tokyo& Seoul .

And this worked out perfectly . I wouldn't have considered Seoul as a Destination ,if it wasn't for this Fare .

I did a lot of Reseacrh on Japan and in Paricular on Tokyo ,and Found the best Area for everything is ( AKASAKA ).

For Hotels , Restaurants ,access for every thing . English is widely spoken .

I would compare it say with an area like (SOUTH KENSINGTON), minus - HOD ,which is a pity ..... ,but a lot to do in the area anyway .

The hotel that came in with this fare (AKASAKA Yoko) had very small rooms .

But the location was Great .

I found next door to it HOTEL MAROD . Very good sized rooms and the rates were very good . I think i paid something like 14,000 yen at the time .

From Narita Airport , you just get on the Airport Bus ,and this drops you off at the Last Stop in front of AKASAKA EXCEL HOTEL , in Akaska .

This Hotel is excellent, as well as for Location ,but was more expensive

I found being based in AKASAKA area , everything was a breeze in Tokyo.

A lot of hotels in the Area . Just google AKASAKA hotels .

The newest one was CHISON hotel Akasaka ,with very good rates on wotiff.com .

For Seoul we stayed in HOTEL SAVOY ,on Meong Dong . Hotels in Seoul are quite expensive .

Hotel Hamilton in the ex -pats area of Itawon is a favourite with first timers to Seoul .

I think i just got carried away a bit...,but i always do when i think Of TOKYO . How affordable it was at those Exchange Rates .

I will dig up the paper info , names,prices ,etc and post them .

As an after thought . Both cities are much more formal than other cities in SE Asia , when going out Dining ,Clubbing ,punting .

One needs to dress up a bit ..

Japan& Tokyo is never to be missed ...

Here is a Link to the Hotels In AKASAKA Hotels In Tokyo .

http://www.japanican.com/hotels/List.aspx?anl=&sn=1&rn=1&pn=2&prto=&ar=13&sar=130201&&so=c&gclid=CMa4qufu8qQCFWIA4wodMDWohA

If money is not an issue ,tops would be Hotel New Otani .

You would enjoy the Authentic Japanese 400 years old Garden There.

close by you find GRand Prince Hotel , Akasaka .

5 Minutes walk on the main road you find Akasaka Excel Hotel .

This is where the Airport Shuttle Bus Stop is Located .

The newest hotel is CHISUN GRAND ,AKASAKA.

The hotel we stayed at was HOTEL MARROAD ,Akasaka .

Most of the hotels i mentioned are featured on the above link and on others ,such as WOTIFF .

But as a tip, what i did was to PHONE THE HOTELS directly from LONDON and ask for special rates going . I prefer speaking to the Friendly Girls on reception get their names and Let them Know where are you flying From ..

The girls love to chat a bit ,giggle to practise their English with you .

I book a couple of nights ,and then when i am there i can check other hotels ,and also check the SIZE of the rooms .

All the above hotels had Good sized rooms . .Only Akasaka YOKO had small sized rooms,but not as small as to what you heard ..

USing access nos from lONDON ,its only 1p a minute besides it gives me an excuse to PHone TOKYO and chat with the girls ,on the pretext looking for FUTURE Hotels .....

The above are your Accommodation and base needs . Based on my experinces i found AKASAKA was the best AREA to be based at . Further comments from experinced Tokyo Old Hands Are welcome .

As for punting ,yes it can be had , but this needs a follow up post .

I just made love to one of the most beautiful young women on the planet last night - in Pattaya and for less than 100 quid all-in for an overnighter - Tokyo is a great place to visit (at corporate expense, I hasten to add) but Bangkok/Pattaya remains the punting capital of the world!

I am glad you are having a great time in a NO GO AREA for me (Pattaya ).

I don't do overnighters anyway ...,but if i were to do it , i would prefer doing it with a Sun tanned Blonde Beauty ,18/24 ,First Language English,or Fluent English Speaker.

But since they come at a premium , i have to do a lot of Air Miles ,or go for Short time Bookings .

And for Short Bookings ,London is tops ,followed by MILTON Keynes.

But for overnighters with friendly young ladies,there will forever be a Punting Ground Called Bangkok & Pattaya.

Enjoy it while you can .....

More info here.

If you can short list as to what are you specificaly looking for ,Accomodation, Punting, Budget , this will help .

Like i said i wasn't on corporate expenses ,but on a long haul family holiday . AND actually found Tokyo in some respects and Japan in General quite more affordable than London

yOU SAVE A LOT OF money in SEOUL & TOKYO , where there is no such thing as TIPPING .

TIPPING as you know can really inflate your Budget . .

Dont even think about punting in Tokyo unless you have more money than Davey Crockett :blink:

Furyogaijin . I highly rate your reports on SE , ASIA ,and in paritcular on TOKYO & JAPAN . Therefore i would like to nominate you as this FORUM's Resident Expert if you don't mind ???

In 2006& 2007 , i had a blast of a time in Tokyo, but didn't have more money than Davey Crocket (How much was crocket worth at the time... ??), But my best thinking & Punting Guide was Currency Converter,which made me not only think about it ,but actually doing it .

Now currency Coverter makes a depressing reading . Everything now in Tokyo costs Twice as Much As then. £& US$ =J A yen.

Korea, is not too bad compared to Japan in terms of Exchange Rates , but there is a hell of a lot to do in Japan , compared to KOREA..

As an after thought you can do a very Authentic Korean Experience , by arranging a side trip to NORTH KOREA .....or just visit the demeletraized zone between South & North .

Even in North Korea, you might end up having a punt there . Check ISG forum .

As much as i like to visit Authentic & out of the way destinations , i don't think it is advisable for me with the passport i travel on. .

You can't wait for the Converter for ever .... So if you can afford it(TOKYO) , think about it now & do it ...

More info here.

If you can short list as to what are you specificaly looking for ,Accomodation, Punting, Budget , this will help .

Like i said i wasn't on corporate expenses ,but on a long haul family holiday . AND actually found Tokyo in some respects and Japan in General quite more affordable than London

yOU SAVE A LOT OF money in SEOUL & TOKYO , where there is no such thing as TIPPING .

TIPPING as you know can really inflate your Budget . .

thanks for all the useful information. i have budget for a good 4 star hotel. as for the rest there is no set budget. if reasonable cost punting is not readily available then i will just have to give it a miss. to be honest dont find jap girls that attractive. will be in bkk soon anyway so punting can wait. it would be nice to just enjoy the place for a change.

thanks for all the useful information. i have budget for a good 4 star hotel. as for the rest there is no set budget. if reasonable cost punting is not readily available then i will just have to give it a miss. to be honest dont find jap girls that attractive. will be in bkk soon anyway so punting can wait. it would be nice to just enjoy the place for a change.

In Roppogi ,the nightlife district of Akasaka, you will hardly find many Japanese girls .

In hostess drinking Clubs & Strip Clubs, there was A UN of Girls .

Russia, UKraine , Brazil ,Kenya , Nigeria ,etc.

Not forgeting ,China ,and yes Thailand .

In the strip clubs ,Touching gropping is allowed . Actually i had FS in one club

In a private area ofcourse ,and the girl was a tall and very attractive Thai Girl .

Again ,Japan is not to be missed ,and more so if find Jap girls not that Attractive ... You will save a lot of Money, especially if you go Candy Watching in Shibbuya Area , The King's Road of Tokyo. There it is Really Watching .

I wonder why we don't see these girls in the London or outside Japan .

I Guess they are only young students .

We only get to see here the less Attractive ones ....

Just found some very good deals on agoda.com

18 nov . US$ 144 , Grand Prince Akasaka .v good 4 star Hotel

fantastic hotel . The quality room 35 sq m.

Jhttp://www.agoda.com/asia/japan/tokyo/grand_prince_hotel_akasaka.html?type=1&cid=1410090&url=http://www.agoda.com/asia/japan/tokyo/grand_prince_hotel_akasaka.html&tag=4b1ef137-1451-413b-bd2c-2aaf134a5a3d&gclid=CMvkuunW9aQCFUH92AodnxFMh .

They also have some deals on the Next 4 star+ Hotel . New Otani ,Akasaka .

Room 26 sq m.

Both Hotels make a fantastic intoduction to Tokyo .

We had great lunch at grand prince hotel & Dinner at New Otani .

Couldn't afford at the time to stay at Either one .

Highly recommended, both Hotels .

You might change your mind about the Jap Girls ,when you meet some of the girls on Reception in both hotels .

Grand Prince hotel is very good for picking up freebies .

to throw another nice hotel that wont break the bank in tokyo...

http://www.gardenhotels.co.jp/eng/ginzapremier/

Mitsui garden hotel in Ginza area (pretty much like 5th Av in new york), near a good metro interchange, and a typical tokyo hotel experience... Look out into the neon skyline of Tokyo as you have a bath!

Designer hotel that when i went for a few days, cost less than a hundred quid a night, cheaper than advertised on the website.

to throw another nice hotel that wont break the bank in tokyo...

http://www.gardenhotels.co.jp/eng/ginzapremier/

Mitsui garden hotel in Ginza area (pretty much like 5th Av in new york), near a good metro interchange, and a typical tokyo hotel experience... Look out into the neon skyline of Tokyo as you have a bath!

Designer hotel that when i went for a few days, cost less than a hundred quid a night, cheaper than advertised on the website.

Ginza, is fine for quality shopping . think Sloane Street Or Bond street.

Akasaka , is overwhelming .

IMHO,i might add....

Thanks I really appreciate all this. Seems the accomodation is nowhere as bad as I thought. I think we can stretch to 250-300 USD a night and should be able to get somthing decent for that. I am looking forward to this trip.

Just found some very good deals on agoda.com

18 nov . US$ 144 , Grand Prince Akasaka .v good 4 star Hotel

fantastic hotel . The quality room 35 sq m.

Jhttp://www.agoda.com/asia/japan/tokyo/grand_prince_hotel_akasaka.html?type=1&cid=1410090&url=http://www.agoda.com/asia/japan/tokyo/grand_prince_hotel_akasaka.html&tag=4b1ef137-1451-413b-bd2c-2aaf134a5a3d&gclid=CMvkuunW9aQCFUH92AodnxFMh .

They also have some deals on the Next 4 star+ Hotel . New Otani ,Akasaka .

Room 26 sq m.

Both Hotels make a fantastic intoduction to Tokyo .

We had great lunch at grand prince hotel & Dinner at New Otani .

Couldn't afford at the time to stay at Either one .

Highly recommended, both Hotels .

You might change your mind about the Jap Girls ,when you meet some of the girls on Reception in both hotels .

Grand Prince hotel is very good for picking up freebies .

Thanks I really appreciate all this. Seems the accomodation is nowhere as bad as I thought. I think we can stretch to 250-300 USD a night and should be able to get somthing decent for that. I am looking forward to this trip.

Nowhere as Bad as Stockholm.

i was there for a couple of nights Last month . we Paid £180 a Night for an average room in a supposedly 4 Star Hotel in the Centre .

And this was with a discounted Rate .

Stockholm is really bad For accomodation .

Mind you the Breakfast was fantastic .

When are you going to Tokyo ????

Don't leave it too late. It can get very cold in the Winter Months .

So does Seoul .

I've been to tokyo twice (like most people primary reason was not punting although had to do it - just couldn't resist). Both times I stayed in the Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku which is right next to shinjuku station which has extremely easy access to all of tokyo (also the Narita express - tip get the Suica/N'ex prepaid card to make going through through the metro alot easier plus a good discount on the N'ex fare). Loads of Normal bars and restaurants around the station.

My experiences:

Escorts, pricey (Nasty Dolls - not the cheapest but better than the average prices for Tokyo), Girls I saw were great.

Roppongi club (buy girls drinks for them to sit with you) - girl offered to come back to my hotel but my drinks were spiked so got out of there shapish. Credit Card cloned (it was the only place I used it).

Shinjuku, didn't go into any places, but plent of touts for foreign "friendly" place. I am Chinese so thought I could blend in but still got approach in English a lot.

Was tempted by looking for certain BJ/groping places mentioned on ISG etc but didn't bother.